388350 388350 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IwneUft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510217 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very good offer now for the OSMO mobile for Black Friday, and I am really looking to get one.  But not sure if it works with the Note 8.  I have a Spigen Tough armour case.  Its really a hit or miss even without the case.  
2017-11-23
Use props
fanse9d8617e
New

Australia

How did this thread turn into,  helping an app issue? You are selling a 300 dollar Gimbal! Go test it with a note 8 and tell your potential customers if it works. What kind of whack service is this?
2017-11-24
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just ordered one black Friday special and have a Note 8. I added 4 small 1/4oz square wheel weights stuck on top of each other and used Velcro to each the two gimbal motors.. Worked like a charm. I dont care if it works without the wieghts, a gimbal needs to ballace in all directions with the power off or it will not work as it should. Blallace you rigs first people and you'll get better results.
2017-11-24
Use props
theGrunt
New
Flight distance : 14213 ft
Canada

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-11-24 07:55
I just ordered one yesterday blacknfriday special and have a note 8. I never saw this post until now. What me the consensus, should in return it? Or suggest setting so I can ise it.

Note 8 with Spigen Tough Armor, including 2 metal plates for attaching to magnetic vent mount.
As you can see, hangs to the left even with the arm extended to the max.

With counterweight composed of 3 coins stuck together with Blutack

Weight of the counterweight

It's pretty useless without a counterweight; am thinking of buying this
American Educational Brass Hooked Weight Set with Hanger, Metric

then use velcro for it.
IMG_20171125_0256567.jpg
IMG_20171125_0257174.jpg
IMG_20171125_0257434.jpg
2017-11-25
Use props
theGrunt
New
Canada

theGrunt Posted at 2017-11-25 02:06
Note 8 with Spigen Tough Armor, including 2 metal plates for attaching to magnetic vent mount.
As you can see, hangs to the left even with the arm extended to the max.
[view_image]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201711/25/020440a8rfi5egf43gffgy.jpg[/img]

sorry about the multiple pictures; was trying to edit the order of the pictures but the edit function didn't show the inline images and then I re-added the pictures... I hope the pics are self-explanatory.
2017-11-25
Use props
theGrunt
New
Canada

theGrunt Posted at 2017-11-25 02:11
sorry about the multiple pictures; was trying to edit the order of the pictures but the edit function didn't show the inline images and then I re-added the pictures... I hope the pics are self-explanatory.

2017-11-25
Use props
theGrunt
New
Canada

theGrunt Posted at 2017-11-25 02:16
YouTube video showing the coin hack

Another possibility.
100g counterweight
2017-11-25
Use props
g4_dji
New

United States

I am in the market for a D J I Osmo mobile, I am very confused if this product will work with my device (Galaxy Note 8). Has anyone tried the moment counter weight to help balance the larger phone?  By what I am reading people seem to have just okay luck using this product with the note 8. It seems as if the zhiyun works better with the note 8 / larger phones.  Any feedback will be appreciated.
2017-11-26
Use props
Julio_da_Silva
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19993 ft
Germany

Its frustrating to be forced to record with other apps and without active track to get 4k.

Please add the support for 4k with the Note 8!!!
2017-11-29
Use props
fans211f5a2c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25269 ft
Australia

I have this error when using my note 8: "Device error. Double tap the trigger to recover". I just bought my osmo mobile today and I believed that I have the latest app and firmware as I was asked to upgrade when I first run it.

The error keeps on appearing after few seconds. The osmo run out of balance then this error appears.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans211f5a2c Posted at 2017-11-30 00:11
I have this error when using my note 8: "Device error. Double tap the trigger to recover". I just bought my osmo mobile today and I believed that I have the latest app and firmware as I was asked to upgrade when I first run it.

The error keeps on appearing after few seconds. The osmo run out of balance then this error appears.

Hi, usually the message will pop up when you fails to balance the gimbal.
Please refer to the video below to mount mobile phone correctly. Thanks.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans211f5a2c Posted at 2017-11-30 00:11

Sorry that Note 8 cannot shoot 4K resolution video at the moment, we will feedback to our engineers to keep improving our products to make your experience with us better.
2017-11-30
Use props
fans211f5a2c
lvl.1
Australia

I'm having a device error. When using my note 8. It gets pretty hot also. Does this mean this is hopeless? I bought this one just for my note 8.
2017-11-30
Use props
fans211f5a2c
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-30 01:34
Hi, usually the message will pop up when you fails to balance the gimbal.
Please refer to the video below to mount mobile phone correctly. Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ipsK_nX6l8&list=PL65kukZorPdNSAeTPAwsxMlsLm8xUqQY6

Thank you so much!
2017-11-30
Use props
fans7a125695
New

United States

I keep getting this message about mounting my phone to the gimbal. Someone help.
2017-12-1
Use props
fanse9d8617e
New

Australia

Just tested it with the note 8 and worked fine. Can tell the motors are working a little harder than when I was using the s7 edge. But it didnt get hot.
2017-12-2
Use props
Kurogami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-1 23:24
Sir, so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our APP.
It is the APP issue, we are aware of this and are working on it, please check my post in 17#.

Hi Mindy,

I'm happy to say the latest update fixed the screen timed-out issue. However, there's still no 4k support in the app, 1080P is the highest choice. I would assume the code would be the same for Note 8 and S8/S8+ since the three phones share the same cameras. I was happy to record 4k videos using my S8+, but disappointed that I could only shoot 1080P with my Note 8. I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping there will be 4k support soon!
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kurogami Posted at 2017-12-4 11:06
Hi Mindy,

I'm happy to say the latest update fixed the screen timed-out issue. However, there's still no 4k support in the app, 1080P is the highest choice. I would assume the code would be the same for Note 8 and S8/S8+ since the three phones share the same cameras. I was happy to record 4k videos using my S8+, but disappointed that I could only shoot 1080P with my Note 8. I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping there will be 4k support soon!

Hello, Sir, sorry that there is no 4K resolution with Note 8 at the moment, we will keep improving our products to make it compatible with more devices.
Please use the native Camera APP in your phone for 4K shooting, Osmo Mobile could just be a stabilizer.
2017-12-5
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510217 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

theGrunt Posted at 2017-11-25 02:20
Another possibility.
100g counterweight

Hi, thanks for the pictures, ive got exactly the same Spigen case.  I cant be sticking coins to the gimbal.
2017-12-8
Use props
Donatien Mastro
New

France

bonjour j'ai un probleme avec mon dji osmo mobile, il n'est pas compatible avec mon telephone samsung note 8 probleme d'equilibrage comment faire pour que cela fonctionne
2017-12-12
Use props
Olyvan.bolo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 622835 ft
Martinique

Donatien Mastro Posted at 2017-12-12 03:27
bonjour j'ai un probleme avec mon dji osmo mobile, il n'est pas compatible avec mon telephone samsung note 8 probleme d'equilibrage comment faire pour que cela fonctionne

Bonjour,
D'après ce qui est écrit dans les posts plus haut, il faut essayer de le positionner sans protection en tirant au maximum le bras et si il ne reste pas aligné (Osmo éteint), il faut mettre un contrepoids comme les photos plus haut.
En attendant une potentielle mise à jour de DJI.

Cordialement,
2017-12-12
Use props
fans8c07386f
New
United States

I just purchased the osmo and I am using the note 8. Too bad you cannot find information until you dig in the forums. I would have purchased the cheaper knock off from whoever else. Pretty sure the plastic one from Zhiyun has way more features and actually works with other apps better than this one. I may just return this garbage and get the cheap alternative. It supports 360 and portrait mode. Does not have a couple features and it is plastic, but the fact that I cannot use 4K and the last update was months ago tells me lots about DJI. I own a mavic as well and it is great, but always lags behind in updates compared to ios devices. Spend less on marketing hype and more on development! The feel is great, the software sucks and the support is boiled down to - please wait for us to make stuff better. and then you do not make stuff better.

Come on DJI, you are huge and you can absolutely afford to develop way better apps and support. If not, how about adding an app that allows you to map the functions to default android triggers? Or how about merging the apps so that I do not have 2 different ones for my devices? get a handle on your code and merge everything. no way it will get better with time, only messier. Look at microsoft, they have insane amounts of code going all over the place and it took until the past few years for them to do the massive overhaul that they are attempting now.

2017-12-20
Use props
Kurogami
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-5 23:40
Hello, Sir, sorry that there is no 4K resolution with Note 8 at the moment, we will keep improving our products to make it compatible with more devices.
Please use the native Camera APP in your phone for 4K shooting, Osmo Mobile could just be a stabilizer.

Hi Mindy,
I would disagree OSMO is just a stabilizer. Doesn't DJI pride itself for the innovative software like active track? I'm sorry but by you calling OSMO is just a stabilizer is degrading your company's image. I don't know how hard is it to write the code for app to support the SAME camera on Note 8 and S8. But smartphone is a fast growing market, if your software can't keep up, then you will lose a lot of customers.
2017-12-28
Use props
Kurogami
lvl.1
United States

fans8c07386f Posted at 2017-12-20 05:15
I just purchased the osmo and I am using the note 8. Too bad you cannot find information until you dig in the forums. I would have purchased the cheaper knock off from whoever else. Pretty sure the plastic one from Zhiyun has way more features and actually works with other apps better than this one. I may just return this garbage and get the cheap alternative. It supports 360 and portrait mode. Does not have a couple features and it is plastic, but the fact that I cannot use 4K and the last update was months ago tells me lots about DJI. I own a mavic as well and it is great, but always lags behind in updates compared to ios devices. Spend less on marketing hype and more on development! The feel is great, the software sucks and the support is boiled down to - please wait for us to make stuff better. and then you do not make stuff better.

Come on DJI, you are huge and you can absolutely afford to develop way better apps and support. If not, how about adding an app that allows you to map the functions to default android triggers? Or how about merging the apps so that I do not have 2 different ones for my devices? get a handle on your code and merge everything. no way it will get better with time, only messier. Look at microsoft, they have insane amounts of code going all over the place and it took until the past few years for them to do the massive overhaul that they are attempting now.

I have the same feeling when I discover their lack of support for Note 8. I should've just got aZhiyun
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kurogami Posted at 2017-12-28 10:04
Hi Mindy,
I would disagree OSMO is just a stabilizer. Doesn't DJI pride itself for the innovative software like active track? I'm sorry but by you calling OSMO is just a stabilizer is degrading your company's image. I don't know how hard is it to write the code for app to support the SAME camera on Note 8 and S8. But smartphone is a fast growing market, if your software can't keep up, then you will lose a lot of customers.

Hi Kurogami, what I mean is Osmo Mobile COULD be a stabilizer, not it is just a stabilizer, actually, this function is called HID.
Customers can use the native APP to take pictures and videos, the button in the grip can be used to control the volume buttons in your phone to take shots further.
You are right that smartphone is a fast growing market and more and more phones keep releasing, we are sorry for the lack of function in some phones but our engineers are also working on updating our compatible list to keep improving the products to make customers have a better experience.
Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-12-28
Use props
fans07509e3c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101978 ft
France

Still no 4k resolution on note8 with osmo mobile no update from dji ! Bad !
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans07509e3c Posted at 2018-1-6 01:22
Still no 4k resolution on note8 with osmo mobile no update from dji ! Bad !

Not yet, we apologize for this, please refer to my post in 65# to try the HID function for 4K resolution. Thank you for understanding.
2018-1-6
Use props
jmboiaxe
lvl.1
Australia

Hello guys,
Need help, I can't connect to facebook live and youtube livestream with my note 8 using the dji go app. Does anyone have the same problem as mine? Please help.
2018-1-7
Use props
Kurogami
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-28 23:00
Hi Kurogami, what I mean is Osmo Mobile COULD be a stabilizer, not it is just a stabilizer, actually, this function is called HID.
Customers can use the native APP to take pictures and videos, the button in the grip can be used to control the volume buttons in your phone to take shots further.
You are right that smartphone is a fast growing market and more and more phones keep releasing, we are sorry for the lack of function in some phones but our engineers are also working on updating our compatible list to keep improving the products to make customers have a better experience.

Hi Mindy,
I guess I'm just frustrated that I can't use the software like it's intended for (loved it when I used it with S8+)... and I just saw review on OSMO mobile 2, and the reviewer was using iPhoneX... makes me feel like DJI doesn't really take care of the Android users compared to Apple. Makes me think twice keeping OSMO mobile when Samsung S9 comes out and it's still not supporting 4k shooting.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kurogami Posted at 2018-1-9 14:14
Hi Mindy,
I guess I'm just frustrated that I can't use the software like it's intended for (loved it when I used it with S8+)... and I just saw review on OSMO mobile 2, and the reviewer was using iPhoneX... makes me feel like DJI doesn't really take care of the Android users compared to Apple. Makes me think twice keeping OSMO mobile when Samsung S9 comes out and it's still not supporting 4k shooting.

Hi Kurogami, I fully understand your frustration, we will never give up Android users, the reviewer just takes iPhone as an example. And for Osmo Mobile 1 generation, we will not give it up either, we will keep improving to make it more optimized.
Thanks for your support to DJI product.
2018-1-10
Use props
fans769c4dc4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1404029 ft
France

you really should add the galaxy note 8 is a very sold device
2018-1-13
Use props
fans769c4dc4
lvl.1
France

2018-1-13
Use props
fans769c4dc4
lvl.1
France

2018-1-13
Use props
Edu Gueds
New

Brazil

theGrunt Posted at 2017-11-25 02:20
Another possibility.
100g counterweight

How do i know ir I need a 100g or 50g?
2018-1-16
Use props
Edu Gueds
New

Brazil

I bought this dji osmo mobile and the app really sucks. There's all that problems the people are complaining plus mine the timelapse function is not working. When I try to use native camera app the shoot button on gimbal activate zoom in, or does not work at all.
Fix this
I paid a lot for this and brang to brazil. I cannot even return it. I should have bought the Chinese version
2018-1-16
Use props
Edu Gueds
New

Brazil

I'm on note 8. Where should I look for the latest version of the app when it comes out? (I'm already using the latest though...)
2018-1-16
Use props
Kurogami
lvl.1
United States

fans07509e3c Posted at 2017-11-23 02:38
New update of dji go 3.1.23 and still no 4k resolution for samsung galaxy note 8

thanks for the heads up, i wasn't holding my breath when i saw the update notes, it mentioned nothing in regards to Note 8, i think the update is mostly related to Mobile 2... until they fix it, my OSMO mobile will be sitting in the bag it came with and waiting to be resell... i can look past the 4k recording, but i can't even use any of the features the app promises... i laughed when Mindy said there are a lot of Android phones, they can't promise to be compatible to all... Note 8 is only the most popular Samsung phone to date... again, their engineering dept continues to let its customers down... nothing against Mindy, she's just the messenger...
2018-1-26
Use props
fans943b0105

Singapore

Yes, newest update with 4k supported for note 8
2018-1-28
Use props
senatorkelley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450525 ft
United States

FYI
For those waiting for the S9 Note. Be careful. There's a good chance it might be overweight for the gimbal. Someone posted about their gopro weighing 210 grams (https://forum.dji.com/thread-109197-1-1.html) and the admin here said its too heavy.

Here's some basic observations about the weight trends of Samsung phones
the S8 plus 173 grams
Note 8 is 195 grams

S9+ is 189 grams
so that means the S9 Note might be over 200grams
2018-3-9
Use props
SOHA
New
Vietnam

Lol, I found out that my Osmo can't hold my Note 8 when I tried to hold it straight or put the gimbal into the desk stand with phone attached in it.  It's automatic stand by in turn off position. But when I hold Osmo by hand with <90 degree to the front, it works magically.
Decided to invest more 30 bucks on counterweight from Amazon. lol, DJI should think about this issue from the beginning.
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules