3096 17 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190207 ft
  • >>>
United States

Took my Spark out this morning, got beautiful vids, then back at sunset and some vids came out great and then some were like this...any idea? I never mess with the Video settings.....just the defaults.....

thanks in advance

Micky

2017-9-26
Use props
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

From same flight....
2017-9-26
Use props
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

From same flight.....

2017-9-26
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Looks definately wierd - I have never had anything but super crisp steady video from my DJI Spark.

Is it from the memory card or from the mobile device ?
2017-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That's a big difference indeed.
Are these taken from the SD card or from the app?
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please try to shoot the video when the light is sufficient.
Switch to M mode in camera setting. Then you can adjust the exposure under 1/400s and increase ISO. Sport mode and high wind may also cause the problem.
Please keep us updated.
2017-9-26
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If i was to guess whats wrong I would say the ISO is maxed out, it appears to be a bit windy up there. The shaky blur left to right is from the spark only having a 2 axis gimbal and relies on dampers for the other axis. It looks smudged and blurry because of the high ISO. For sunsets use manual control, set iso 100-200 and adjust the shutter till you get a nice image. Dont forget that sunsets are a bit darker than a normal shot and it will help prevent overexposing the sun as you pan. Here's my example using that method. It was shot on the phantom 3 adv but the same principles apply.
Best watched in 1080p, strange artifacting is from youtubes encode. The original is crispy.
2017-9-27
Use props
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2017-9-26 22:04
Looks definately wierd - I have never had anything but super crisp steady video from my DJI Spark.

Is it from the memory card or from the mobile device ?

Me to, always super crisp videos. From the memory card.
2017-9-27
Use props
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-26 22:58
That's a big difference indeed.
Are these taken from the SD card or from the app?

SD card.....
2017-9-27
Use props
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-26 22:59
Please try to shoot the video when the light is sufficient.
Switch to M mode in camera setting. Then you can adjust the exposure under 1/400s and increase ISO. Sport mode and high wind may also cause the problem.
Please keep us updated.

Thanks....I'm going to try again tonight hopefully. Wasn't on sport mode and was a calm night......
2017-9-27
Use props
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-9-27 01:07
If i was to guess whats wrong I would say the ISO is maxed out, it appears to be a bit windy up there. The shaky blur left to right is from the spark only having a 2 axis gimbal and relies on dampers for the other axis. It looks smudged and blurry because of the high ISO. For sunsets use manual control, set iso 100-200 and adjust the shutter till you get a nice image. Dont forget that sunsets are a bit darker than a normal shot and it will help prevent overexposing the sun as you pan. Here's my example using that method. It was shot on the phantom 3 adv but the same principles apply.
https://youtu.be/b4axxyUoGH4Best watched in 1080p, strange artifacting is from youtubes encode. The original is crispy.

Thanks! Gorgeous video! I'm going to try the manual settings tonight hopefully......
2017-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is very odd. Never seen that before.
2017-9-27
Use props
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hmmm took this tonight and vids came out nice.....

2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-9-27 01:07
https://youtu.be/b4axxyUoGH4Best watched in 1080p, strange artifacting is from youtubes encode. The original is crispy.

Wow! Look really great with this ISO. Thanks for sharing this method.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans0e2c5434 Posted at 2017-9-28 01:35
Hmmm took this tonight and vids came out nice.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zha7kH4yXs0

Great! Hope you can shoot more good video with adjusting ISO to a proper position. Feel free to share your question here and learn together.
2017-9-28
Use props
fans1fa2df2f
New

New Zealand

Hi guys, same story I’m having issues with the grainy footage with both pictures and video, ( I’m not using a SD card if that even matters). I’ve seen some amazing footage from people I just wanted to know is there something  doing wrong or is this just the standard of the DJI spark? Would appreciate any advice or thoughts

Cheers
2018-12-18
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1fa2df2f Posted at 12-18 18:39
Hi guys, same story I’m having issues with the grainy footage with both pictures and video, ( I’m not using a SD card if that even matters). I’ve seen some amazing footage from people I just wanted to know is there something  doing wrong or is this just the standard of the DJI spark? Would appreciate any advice or thoughts

Cheers

You mention NOT using an SD card? If that is the case, you will never see a "good" image.
Anything that you are seeing in the app is not a good quality image.
The Spark records the " good" images ONLY on the SD card!
How are you retrieving these videos/pictures?
The BEST quality/resolution is directly from the SD card (in the Spark) Which would have to be inserted into either a PC or an adapter (to read it on your phone/device).
Anything that is on the phone/device is a low quality/resolution preview that is cached in the phones memory.
It is possible to download "good" images to your device/phone, but they have to have been recorded onto the SD card first.

I hope that helps.
I suggest you take a little time and research the function since that info is not clear at first!

2018-12-19
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

You will notice a pretty big difference from what you view on you device vs. downloading from the SD card.  Make sure you get a quality card like Sandisk Extreme.
2018-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules