Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
after firmware update, restart required. Restart what?
4255 15 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

After 20 tries and I get an update to take, it says restart required. Restart what?
After I restart the drone and the controller, the update is GONE. Then when I turn the controller back on the beeping starts again non stop.

How can I get an update to take and stay took?  Everything was great until I turned it on one day and the controller went nuts.

Thank you guys in advance for ANYTHING!!!
2017-9-27
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try relinking the controller.
2017-9-27
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

If you can make a video to show us will better, so we know what actually your issues then provide you the solutions.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

What's the firmware version of aircraft and controller? Please make sure the update is successful and the firmware are matched, and then linking RC.
2017-9-27
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-27 16:24
Try relinking the controller.

Did that and even did the manual  version holding all the buttons at the same tme. Still beeps
2017-9-28
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-9-27 17:30
If you can make a video to show us will better, so we know what actually your issues then provide you the solutions.

Will do. Thanks
2017-9-28
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-27 18:21
What's the firmware version of aircraft and controller? Please make sure the update is successful and the firmware are matched, and then linking RC.

I will get that info and nelsonlee says to make a video which I will do. Thank you.
2017-9-28
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

2017-9-28
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

I believe you power up the aircraft first then your RC. looks like you may of did it backwards.
2017-9-28
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

They both say 1.9.2
I don't know what happened, but at this point the controllers light went from red and beeping, to blue and not beeping. I have no idea why this happened, but now with the blue light on absolutely nothing works on the controller.
2017-9-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

Maritimer Posted at 2017-9-28 17:19
I believe you power up the aircraft first then your RC. looks like you may of did it backwards.

Actually everything I read says controller first, then the drone. But it doesn't matter as I have tried everything in every combination I could think of. But thanks.
2017-9-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-9-27 17:30

I posted a video to Susan, Administrator. But at this point it doesn't matter because the controller light went from red and beeping to blue and silent - and NOW nothing will do anything.

I always wondered how DJI could make a marvelous machine like the Phantom 3 and then make the software to run the machine so full of bugs and holes that it basically makes the drone and expensive paperweight. 10 years ago this drone would have been like Star Wars stuff, but now we have it and the company makes it so hard even Einstien would have a problem.

It would like making a Rolls Royce and then having the engine not function properly.

I think I will just go back to my old P3 Standard. At least the dang thing flew. Unlike my Advanced paperweight.
2017-9-29
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-29 05:51
very true a great bit off kit let down by various things

My P3P still flies like a dream but I wont be updating anything after reading lots of new firmware issues.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The latest firmware of aircraft is 1.11.20, RC firmware is 1.9.2. It seems that the firmware are not matched. Please refer the video and try to update again.

As for the beep, please try to touch the sticks and calibrate sticks to see whether it works.

2017-10-8
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-8 01:54
The latest firmware of aircraft is 1.11.20, RC firmware is 1.9.2. It seems that the firmware are not matched. Please refer the video and try to update again.

As for the beep, please try to touch the sticks and calibrate sticks to see whether it works.

Thank you Susan. I had a long session with an online DJI tech and we tried everything and nothing worked. So I sent the controller into the repair center.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2017-10-11 05:14
Thank you Susan. I had a long session with an online DJI tech and we tried everything and nothing worked. So I sent the controller into the repair center.

Could you tell me the case number? I'd like to look into the current status.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules