Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I2 fluidity in P-Mode
903 10 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gwen1405
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2543038 ft
Belgium

Hi,

As a new owner of an Inspire 2 (2 weeks later), I proceed to the firmware upgrade after the receipt. I have also a P4, and the upgrade procedure was painful (not the procedure but only side effects).

So after calibration and other fine tunes, I decide to test it outdoor on a drone field. So ATTI is good and Sportt mode too, but for the P-Mode the flight is « jerky ». The flight fluidity is not linear, I have a decrease, increase speed impression (The noise also is «bad » in P-Mode)

And I have enough satellites, no wind condition, vps calibrated,  ...

So do you have the same issue (due to firmware version)?

Do you have the same behaviour with your I2 ?

Kind regards,

Gwen
2017-9-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

You need to slow the gimbal speeds way down I found.  Default is too quick and looks jerky.  I sat the thing on the ground and went for about 7-8 seconds with whatever lens I plan to use to get from one edge of frame to the other in both yaw as well as the ptich in the settings.  Sometimes they will overshoot too if you set it wrong.

I think this is from an I2, but not sure:

Settings_01.jpg
2017-9-26
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Is there any official documentation on how to set gains and sensitivity. I have no idea what are their norm and how do they affect flight performance.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gwen, did you shoot a video at that time, we need the video for further check. Any error message from your app? Please provide a screenshot of your advanced setting. Thanks for your support.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DTK Posted at 2017-9-26 16:26
Is there any official documentation on how to set gains and sensitivity. I have no idea what are their norm and how do they affect flight performance.

DTK, there is no official documentation about the setting of gain or sensitivity. I would recommend you set it in your most convenience. Please note that I would not recommend you set "gimbal yaw smoothness in follow mode" in 0 or 100.  
2017-9-26
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Elektra, without DJI documentation trying to set anything is less than academic. If you don't have any documentation, seriously you should ask your technical department why the setting is there.
2017-9-26
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.3
Belgium

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-26 15:46
You need to slow the gimbal speeds way down I found.  Default is too quick and looks jerky.  I sat the thing on the ground and went for about 7-8 seconds with whatever lens I plan to use to get from one edge of frame to the other in both yaw as well as the ptich in the settings.  Sometimes they will overshoot too if you set it wrong.

I think this is from an I2, but not sure:

Hi fansa84fe8a4,

I see the same explanation for the P4, so it’’s now general to all aircraft models!

It’s a lack of communication of DJI, why they don’t communicate about the gain??!! Grrr
2017-9-27
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-26 19:09
Gwen, did you shoot a video at that time, we need the video for further check. Any error message from your app? Please provide a screenshot of your advanced setting. Thanks for your support.

Hi Elektra,

There is no error messages (no errors durin warming-up and before the flight), except a warning zone area (the drone fields is located at 10-15 km of a military base, but the club have an agreement ).

So based on the gain info from an user (also the same issue for the P4), I car decrease a little bit the gain in the configuration( 1of 3 settings) and test it.

But I repeat in Sport Mode and ATTI it’s working like a charm!

Kr,

Gwen
2017-9-27
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.3
Belgium

So for the moment, I fly without cam (I expect to buy one for the next months)
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gwen1405 Posted at 2017-9-27 10:17
Hi Elektra,

There is no error messages (no errors durin warming-up and before the flight), except a warning zone area (the drone fields is located at 10-15 km of a military base, but the club have an agreement ).

Please shoot a video about this situation. I would forward it to our engineers and locate the problem. Thanks for your support.
2017-9-27
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Gwen,

Flying in Atti mode will generally be smoother than with GPS. In Atti mode the bird will glide on the air as you release the sticks, in GPS it will be constantly fighting/correcting its position. Personally, I prefer to shoot video in Atti mode because of this, only using GPS to hold a position.
You could try lowering your "Attitude" and "Brake" Sensitivity, this may help you achieve a smoother flight. Try this and if you still believe there is something amiss, ask a friend to film the aircraft in flight and post the footage here.

Mark G.
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules