Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Radio Frequency Conflicts?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I am flying a DJI Inspire 2 UAV and have been enjoying the capability of feeding video to a 29" field monitor using the wired HDMI out from its remote controller. I recently purchased a Vaxis 1000ft wireless video transmission system, which would free me from the physical tether between the radio controller and the field monitor.  

The radio controller switches between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz transmission, depending on environmental factors, but can be manually set to either. The drone, according to DJI, is controllable to a maximum distance of about 2 1/2 miles - much farther away than I could legally fly it since that is beyond visual range from the operator. The Vaxis system operates between 5.1GHz and 5.9GHz on 10 user-switchable channels.

HERE'S MY QUESTION:
Since the Vaxis system and the DJI remote controller, in theory, could overlap in the 5GHz range DOES THAT RULE OUT USING THE 5 GHz FREQUENCY RANGE TO CONTROL THE DRONE WHILE USING THIS SET-UP FOR A WIRELESS TRANSMISSION FEED?

Is anyone else out there doing this?

2017-9-27
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Based on the I2 spec shown here, your i2 uses 5.725-5.850 GHz and 2.400-2.483 GHz.
So your Vaxis shold be configurable at the lower end of its frequencies and work just fine.

Try it in a highly controlled environment and let us know how it works!
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

In theory, the radio works in 2.4G and 5.8G, more specifically,  5.725-5.850 GHz and 2.400-2.483 GHz, please avoid switching into these channels with your Vaxis system, the radio frequency will hardly be interrupted.
But we don't do much test regarding this with third party device, please be cautious during flight and try to fly in open area in case the radio gets interrupted by other buildings or devices.
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules