1127 19 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

This is a msg for DJI
Guys there is obviously an issue with the latest firmware this you cannot deny as so many of us have had issues after your latest update.
this issue needs to be adressed imeadeatly as many of us are using your product to either earn an income or to help save peoples lives this is a serious issue and needs to be addressed.
ive read many of the complaints and concerns within this forum and can easily see that there is an obvious problem with your latest firmware upgrade this appears to me to be not just a simple issue but also a safety issue what is going to happen if one of your drones falls out of the sky and injures someone and that it is proven that your latest firmware update is the cause of the fault.
i dont expect a reply from DJI on this thread but would be nice if you could at least let us know what is going on............. ARE OUR DRONES SAFE TO FLY ?
For those that are effected by any firmware issues please feel free to add to this post to let DJI know that they do have a serious issue on there hands and that they need to address these issues.
2017-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What are your problems do you have any video or logs you could put up. I realize for some there are still some problems but might help if we had a bit more info on exact problems.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

First of all, please let me know what happened with your drone so I can help to check. Thank you.
2017-9-28
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

my personal problems with my drone have forced me to send the drone to dji for repair as the drone became unflyable i have experienced multiple failures on many of the syatems including but not limited to the following.
1.  gimbal failure including overload
2. imu status failures not recognising that gyro or acelerometer even exist
3. not reading battery status on any cells or any batteries have tried 3 brand new batteries.
4. gimbal irratic behaviour and unresponsive.
5. error status msg gimbal cannot connect to mc

these are just a few of the faults i have had forcing me to send in my drone for repair.
yes i do have video evidence of some of these faults and have posted those on other threads.
Screenshot_20170924-080718.jpg
2017-9-28
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

that is just one of many errors i have recieved.
as mentioned before i have already sent drone in for repair and im hoping it comes back with these issues resolved.
my purpose of this thread  is give DJI a chance to reasure us that you guys are working on this problem that not only myself but many of us are having.
2017-9-28
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

in this video you can see the behaviour of the gimbal
2017-9-28
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

that is just one of the things the gimbal does usually it behaves very erratically and cannot be used at all making the drone useless
2017-9-28
Use props
userd1a7e83841
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137175 ft
Philippines

hello.. i have problem also after updating the firmware..my drone remote status indicator in the screen says that the signal is weak even though the drone is 15meters away from me.
What will be the solution of this problem
Screenshot_20170923-064422.png
Screenshot_20170923-071218.png
2017-9-28
Use props
userd1a7e83841
lvl.1
Philippines

here is my drone phantom 3 advanced.. at about 20meters after updating firmware says that the remote signal is weak.
Screenshot_20170928-205145.png
Screenshot_20170923-064422.png
2017-9-28
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

userd1a7e83841 Posted at 2017-9-28 05:05
here is my drone phantom 3 advanced.. at about 20meters after updating firmware says that the remote signal is weak.

Have you tried upgrading firmware on the rc as well then relink the remote to the drone that may help
2017-9-28
Use props
userd1a7e83841
lvl.1
Philippines

yes i did already all the calibrations and the re linking of remote and aircraft.but the result is the same. weak signal status at about 20meters.
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

It really is unbelievable that you get asked what you problem is and what has happened with your drone, i think second line say it all, it got struck by a firmware release some months ago, right?

I think i don't need to add more, apparently i have already explained so well that even a little humorous input make mod's u.... boiling.

ot

ot
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-9-28 04:24
that is just one of the things the gimbal does usually it behaves very erratically and cannot be used at all making the drone useless

Sorry for the difficulties that you'd been experiencing. Since you had sent the drone back, we will take good care for you and will also pay attention to these issues. Thanks for your feedback. Let me know if there is any other need.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

userd1a7e83841 Posted at 2017-9-28 05:05

There is a + symbol after the RC version, if you haven't applied for a special firmware before, this is not a proper status of the RC version should be. And it could be the reason you got RC signal weak. Please try to upgrade the RC's firmware again.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-9-28 06:04
It really is unbelievable that you get asked what you problem is and what has happened with your drone, i think second line say it all, it got struck by a firmware release some months ago, right?

I think i don't need to add more, apparently i have already explained so well that even a little humorous input make mod's u.... boiling.

Please don't break the rules. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid623180
2017-9-29
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Eventually they will bring an update out when they release the obisand or what ever that new all black drone is released
2017-9-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

userd1a7e83841 Posted at 2017-9-28 05:44
yes i did already all the calibrations and the re linking of remote and aircraft.but the result is the same. weak signal status at about 20meters.

Ok im just thinking that you may have signal interference in that location does it do the same thing in a more remote area
2017-9-29
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

WELL PUT!! DJI WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THESES ISSUES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
2017-9-29
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-9-29
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

I had most of the same issues with my p4 pro sent the drone back to DJI for repair under the DJI care refresh plan, they offered to replace the drone for 149.00 and I informed them the drone had never crashed and it should be replaced for free,DJI agreed and I should get the replacement drone today and will test it out as soon as tomorrow.

The problem first started with the drone in a remote area with GPS green within line of site of the drone it would go into atti mode and drift with the wind.
Next flight I had the warning that you can only fly a certain distance and height, which in fact would keep me within those restrictions had to land and restart the drone to get it to
work properly. On several flights I would press return to home and the drone would start to return to home then all of a sudden cancel the RTH this happen many times.
At times the drone mapping would quick working in flight I could see the drone was flying forward because the video was working but it would freeze the information at a certain distance
even though the aircraft was moving forward.
The final straw that made me return the drone was the gimbal no longer worked everything would be level then all of a sudden it would jerk around going in all directions, this made the
video unacceptable so I returned the drone for repair or replacement.
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules