3887 51 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji droneGA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1378415 ft
United States

Hey Guys,

I've made all current updates to the craft and remote, but unfortunately android has not released the updated version for DJI Go4 .10.
Any idea when this will be released for this platform? I'm sure this post might be up somewhere but I didn't find it.

Thanks
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DJI GO 4 for Android v4.1.10 has been released in stages, you can check if you can update. Or wait for the complete release.
2017-9-26
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

not update available this morning for android...
2017-9-26
Use props
fansd2f6dcb3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-26 20:13
DJI GO 4 for Android v4.1.10 has been released in stages, you can check if you can update. Or wait for the complete release.

Waiting is fine, but for how much longer? How about DJI give us Android users a real time date, or is that asking too much?
2017-9-27
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

Thought I was the only one that was still looking for this Android update, I can wait but this is another reason why IOS might be a better option, sad to think "we" need to drop more money to get devices that work better
2017-9-27
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are a ton of comments on this subject already. If you would like to update the app just download it from the web. No need to wait for DJI.
2017-9-27
Use props
fans0ed414ca
New
India

I'm missing the new Quickshots features as the latest Android app doesn't contain it
2017-9-27
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-9-27 06:33
There are a ton of comments on this subject already. If you would like to update the app just download it from the web. No need to wait for DJI.

I prefer an official update !
2017-9-27
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... no need to wait for DJI... ????

First someone has to update the app before it can be released... I'm almost sure you mean "Goole-Store" instead of DJI... They are tje ones who release this update in stages, not DJI!
2017-9-27
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok but people are complaining here, not on the Google forums lol. I mean, if you're so desperate (like I was) to get the new app you have a choice. If you want to wait for the official release then thats fine too, wait for it
2017-9-27
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

How come DJI has not updated the app on their support page? It is still 4.1.8 last I checked.
2017-9-27
Use props
dji droneGA
lvl.1
United States

I can agree with what you're saying to a certain extent. However, I don't believe that DJI should release an update like Quickshots without making sure all consumers can download it at the same time. Not everyone has an iOS device. Not a good business practice on DJI's end.
2017-9-29
Use props
dji droneGA
lvl.1
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-9-27 08:11
Ok but people are complaining here, not on the Google forums lol. I mean, if you're so desperate (like I was) to get the new app you have a choice. If you want to wait for the official release then thats fine too, wait for it

I will wait. I'm not desperate here but realistically you don't drop over $1,000 on the largest consumer drone company in the world, to play hide and go seek on the web for an app update.
2017-9-29
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

If anyone is interested there is a "new" version 4.1.10 at apkmirror. Not sure why it isn't 4.1.11 but this one is different in some way.The "Hash" doesn't match the older one.
2017-9-29
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dji droneGA Posted at 2017-9-29 09:18
I will wait. I'm not desperate here but realistically you don't drop over $1,000 on the largest consumer drone company in the world, to play hide and go seek on the web for an app update.

Its true, I dont know what is going on with this update. This is not the first time they're releasing an update and it has never taken this long, even if its in stages like they claim.
2017-9-29
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-9-29 10:03
Its true, I dont know what is going on with this update. This is not the first time they're releasing an update and it has never taken this long, even if its in stages like they claim.

The DJI GO 4 app for Android is like a loaf of bread:
DJI releases it in slices...
2017-9-29
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-29 12:04
The DJI GO 4 app for Android is like a loaf of bread:
DJI releases it in slices...

but DJI should take a look at how we buy a loaf of bread, in slices but you still get the whole bread, not just one slice lol.
2017-9-29
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-9-29 12:07
but DJI should take a look at how we buy a loaf of bread, in slices but you still get the whole bread, not just one slice lol.

That's how I feel about the DJI GO 4 app for Android.
Features seem to trickle down to the Android version from the iOS version in small portions.
One example: ESC beeping in Find My Drone works in the iOS version, but not in the Android version.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI DroneGuyGA
lvl.1
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-9-29 12:07

True. Well, just an update. I updated to the .10 version today and its a turd ball. The latency is horrible, the video feed comes in and out and all the telemetry won't work properly, which means the Quickshot ain't working.  DJI, whats up?
2017-9-29
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Works fine on s8+ no latency at all in fact first time i have experienced no problems at all! V4.1.10 updated to newer version on apk mirror hashs were different so something changed. Noticed but I opened app after updating another resource file updated all in all pretty good update
2017-9-29
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-29 12:18
That's how I feel about the DJI GO 4 app for Android.
Features seem to trickle down to the Android version from the iOS version in small portions.
One example: ESC beeping in Find My Drone works in the iOS version, but not in the Android version.

That's just a bug -- at least on Android it wasn't showing your Mavic as being in China!

It's more than likely that the Android and iOS developer projects are staffed by different teams, and I doubt that they share a codebase in a significant way.
2017-9-29
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

dji droneGA Posted at 2017-9-29 09:06
I can agree with what you're saying to a certain extent. However, I don't believe that DJI should release an update like Quickshots without making sure all consumers can download it at the same time. Not everyone has an iOS device. Not a good business practice on DJI's end.

DJI has no choice in the matter -- they hand builds over to Apple and Google, then both company stores do their checks and reviews before posting them to the world. If either store has an issue, it gets kicked back to DJI to respond and/or address and resubmit, starting the process all over again. DJI has zero to do with the way Google opts to push builds out to their various download servers.
2017-9-29
Use props
djiuser_MEiVLWU
New

Indonesia

the point is when DJi is going to release DJI GO 4 for android versi 4.1.10 ? next year?
2017-9-29
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-29 18:52
That's just a bug -- at least on Android it wasn't showing your Mavic as being in China!

It's more than likely that the Android and iOS developer projects are staffed by different teams, and I doubt that they share a codebase in a significant way.

One user wrote that his Mavic wasn't merely being shown in China, but on a golf course in China!
That would explain why the gimbal cover is approximately the size of a golf ball.

Yes, I have the same impression that there isn't much synchronizing between the iOS software team and the Android software team at DJI.
That would explain why in the Android version of the DJI GO 4 app there are two China Mainland options whereas in the iOS version there's only one.
2017-9-30
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Aaaandd... still waiting for the Android version!
2017-9-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-30 00:18
One user wrote that his Mavic wasn't merely being shown in China, but on a golf course in China!
That would explain why the gimbal cover is approximately the size of a golf ball.

Yeah, I think the difference is caused by the different mapping services they use for Android vs. iOS, the latter I think uses Apple Maps. I think the iOS version automatically corrects for the China mainland location and thus has no need of a checkbox option insettings?

Interestingly, when I use the Find my Drone feature and tap on the drone location, there is a China mainland checkbox, which is always checked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2017-10-1
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I don't get you lot, if you cannot wait for Google to push it why not go to the *official* DJI download page, download the APK and sideload it? http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-10-2
Use props
szh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 252139 ft
France

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-10-2 06:49
I don't get you lot, if you cannot wait for Google to push it why not go to the *official* DJI download page, download the APK and sideload it? http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Because the version there is still 4.1.9, according to the description and the date in the file name.

Furthermore, that version, just like the version available from the various Chinese app stores, is significantly larger than the Play Store version. This does not really inspire trust.  In the past, I had unpleasant experiences with the Chinese-app-store variants of certain apps that also had a (different) Play Store version ...  Of course, the size difference could be due to something completely harmless (instead of advertisements or tracking code), but I prefer to rely on the vetting done by Google when possible.
2017-10-2
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-1 07:46
Yeah, I think the difference is caused by the different mapping services they use for Android vs. iOS, the latter I think uses Apple Maps. I think the iOS version automatically corrects for the China mainland location and thus has no need of a checkbox option insettings?

Interestingly, when I use the Find my Drone feature and tap on the drone location, there is a China mainland checkbox, which is always checked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is strange though, that the location is not determined by the DJI GO 4 app itself, since it knows the precise GPS location of the drone.

Would this explain all the flyaways, i.e. all the drones are trying to return to China?
2017-10-2
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Those who sideloaded Android 4.1.10 do you guy have issues deleting from the gallery (referring to the play icon below the camera setting)? Seems I have intermittent issue, most of the time I can delete but sometimes it just hang after the confirmation prompt. Be it deleting individually or deleting few selected. Need to restart the app to repeat the delete process. I didn't noticed this issue on the previous versions.
2017-10-2
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

szh Posted at 2017-10-2 07:09
Because the version there is still 4.1.9, according to the description and the date in the file name.

Furthermore, that version, just like the version available from the various Chinese app stores, is significantly larger than the Play Store version. This does not really inspire trust.  In the past, I had unpleasant experiences with the Chinese-app-store variants of certain apps that also had a (different) Play Store version ...  Of course, the size difference could be due to something completely harmless (instead of advertisements or tracking code), but I prefer to rely on the vetting done by Google when possible.

Fair point. I did not check the sizes. I assumed, wrongly, that the file was the current release. I use this download sometimes to sideload onto the Epson BT300 as the Epson "app store" is even more behind.
2017-10-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Why wait for the stores? The new features are great also the color button ,  when flying in d-log you screen looks beter with more colors but you still recorded in d-log!!!
2017-10-3
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-29 17:42
Works fine on s8+ no latency at all in fact first time i have experienced no problems at all! V4.1.10 updated to newer version on apk mirror hashs were different so something changed. Noticed but I opened app after updating another resource file updated all in all pretty good update

Please, can you check WIFI mode? and try active track? it doesn´t work.

Too, with QUICK SHOT mode, you only can select DISTANCE... but not speed. iOS app has speed setting.

regards
2017-10-3
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-10-2 06:49

Where are you finding the APK file on the DJI site? Your link just takes us to the Download page of DJI, no APK file there that I can see. Nevermind just clicked the Icon, is this the 4.1.10 APK?
2017-10-3
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-3 03:01
Where are you finding the APK file on the DJI site? Your link just takes us to the Download page of DJI, no APK file there that I can see. Nevermind just clicked the Icon, is this the 4.1.10 APK?

I thought it was always the latest, but as per a reply above it appears maybe not.

Peter
2017-10-3
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-29 18:55
DJI has no choice in the matter -- they hand builds over to Apple and Google, then both company stores do their checks and reviews before posting them to the world. If either store has an issue, it gets kicked back to DJI to respond and/or address and resubmit, starting the process all over again. DJI has zero to do with the way Google opts to push builds out to their various download servers.

That is right as far as the App Store is concerned. Updates on the Play Store get released within 2-3hours without a review process. But the developers can do a so-called staged release. In that case e.g. 0.5% of the users get the update. The remaining 99.5% do not get it. Then the developers manually increase the update rate to 1%, then 2% and so on until they have a full release with 100% of the users getting the latest version.

Developers usually do staged releases to see if the app works on the 0.5% of devices that get it. But if those users are not actively using the app, they still get no feedback. On

The fact that there is still no 100% release available on Android indicates that there have been technical issues with this version of the app and the developers want to fix those before the app goes to everyone. Indeed, when I think about the huge number of crashes and freezes the app had on mydevices, the developers probably just did not notice that they rolled out the app only to 0.5% of the users and are happy not about the reduced number of crashes the new version causes. ;-)
2017-10-3
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-10-3 06:45
That is right as far as the App Store is concerned. Updates on the Play Store get released within 2-3hours without a review process. But the developers can do a so-called staged release. In that case e.g. 0.5% of the users get the update. The remaining 99.5% do not get it. Then the developers manually increase the update rate to 1%, then 2% and so on until they have a full release with 100% of the users getting the latest version.

Developers usually do staged releases to see if the app works on the 0.5% of devices that get it. But if those users are not actively using the app, they still get no feedback. On

Interesting, didn't know about developer-managed staged releases -- I thought that staged releases were something Google did as part of their CDN managment. Thanks for the correction -- is that something allowed to developers relatively recently? I don't remember any of the apps my company was involved with taking advantage of this capability.
2017-10-3
Use props
djiuser_ssMehYg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 267625 ft
Spain

II have a problem with the DJI GO 4 app, I live in Spain, and I bought a Mavic Pro, but the APP requires a phone number from China, and I can not do it because as I said before I'm living in Spain, the application does not let insert a Spanish phone number to obtain the verification code for the application to work correctly. It happens that if the app is not verified this is blocked, it is crazy, I am annoyed with this, I would like a solution for this. Thank you
2017-10-4
Use props
djiuser_ssMehYg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 267625 ft
Spain

I have a problem with the DJI GO 4 app, I live in Spain, and I bought a Mavic Pro, but the APP requires a phone number from China, and I can not do it because as I said before I'm living in Spain, the application does not let insert a Spanish phone number to obtain the verification code for the application to work correctly. It happens that if the app is not verified this is blocked, it is crazy, I am annoyed with this, I would like a solution for this. Thank you
2017-10-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

There is an unofficial APK for it around.  It wasn't ever fully released and/or was pulled due to problems.  As a result .9 is still the latest pushed "official" stable android release.
It is pathetic that DJI cant manage to organise a simultaneous upgrade with new features.  It would seem platform development teams dont talk to each other and those teams aren't under any joint control from above in terms of deadlines and releases.  All in all amateur.
2017-10-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules