Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
White dots on Mavic controller screen
3162 10 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
georgebguedes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1097188 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hey guys,

today I updated the firmware version of my Mavic and I noticed on my controller these white dots on the screen (I took two pictures, one focusing on the screen and another on the controller edges so you guys can see it, that's why one is darker than the other).

I have the Mavic for 3 months and I just used it about 8 times, tops, I even didn't remove the plastic that comes on the screen of the remote. It's not dust, I lifted up the plastic just a little bit and I could still see the white dots on the screen.

Does anybody also have this? Anyone knows what it could be?

Thanks for your help in advance
IMG_1317.jpg
IMG_7738.JPG
2017-9-26
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185892 ft
United Kingdom

don't know what those dots are but I will say... be glad you haven't got any of the other faults people are reporting by updating the FW.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, these dots show up only after the firmware upgrading? Had you noticed this before?
2017-9-26
Use props
georgebguedes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-26 18:19
Just to verify, these dots show up only after the firmware upgrading? Had you noticed this before?

I didn't notice this before, but I honestly never paid much attention to the controller screen and I didn't use it much, so probably the white dots were there before the update...

And I know that, at least if these dots doesn't get worse, they aren't the worst problem that can happen to me and doesn't affect so much besides visual... but it is really frustrating, I paid a lot on this drone and the screen of the remote isn't working how it should be after only 3 months... So that's why I was wondering to know if others have this too or know what it could be
2017-9-26
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

I've got the same thing. I also hadn't noticed them before the last update, and I can't say for 100% sure if they were or weren't there before it. I first noticed them during the last update process a week or so ago. I did some flying yesterday (with zero problems) and couldn't see them in the daylight. I just turned my RC on to check again and there are a few white dots showing, but not as many as there were during the update process.
2017-9-26
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

They actually look like dead pixels. If they are then it may stay the same or it may get worse.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

georgebguedes Posted at 2017-9-26 18:28
I didn't notice this before, but I honestly never paid much attention to the controller screen and I didn't use it much, so probably the white dots were there before the update...

And I know that, at least if these dots doesn't get worse, they aren't the worst problem that can happen to me and doesn't affect so much besides visual... but it is really frustrating, I paid a lot on this drone and the screen of the remote isn't working how it should be after only 3 months... So that's why I was wondering to know if others have this too or know what it could be

Hi there, please send the RC back for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Sorry for the inconvenience. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-9-27
Use props
georgebguedes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-27 02:23
Hi there, please send the RC back for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Sorry for the inconvenience. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Hey Thor, thanks for your answer! I am from Brazil and when I choose my country on the link that you send me it shows that my selection isn't available. Then asks me to contact via dji.com/support and choose "Other support options", but I can't find this... could you help me on how to proceed?
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

georgebguedes Posted at 2017-9-27 04:19
Hey Thor, thanks for your answer! I am from Brazil and when I choose my country on the link that you send me it shows that my selection isn't available. Then asks me to contact via dji.com/support and choose "Other support options", but I can't find this... could you help me on how to proceed?

Oh, I suggest sending an email to support.us@dji.com. They will guide you how to do. Thank you.
2017-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-26 22:08
They actually look like dead pixels. If they are then it may stay the same or it may get worse.

i would agree with you however, the controller used is not a dot matrix/active dot matrix, it is a line segment LCD which means what we are likely seeing here is failing polarizing filter on the top layer of the LCD creating little specks.  it could been out of the factory bad or maybe adhesive layer failing with temperature cycling from poor lamination.  either way is a factory/quality assurance  issue, no way the OP's fault or anyone's fault if this happens.  
2017-9-27
Use props
Friso
New
Flight distance : 44754 ft
Netherlands

Hi Thor,

As you can by the attached screenshots I have the same issue with the LCD of my Mavic controller. It definitely happened after the latest update. Is there already a solution or do I have to send the controller in for repair??

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Friso Annema

2017-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules