Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affec...
2977 34 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been beatng my head against my controller for a few weeks now. This is getting really silly. When I first got this Mavic it was beautiful.. 2 Firmware updates and 2 Apple DJI Go 4 updates later and this thing SUCKS. Choppy video feed, error message.. WOW! iPad is on the verge of overheating no matter what "tweaks" and settings are applied.

start rant
I call DJI support and I get some idiot telling me that the iPad mini 2 is not supported... I checked him a new one and called him out on it. really? is this for real?!?!?
He then said he would send me an email with more info... guess what never came? (In the future I will get a name perhaps and ask for a manager?) Does DJI support really suck this bad? Please someone from support redeem yourselves before I sell this Mavic and get another brand Drone to do my work with.Push out an update that updates this software back to the old version... you can keep the "features" you added; we just want a stable WORKING app.
end rant

2017-9-27
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

I have the same issues, owned this thing since its first release all was perfect now it sucks.

Dji could care less about our problems.

They sell their crap product before its even available to sell

Tech support is like the biggest joke on the face of this earth.

Mods. on these pages have been left with the responsibility to continuously copy and paste the same response to us, best one yet, don't let direct sunlight hit your device, these clowns are pathetic at best.

Ipad mini 2 not compatible ........Thats a good one too LOL

Have fun with your $ 1,000.00 paperweight  
2017-9-27
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Can't help you unless we know what devices you are using and what version of FW, GO, and OS you are on
2017-9-27
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

I was hoping it was a passing thing, but here lately, I've been getting same issue every flight. CPU loaded messages after about 20 minutes, choppy live feed, and several camera/gimbal resets. turned off video caching, no change. Getting frustrating, and scary. Flying over a canyon about 1/2 mile away today, clear signal, and suddenly got CPU message and really choppy live feed. Had to cross my fingers and come home quick. I have been flying since January and this did not happen before sometime in June, when i first saw it happen, fw .006 or .007 maybe, not sure. New (in January) iPad Mini2, 32GB, iOS11, all DJI firmware and Go 4 app on very latest versions. This iPad is on the approved list, or at least it was when i bought it. Lately, this is happening far too often. Please help...
2017-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-9-27 16:53
I was hoping it was a passing thing, but here lately, I've been getting same issue every flight. CPU loaded messages after about 20 minutes, choppy live feed, and several camera/gimbal resets. turned off video caching, no change. Getting frustrating, and scary. Flying over a canyon about 1/2 mile away today, clear signal, and suddenly got CPU message and really choppy live feed. Had to cross my fingers and come home quick. I have been flying since January and this did not happen before sometime in June, when i first saw it happen, fw .006 or .007 maybe, not sure. New (in January) iPad Mini2, 32GB, iOS11, all DJI firmware and Go 4 app on very latest versions. This iPad is on the approved list, or at least it was when i bought it. Lately, this is happening far too often. Please help...

yea its the app itself, it does it on much faster devices too..  iPad pros and even iPhone 8's, just much less of a degree..

dji really needs to revamp it, re-add the toggle for hardware decoder again, because it appears its broken.. i know on my S8 it is using software decoder because using a overlay the CPU gets loaded way up and GPU barely gets touched, causes it to get hot, and more and more latent...i actually have to force GPU to render 2D in developer menu, but that negatively impacts stability on my S8..ios dji go 4 11 acts very similar to software decoding on my S8..
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The iPad mini 2 is on the support list, it could be compatible with DJI GO 4. The DJI GO 4 app will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU, when CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get heat. We suggest that users use a monitor hood or avoid the direct sunlight to the mobile screen.
And I am so sorry for the unpleasant customer experience, could you please PM me your phone number when you called our support? And provide me with your email address you left on the support. I will forward to the designated department to improve our service. Feel regretful again.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Update: our engineers are working on the CPU Overload popping up issue that happened on iPad mini, and will have it optimized in the coming version. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-27
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-27 22:53
Update: our engineers are working on the CPU Overload popping up issue that happened on iPad mini, and will have it optimized in the coming version. Appreciate your patience.

That's good news. I hope they get it fixed pretty quick. I was thinking about shopping for a faster device, but thanks to the Beer man and Thor acknowledging there is a problem with the Go 4 app, i will wait until the next update.
Has this been reported happening for people using something other than DJI G0 4? Wondering if I should try some 3rd party app in the meantime. This is not a preferred option, but I am really afraid that when this happens, it could cause more than just choppy live feed and camera resets.
BTW: i do have the small monitor hood but it really doesn't help a lot. I always have to find shade because i cannot see the screen at all in direct sunlight on my iPads/iPhones.
2017-9-28
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Locoman Posted at 2017-9-27 12:59
Can't help you unless we know what devices you are using and what version of FW, GO, and OS you are on

Mavic forums... assume I am talking about the Mavic.
I also speak of several updates... assume the latest as of the date on the post. *derp*

Really, no need to reply honestly since you have nothing valuable to add and are not on the IQ level to figure that out. Are you by chance DJI support?!?!?!
2017-9-28
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-27 22:53

Fantastic news! I have done everything to get this working right again... Thanks for confirming that it is being worked on.

IOS version 10.3.3 , 11.0.0 and 11.0.1 / Apple Ipad Mini 2 - All versions reset to factory "as a new device" and tested. Fresh (latest) FW loads to the latest version on both RC and AC, GO App also the latest version at the time of this post. Outside temps... 80's - upper 90's at times. ` Sun shade on the ipad used and also stood in the shade for most of the testing. I also tested with an iPad Air 2 and a iPad 5th gen... all did the same thing but the iPad mini2 did it much faster (due to it's size perhaps).

I can say for a fact that if you update to IOS 11.0.1 and uninstall the DJI GO 4 app it will not work or connect to the controller on an iPad Mini 2. (not supported) I had to downgrade to 10.3.3 to get it working again.  I also only have the GO app installed. on the ipads... nothing else from a factory reset.
2017-9-28
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-9-27 16:53

I suggest downgrading to ios 10.3.3 while Apple still has the ipsw signed. hurry!
Also "refresh" your AC and RC using DJI Assitant 2 and reset to factory on all devices.
ipsw.me has the signed ios image and lots of info on how to downgrade if you have never done it.
2017-9-28
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-9-28 06:28
I suggest downgrading to ios 10.3.3 while Apple still has the ipsw signed. hurry!
Also "refresh" your AC and RC using DJI Assitant 2 and reset to factory on all devices.
ipsw.me has the signed ios image and lots of info on how to downgrade if you have never done it.

So is this an IOS thing, or GO 4 app thing? Guessing some of both. Will downgrading help the CPU overload issue? Seems like this was happening before I went to 11...

Thanks for your input Bob. Very helpful...
2017-9-28
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-9-28 06:40
So is this an IOS thing, or GO 4 app thing? Guessing some of both. Will downgrading help the CPU overload issue? Seems like this was happening before I went to 11...

Thanks for your input Bob. Very helpful...

I tested in 50 - 55 degree weather today / partly sunny and I had no issues today at all. Yesterday I did a full downgrade to 10.3.3 from 11.0.1 and refreshed the firmware on the RC and AC using the Assistant 2 app. ~ issue did not exist. today at all... recorded the flight the entire time; smooth video stream to the RC.

My thoughts are that the GO app needs optimizing to use less of the Apple device's cpu and more of the gpu if it has one since an Apple device will lower the cpu to keep the temps lowered; this in turn affects GO application performance.
2017-9-28
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-9-28 15:38
I tested in 50 - 55 degree weather today / partly sunny and I had no issues today at all. Yesterday I did a full downgrade to 10.3.3 from 11.0.1 and refreshed the firmware on the RC and AC using the Assistant 2 app. ~ issue did not exist. today at all... recorded the flight the entire time; smooth video stream to the RC.

My thoughts are that the GO app needs optimizing to use less of the Apple device's cpu and more of the gpu if it has one since an Apple device will lower the cpu to keep the temps lowered; this in turn affects GO application performance.

Ditto. You are right on about the IOS being the culprit. I restored my iPad mini2 back to IOS 10.3.3, reloaded Go 4 and flew through all 3 batteries, about 55 minutes without issue. Everything ran smoothly and the iPad did not get hot. It was like i had my old (8 months) Mavic back. Roughly the same ambient temp as yesterday (high 80's F, bright sun) when i had the problem on IOS 11.  I did not refresh the firmware. I think something in the IOS changed that doesn't play nice with some of the Go 4 code. I have a dedicated iPad so no problem going back. Just glad to have some confidence back...
2017-9-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-9-28 16:36
Ditto. You are right on about the IOS being the culprit. I restored my iPad mini2 back to IOS 10.3.3, reloaded Go 4 and flew through all 3 batteries, about 55 minutes without issue. Everything ran smoothly and the iPad did not get hot. It was like i had my old (8 months) Mavic back. Roughly the same ambient temp as yesterday (high 80's F, bright sun) when i had the problem on IOS 11.  I did not refresh the firmware. I think something in the IOS changed that doesn't play nice with some of the Go 4 code. I have a dedicated iPad so no problem going back. Just glad to have some confidence back...

i bet iOS 11 changes something with how hardware acceleration works. few apps since updated and now works alot better!  so hopefully dji addresses this asap..
2017-9-28
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-9-28 19:31
i bet iOS 11 changes something with how hardware acceleration works. few apps since updated and now works alot better!  so hopefully dji addresses this asap..

I see a DJI GO 4 update (4.1.12) this AM on my iPad... does not list any optimizations.
I am going to hold off on the update for now... DJI has already burned me on updates within my first month of ownership. I have learned that I do not have to have the latest nor do I have to go first.

Note: If DJI specifically mentioned an optimization related to this issue I would gladly upgrade; appears that it is common for DJI to not mention what was fixed in their apps as this would admit there was a problem to begin with. I'll hold off for now since the weather is below 80 this week. (maybe next week)
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HyLenz Posted at 2017-9-28 04:32
That's good news. I hope they get it fixed pretty quick. I was thinking about shopping for a faster device, but thanks to the Beer man and Thor acknowledging there is a problem with the Go 4 app, i will wait until the next update.
Has this been reported happening for people using something other than DJI G0 4? Wondering if I should try some 3rd party app in the meantime. This is not a preferred option, but I am really afraid that when this happens, it could cause more than just choppy live feed and camera resets.
BTW: i do have the small monitor hood but it really doesn't help a lot. I always have to find shade because i cannot see the screen at all in direct sunlight on my iPads/iPhones.

I don't suggest using a third party app coz if something unexpected happened, we are not able to access and evaluate the data on the third party app. If you need a ultra-bright screen, I think Crystalsky might be a choice for considerating. http://www.dji.com/crystalsky?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-9-29
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-9-28 16:36

Yeah I was waiting to test in the 80's next week... still in the low 70's here this weekend. (N Indiana)
So glad it is working for you now in the 80's... that is great news! Been weeks since I could fly my Mavic and actually have fun and not worry about losing contact / video and having it drop from the sky.
2017-9-29
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-9-28 06:00
Mavic forums... assume I am talking about the Mavic.
I also speak of several updates... assume the latest as of the date on the post. *derp*

You will never know.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-9-28 06:15
Fantastic news! I have done everything to get this working right again... Thanks for confirming that it is being worked on.

IOS version 10.3.3 , 11.0.0 and 11.0.1 / Apple Ipad Mini 2 - All versions reset to factory "as a new device" and tested. Fresh (latest) FW loads to the latest version on both RC and AC, GO App also the latest version at the time of this post. Outside temps... 80's - upper 90's at times. ` Sun shade on the ipad used and also stood in the shade for most of the testing. I also tested with an iPad Air 2 and a iPad 5th gen... all did the same thing but the iPad mini2 did it much faster (due to it's size perhaps).

This is weird, when I just updated my device system to iOS 11, I could connect neither, but I regained the connection after reinstalling the app. Since you had downgraded the system, you can keep it or you can try to refresh the iOS 11 system again. And our engineers are also working on this case, hope it can be addressed soon.
2017-9-29
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well...good to know that I am not the only one that is having the same issues.  I was going to attempt to make a call today but after reading this post, I will wait for DJI to get this "fixed".  DJI-Thor, thanks for getting this moving with the right people to...HOPEFULLY...get it "fixed".  I don't seem to have any issues with any of the accual flights, so I'm not too worried, BUT, don't like the CPU popping up, choppy video, not making a connection at first start up (and I thought is was my cable..UGH!) and unplugging/plugging in my cable into the RC.
And yes I have all the latest firmware's on my Mavic & iPad mini 2.

It's kinda funny...I bought the mini 2 just for the Mavic and I ONLY have what apps that came with it and DJI GO4...and I was thinking, why am I getting this CPU thing popping up...I don't have any thing on my tablet...so weird.
2017-9-29
Use props
PhotoLogic-Sigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909078 ft
  • >>>
United States

Along with that "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" warning I get dropouts of image transmission. Kinda scary when you're up there and you can't see where you are, even if you have VLOS orientation can be challenging to rely on the aircraft heading in the GO 4 App. Best I had to do was RTH, restart everything and fly again.

Oh, and does "NEAR NFZ" do anything to the performance of the aircraft, or is it just a warning?

Thank You.
2017-9-30
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-29 03:02
This is weird, when I just updated my device system to iOS 11, I could connect neither, but I regained the connection after reinstalling the app. Since you had downgraded the system, you can keep it or you can try to refresh the iOS 11 system again. And our engineers are also working on this case, hope it can be addressed soon.

I flew yesterday with an Ipad Mini 4 on IOS 11.0.1 and app 4.1.12 in 35 C temperatures with no problem at all. I also have my screen set to full bright, not auto. Went through 3 batteries on the Mavic and 3 batteries on the P4Pro without any problems.
2017-9-30
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-30 20:21
I flew yesterday with an Ipad Mini 4 on IOS 11.0.1 and app 4.1.12 in 35 C temperatures with no problem at all. I also have my screen set to full bright, not auto. Went through 3 batteries on the Mavic and 3 batteries on the P4Pro without any problems.

Thanks for confirming it is fixed. This was not the case with 4.1.11 and iOS 11.0.1.
I have since updated to 4.1.12 but left iOS at 10.3.3; so far so good but the higher outside temps have been down in the 60's - 70's so have to wait for an 80's day to confirm.
2017-10-3
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Did you have any issues before you upgraded (It's not clear from what versions but anyhow)
2017-10-3
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

When i think about it, this issue seems to be more prevalent when flying on hot days, 90F+. Not sure why, in my testing at least, IOS 10.3.3 seems to handle it better. i have upgraded my iPad mini2 back to IOS 11.0.1 with all latest DJI app and firmware. I have made several successful flights since, but temps have been in the high 70's to low 80's F. 10 degrees F can make all they difference between a good day and a bad day... Congrats on your 35C success!
2017-10-3
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

HyLenz Posted at 2017-10-3 08:34
When i think about it, this issue seems to be more prevalent when flying on hot days, 90F+. Not sure why, in my testing at least, IOS 10.3.3 seems to handle it better. i have upgraded my iPad mini2 back to IOS 11.0.1 with all latest DJI app and firmware. I have made several successful flights since, but temps have been in the high 70's to low 80's F. 10 degrees F can make all they difference between a good day and a bad day... Congrats on your 35C success!

Well I have to take back what I said. The version of the DJI GO 4 app I was using was 4.1.11.
Today when I was flying with 4.1.12 it had been cooler for most of the morning with mostly cloud cover and I had no problems. However, the sun came out and it was getting up to about 30 degrees C and I noticed the display breaking up badly. I felt the Ipad and it was very warm to touch. This is the first time I have had this problem so it must be the latest app version.
2017-10-3
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Håkan K Posted at 2017-10-3 08:33
Did you have any issues before you upgraded (It's not clear from what versions but anyhow)

As I explained in another post, up to version 4.1.11 no issues. Version 4.1.12 caused problems.
2017-10-3
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-10-3 04:59
Thanks for confirming it is fixed. This was not the case with 4.1.11 and iOS 11.0.1.
I have since updated to 4.1.12 but left iOS at 10.3.3; so far so good but the higher outside temps have been down in the 60's - 70's so have to wait for an 80's day to confirm.

Sorry but it is not fixed. IOS 11.01 and GO 4 app 4.1.11 ok but 4.1.12 has problems. See my other posts.
2017-10-3
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

FYI: I flew on IOS 11.0.2 iPad Mini 2 with all the latest DJI app and firmware. Yes, Apple did release IOS 11.0.2 a couple days ago, supposed to fix some iPhone 8 issues. I had a "not connected" problem initially on the iPad while the RC said "connected", but power cycled the RC and all was fixed. It was a relatively cool afternoon (low 80'sF) and i did not fly long. I did not have any issues or warnings. I will test fly through all 3 batteries this weekend...
2017-10-4
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you downgrade to 10.3.3 you should have better luck with apps. Apple dropped the ball and now app devs are scrambling to fix issues. Just revert as iOS 11 is too new for "stable" operations.
2017-10-4
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-10-4 11:59
If you downgrade to 10.3.3 you should have better luck with apps. Apple dropped the ball and now app devs are scrambling to fix issues. Just revert as iOS 11 is too new for "stable" operations.

yep, i was on 10.3.3 last week and it seemed to handle the CPU/heating problem better. This week I went back to 11.0.1/2 just to verify my findings...
Temp just dropped in S Georgia, not in the 90F range like last week. I suspect it will do good if it stays below 80F...
2017-10-4
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-10-4 11:59

Just an update. I flew quite a bit yesterday in similar temperatures that previously caused me problems but this time, I used a hood and had no issues at all. IOS 11.0.2 and DJI GO 4 app 4.1.12.
2017-10-8
Use props
CaptainFantastic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48868 ft

Didn't used my mavic for some moths.. last week i flew in the mountains with -20degrees and got the message so i have a hard time believing it's a heat thing.
also only about 1frame per second on my video feed. this is very annoying since i can't fly safe like this -_-
NEVER had this problem before. Iphone6 btw.
2018-3-25
Use props
CaptainFantastic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48868 ft

Didn't used my mavic for some moths.. last week i flew in the mountains with -20degrees and got the message so i have a hard time believing it's a heat thing.
also only about 1frame per second on my video feed. this is very annoying since i can't fly safe like this -_-
NEVER had this problem before. Iphone6 btw.
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules