Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will Crystalsky work with Spark?
123Next >
11878 84 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225978 ft
United Kingdom

I was using an OTG cable with my iPhone and as discovered in my other post can no longer continue to do so without restrictions. I have already ordered a Crystal sky to use with my Mavic and am wondering if it will work with Spark?

I was hoping to use the screen with both drones and as I use Autopilot a lot with the Mavic, it may not actually be worth keeping the Crystalsky.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The Crystalsky is compatible with the Spark now, just make sure the Crysalsky firmware and the drone firmware both are up to date. FYI, so far, it is not able to install third-party APPs in Crystalsky.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TrevorL, please connect crystalsky with spark through wifi. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-9-27
Use props
TrevorL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-27 00:49
TrevorL, please connect crystalsky with spark through wifi. Thanks for your understanding.

Great thanks!
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

You are welcome. Please inform us when you encounter new problem with crystalsky.
2017-9-27
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-27 00:56
You are welcome. Please inform us when you encounter new problem with crystalsky.

Elektra, Any idea of when crystalsky will get an update on Go4 from version 4.1.6 to the latest version so we can do 180 panoramas (21 picture)?
2017-10-5
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-27 00:49

Elektra, DJI literally says to connect Crystal sky to Spark by OTG.

Crystal sky Mavic and Spark Mount
Look under "important information"
2017-10-5
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

I have tried to connect with this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and so far no luck. What is the correct cable. And again any idea for a CrystalSky Go4 app update?
2017-10-6
Use props
BlueSkies99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3238 ft
United States

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-6 03:09
I have tried to connect with this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LONQ7R6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and so far no luck. What is the correct cable. And again any idea for a CrystalSky Go4 app update?

I've been using CrystalSky 5.5 with my Spark for about 6 weeks.  I connect with wifi.  No OTG cables.  Works great.
2017-10-6
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am SOOO tempted.  I'm tired of viewing difficulties using the normal mobile devices (I own an android).  This has been on my mind for a while.  But so has a Mavic.
2017-10-6
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

BlueSkies99 Posted at 2017-10-6 09:57
I've been using CrystalSky 5.5 with my Spark for about 6 weeks.  I connect with wifi.  No OTG cables.  Works great.

I am using the WiFi  with the CrystalSky also and have had no problems. I love it. Screen is plenty bright even in direct sunlight. But I now see that they recommend the OTG cable, so I want to give it a try. So far no luck getting a connection with the cable. I am guessing its the cable I bought from amazon. DJI has this one DJI OTG cable But it still would need another cable on that. at least that is how it looks to me. I will post when I do get it working and how I got it to work.
2017-10-6
Use props
Floyd-Spark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52644 ft
Hong Kong

My wife bought me the 5.5 CS the other day. I have played around with it a bit indoors. I will take it out tomorrow to the mountains behind my place. It looks awesome. I hace a Spark and a bunch of accessories for it. I am using the Mavic mount and connecting CS to controller via wifi. I find that the USB cable coming out of the Mavic mount is not in the best position for my Spark controller if I want to use my OTG cable. So tomorrow in the mountains I try wifi. Going to the flagship DJI store in Hong Kong right now to look for some more extras. Its an amazing store.
2017-10-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-6 03:09
I have tried to connect with this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LONQ7R6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and so far no luck. What is the correct cable. And again any idea for a CrystalSky Go4 app update?

This is not an OTG cable, it can't work. With e.g. this one it should work: https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-Bra ... dji+spark+otg+cable
There are also other brands and other cable lengthes available out there.
Crystal Sky has an USB C-Type plug at the bottom (means short distance to RC) and an Android micro USB plug on the side.
2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-5 12:18
Elektra, Any idea of when crystalsky will get an update on Go4 from version 4.1.6 to the latest version so we can do 180 panoramas (21 picture)?

Could you please explain what exactly prevents you from just installing the latest App version on your Crystal Sky?
2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-27 00:34
The Crystalsky is compatible with the Spark now, just make sure the Crysalsky firmware and the drone firmware both are up to date. FYI, so far, it is not able to install third-party APPs in Crystalsky.

Dear Diana, could you please convey our strong wish for this feature to be implemented? It would be nice to be able to install e.g. a screen recorder.
2017-10-7
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-7 05:46
This is not an OTG cable, it can't work. With e.g. this one it should work: https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-Braided-Lightning-Micro-USB-Cellphone/dp/B071ZS7XB6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1507383677&sr=8-6&keywords=dji+spark+otg+cable
There are also other brands and other cable lengthes available out there.
Crystal Sky has an USB C-Type plug at the bottom (means short distance to RC) and an Android micro USB plug on the side.

So I should pick the USB C for CS side to Micro USB for RC side? I do not see the difference but will take your word for it and give it a try
2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-7 06:03
So I should pick the USB C for CS side to Micro USB for RC side? I do not see the difference but will take your word for it and give it a try

I don't have one yet and therefore cannot guarantee. But at least according to the specs this is, what is available.
BUT: No matter whether you use USB-C or Micro USB, it has to be an OTG cable as in the link provided above. A normal USB data cable will not work for sure.

2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-10-6 10:14
I am SOOO tempted.  I'm tired of viewing difficulties using the normal mobile devices (I own an android).  This has been on my mind for a while.  But so has a Mavic.

My temptation phase is over now and has switched to the impatience phase . I'll go for the 7.85'' High Brightness version. The only problem is, it's not on stock anywhere...
2017-10-7
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-7 06:33
I don't have one yet and therefore cannot guarantee. But at least according to the specs this is, what is available.
BUT: No matter whether you use USB-C or Micro USB, it has to be an OTG cable as in the link provided above. A normal USB data cable will not work for sure.

Thanks so much! I have it ordered.
2017-10-7
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-7 06:43
My temptation phase is over now and has switched to the impatience phase . I'll go for the 7.85'' High Brightness version. The only problem is, it's not on stock anywhere...

You will need a charger with the CrystalSky. And they need to update Go4 on the CS. It is currently ver. 4.1.6  and I think everyone else is up to 4.1.10 or 4.1.12.
2017-10-7
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Was about to pull trigger on crystal sky display, but seems like major problem if you can't have latest s/w.
What's the problem?
2017-10-7
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-10-7 08:36
Was about to pull trigger on crystal sky display, but seems like major problem if you can't have latest s/w.
What's the problem?

I don't know. I am hoping it comes out soon. I want the 21 picture panorama and the 360. that it comes with.
2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-7 07:43
You will need a charger with the CrystalSky. And they need to update Go4 on the CS. It is currently ver. 4.1.6  and I think everyone else is up to 4.1.10 or 4.1.12.

I had asked you a question further above: If you have a Crystalsky, what impedes you from updating the App?
2017-10-7
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-7 12:55
I had asked you a question further above: If you have a Crystalsky, what impedes you from updating the App?

DJI Go4 4.1.6 is the latest for the CS. Waiting for DJI to come out with the versions that Android/Apple users are up to.
2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-7 13:06
DJI Go4 4.1.6 is the latest for the CS. Waiting for DJI to come out with the versions that Android/Apple users are up to.

Why don't you simply answer my question? You don't have a Crystalsky yet, right? Crystalsky is on Android and it has WiFi. Thus updating to the latest App should not be a problem at all. If you can provide hard evidence for the opposite please do so, ok?
2017-10-7
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-7 13:08
Why don't you simply answer my question? You don't have a Crystalsky yet, right? Crystalsky is on Android and it has WiFi. Thus updating to the latest App should not be a problem at all. If you can provide hard evidence for the opposite please do so, ok?

Sorry I do have the CrystaSky 5.5. While it is Android the CS is a closed system. I don't know what is holding up DJI from coming out with the latest version on this. I have talked to tech support and they tell me it will be coming out. If you scroll up you will see I asked Electra if she knows when they will update the CS. As you can see she has not responded.
2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-7 13:19
Sorry I do have the CrystaSky 5.5. While it is Android the CS is a closed system. I don't know what is holding up DJI from coming out with the latest version on this. I have talked to tech support and they tell me it will be coming out. If you scroll up you will see I asked Electra if she knows when they will update the CS. As you can see she has not responded.

Thank you for this now very clear answer. And if the situation is as you describe it, it's very odd indeed. I could not imagine that to be honest. Thus you even can't update if you have the App file on a memory stick or transfer it on the CS memory? Should that be the case, I shall definitely wait with my purchase...
2017-10-7
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

Hard evidence? call DJI tech support or ask ANYBODY that has a CS. Like I do, you will see they have ver 4.1.6
2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-7 13:24
Hard evidence? call DJI tech support or ask ANYBODY that has a CS. Like I do, you will see they have ver 4.1.6

Apologies for having upset you, it obviously has been a misunderstanding and you have clarified the situation, as bad as it is (see my last post here above). Thank you for that!
2017-10-7
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-7 13:28
Apologies for having upset you, it obviously has been a misunderstanding and you have clarified the situation, as bad as it is (see my last post here above). Thank you for that!

No problem, total misunderstanding. I have not tried to transfer it from my android phone to CS. The CS does not have "play store" The CS has 2 apps. DJI create and DJI Go4. You can not add third party apps to the CS. When you power on and connect to WiFi  it checks for updates. Don't get me wrong. I love the CS! I am just waiting for DJI  to have the CS catch up with everyone else. I am surprised as you are.
And thank you for helping me with the OTG problem I am having. I did order the cable you suggested.
2017-10-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-7 13:43
No problem, total misunderstanding. I have not tried to transfer it from my android phone to CS. The CS does not have "play store" The CS has 2 apps. DJI create and DJI Go4. You can not add third party apps to the CS. When you power on and connect to WiFi  it checks for updates. Don't get me wrong. I love the CS! I am just waiting for DJI  to have the CS catch up with everyone else. I am surprised as you are.
And thank you for helping me with the OTG problem I am having. I did order the cable you suggested.

Now I am glad that all is well again! Does the Android on CS have a file viewer? It should I would expect. If yes, you could download the latest App Version from the DJI website (unfortunately there it is still 4.1.9, but still better than *.6), transfer it on the SD of the CS and try to install it with double click. Who knows, it might work? At least worth a try...
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

OneMatt Posted at 2017-10-5 14:26
Elektra, DJI literally says to connect Crystal sky to Spark by OTG.

Crystal sky Mavic and Spark Mount

As always, we do not suggest  to use OTG for now as the function has not been fully tested. We will release on our website as soon as more news is available. Appreciate your attention.
2017-10-9
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Good grief.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-7 05:49
Dear Diana, could you please convey our strong wish for this feature to be implemented? It would be nice to be able to install e.g. a screen recorder.

I understand your situation. The request has been forwarded to our engineers for further consideration.
2017-10-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-9 01:38
I understand your situation. The request has been forwarded to our engineers for further consideration.

Thank you very much indeed Susan!
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans0c10c3ea Posted at 2017-10-5 12:18

I have no idea about the date of update but I can forward your requirement to our engineers. Thanks for your patience.
2017-10-11
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Why is go 4 app for crystal sky still at version 4 1 6  ?
2017-10-13
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Any news on CS go 4 app update to version 4.10?
2017-10-13
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

About CS connection to Spark RC. So do i take it right, thinking that USB to USB-C cable built in  to Mavic/Spark RC mounting bracket is not used at all and USB part of cable even can be cutted off, if i do not have Mavic and instead a have to use OTG micro USB to micro USB cable?
2017-10-13
Use props
TrevorL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The only cable I have got to work with CS to Spark RC is usb C to micro. The micro usb and usb ports on my CS don't seem to connect to the Spark RC,
2017-10-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules