4798 47 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Jose Ramos Posted at 2017-9-28 10:38
Yes, I think it's best to end your discussion, so that we can focus on my issue. ;-) I managed to return my Spark home manually, and yet I still think there's a high possibility that something went wrong which is not related with environmental issues or pilot error. I think it's important to understand that people get a bit dissatisfied, when they spend 800USD on a drone which is advertised as being almost fool proof, and then the whole experience becomes a constant source of stress.

Many people here complained about the Sparks falling from the sky, and a misterious mandatory upgrade was most probably related with that, when there were so many users saying it was user error. It's true that most Spark users that resort to this forum are probably doing it because they had a problem with their AC, but it's very important to take into consideration that the number of complaints here about a specific issue is much LESS than the actual number of complaints. Most people with errors like these will sent a support ticket, call Dji, activate dji refresh, write on facebook or go to the store where they bought their drone. Forum culture has been quite abandoned because of social media, so I think we should pay a LOT of attention when there's a series of people here complaining about a similar serious problem with the Spark, during a specific chronological time, as it may be a solid sign of a more widespread problem.  

Well said,
The first step to solving this issue is acknowledging there is one... like the falling Sparks of before.
While we're at it, does DJI issue release notes to their firmware updates?

By the way, I love your country one of my favorite countries in the world! I wish I had the Spark when I was there 4 years ago...
2017-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

LouisP Posted at 2017-9-28 10:04
I think we are overlooking one more thing that seems to be common with many of these cases.  That cryptic error message that pops up on almost all of these " WorkingIMUenconteredexceptionerror" or something like that.  We are talking about what the spark should and should not do if it loses compass or GPS.. but that cryptic error message may be telling something more.  Could it be that the IMU navigation subroutines in the software are crashing for reasons other than loss of signal.   Loss of compass and GPS at the same time might be due to a critical part of the software crashing and taking down both systems at the same time.   Could be the computer is overloaded with work (think about the Apollo 11 landing computer :-) )   Again, if this is the case, it is something DJI must know about and should be working on a fix.  I would not be surprised to see another mandatory software upgrade pushed out in the future. At least I hope so.

Imu heading exception is a result of compass heading going in the opposite direction of RC commands you will see it pop up with almost every compass magnetic yaw problem or speed error , and it’s the same warning with all dji drones. Once AC goes to Atti mode or regains gps this will help recover Imu heading, it’s not a cryptic message and has been there as long as I’ve been flying dji drones.
2017-9-28
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

So i am in iceland now , i met a guy with in his hand a dji remote. So i asked , you have got the mavic or spark . In answered , the spark.
And guest what he said? He just has lost the spark 2 minutes ago. He said it really went crazy , compass error , atti mode ,all the usual stuff many sparkusers
have .It really cannot be a coincident that so many sparks crash. Last fw update apparently didnot help. So time to get things straight dji?
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jose Ramos Posted at 2017-9-28 03:55
Dear DJI, I'll PM you right now.

I've also uploaded the Flight Controller Log (from my iPad) to the original post - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By0XHzSAT15uTnJKT0tlWXZDU2s

Thanks for your support. I would forward it to our engineer to locate the problem.
2017-9-28
Use props
jamesduk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46923 ft
United Kingdom

The exact same thing happened to me when I took my drone to Bali this summer after having used it no problem in Hong Kong. The drone took off fine and then all the same errors appeared and I was unable to get the drone back. DJI analysed the records and gave me another drone, which was fantastic, but I'm reluctant to fly it anymore.
2017-9-28
Use props
Jose Ramos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 72825 ft
Portugal

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-9-28 11:19
Well said,
The first step to solving this issue is acknowledging there is one... like the falling Sparks of before.
While we're at it, does DJI issue release notes to their firmware updates?

DJI's release notes are not detailed at all. The exact specific reasons for the mandatory upgrade were never known.

Hope you return to Sunny Portugal soon! :-D
2017-9-29
Use props
Jose Ramos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 72825 ft
Portugal

Jose Ramos Posted at 2017-9-29 07:00
DJI's release notes are not detailed at all. The exact specific reasons for the mandatory upgrade were never known.

Just sent all the required data to DJI Support. Can't wait for their conclusions. Meanwhile I'll do some more flying in Portugal, to see if this problem appears again. I'm going on a Photo Trip to the Dolomites in November and I need my Spark to be properly working!
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jose Ramos Posted at 2017-9-29 07:00

The record showed that the compass of your drone was affected and the drone switched into ATTI mode. It may caused by the environment. To locate the problem, the black box data is needed. Please provide the data if you have the problem again. Thanks.
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules