Confused by tapfly message
2041 24 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Today I would test if tapfly would make a descent when pointed to a lower point, (coordinate mode, I think)
so I put the spark about 12 meters up, 30 meters away and pointed at the home point. But that did not work:

"Cannot enter Tapfly mode. The direction is out of the Forward Obstacle Sensing range. Tap a different direction."

I tried to tap a different direction at least 20 times, but got the same message every time.
In my mind, the spark is supposed to start at at fair distance from the target, so offcourse it is out of of obstacle sensing range.
How should I understand the message?
2017-9-26
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, as you have discovered, tapfly is a wonderful exercise in something that was never wanted, never needed, solving a problem that was never there and something that rarely works. Useless and pointless engineering at its best
Apart from that it's a wonderful 'Ohhhhh look what I've invented Mr Wang' useless feature
2017-9-26
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-9-26 08:45
Yes, as you have discovered, tapfly is a wonderful exercise in something that was never wanted, never needed, solving a problem that was never there and something that rarely works. Useless and pointless engineering at its best
Apart from that it's a wonderful 'Ohhhhh look what I've invented Mr Wang' useless feature

Mr Wang engineering at it's best .. LOL
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Do you have the firmware up to date on the Spark? Have you calibrated the sensors with the Assistant 2 softrware? What type of mobile device are you using with the Go4 App?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
2017-9-26
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Firmware is  V01.00.0600
I don’t see any sensor calibration possibilities in assisant 2,
The go app 4 shows that IMU and Compass calibration is excellent..
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

heliman Posted at 2017-9-26 13:39
Firmware is  V01.00.0600
I don’t see any sensor calibration possibilities in assisant 2,
The go app 4 shows that IMU and Compass calibration is excellent..

Try this to see if this helps: https://www.djivideos.com/video_ ... d-afa8-3d4082064a81
2017-9-26
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

That’s for a phantom. When connecting the spark, there is no such function.
The menus are:
Firmware Update
Data Upload
Black Box
Simulator
WIFI Settings

And that’s all.
I don't believe the sensors should work from that distance. So I don't think it has to do with them.

2017-9-26
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only calibration options on the Spark are IMU, RC sticks and compass... All via GO 4 - there are no calibration options in Assistant 2 for the Spark such as vision positioning and there is no gimbal calibration option in the app either.
2017-9-26
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101220 ft
Canada

Maybe CourseLock would be a better option to implement on the Spark - not sure when TaptoFly would be useful
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Heliman, please provide a screenshot of the error message. And What is the version of your app? Please export the flight data and the black box data for us to analyze.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Tharg, did you have the same error message from your app? Please follow the advice in 10#. And let us locate the problem. Thanks for your support.
2017-9-27
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-27 00:15
Heliman, please provide a screenshot of the error message. And What is the version of your app? Please export the flight data and the black box data for us to analyze.

Here is a screen shot:
It’s from a screen capture movie.

The app is the lastest iphone version.
About logs:
I’m not ready to publish my data unless I know exactly what they contain.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

heliman Posted at 2017-9-27 05:29
Here is a screen shot:
[view_image]It’s from a screen capture movie.

Heliman, if you don't provide the flight data, we will have trouble in finding out the reason. You can PM me the link and there are a lot of users provide their data to us. Don't worry about it.
2017-9-27
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Clicking “Personal Message” just gives me at ton of xml code (using Safari 10.1.2 browser).

Well, here are the blackbox data: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qciaq ... 2cbySBYo1D8KLa?dl=0
(I hope the links works).
The day with total tapfly fail was september 26th. (the one of the two modes).
On sept. 27th. when I made the screenshot, tapfly worked most of the time.
One of the two tapfly modes can descend. It does not go all the way to the ground and stop, but continues going forward at a safe altitude.
I see forward to hear what the message really means.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

heliman Posted at 2017-9-28 01:26
Clicking “Personal Message” just gives me at ton of xml code (using Safari 10.1.2 browser).

Well, here are the blackbox data: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qciaq91kyiqt7d1/AAAieWtwxvi2cbySBYo1D8KLa?dl=0

Thanks for your update. I would transfer it to our engineers. Please wait patiently.
2017-9-28
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I am still waiting for an explanation of the  "Cannot enter Tapfly mode. The direction is out of the Forward Obstacle Sensing range. Tap a different direction.” message.
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

heliman Posted at 2017-10-5 14:05
I am still waiting for an explanation of the  "Cannot enter Tapfly mode. The direction is out of the Forward Obstacle Sensing range. Tap a different direction.” message.

More data is needed for analysis. Can you provide the flight data?
2017-10-18
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I now have add the corresponding FlightRecords and FlightLogs in dropbox folder.
The message in question is at time 12:18
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qciaq ... 2cbySBYo1D8KLa?dl=0
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

heliman Posted at 2017-10-18 02:08
I now have add the corresponding FlightRecords and FlightLogs in dropbox folder.
The message in question is at time 12:18
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qciaq91kyiqt7d1/AAAieWtwxvi2cbySBYo1D8KLa?dl=0

I think you provide me the black box data. Please follow the video and provide us the flight controller data( the first part of the video).
2017-10-31
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Everything I have is in that folder.

Pressing upload (to download) via. the assistant does not work properly. (On my mac).
It seems to slowly save the logs to the directory I specified, but does not produce any files.
2017-10-31
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Just a perfect definition of what it is! Thank you.
2019-1-25
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

JMX46 Posted at 2017-9-26 16:53
Maybe CourseLock would be a better option to implement on the Spark - not sure when TaptoFly would be useful

There aren't any CourseLock modes for Spark. It's just for Mavic. And there isn't TapFly Free either.
2019-1-25
Use props
Larry.
New
United States

Sorry for bringing up a old thread since I could not another place to post the question.

When I use the dji go 4 "tapfly" directional mode for spark, I got the error message "obstacle in flight path".  But from the picture shown below.  I did not see anything in the flight path.  What could be the reason?

2019-3-4
Use props
Larry.
New
United States

reload picture
2019-3-4
Use props
Larry.
New
United States

The uploading picture function sucks.