Video Editing for a dummy
1330 16 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I have never edited a video in my life.......... Unless setting recordings on a DVR count? Didn't think so........

Anybody have a good program I can learn on? Free hopefully? Don't mind paying but don't want to pay for something too complicated and not use it. Thanks everybody, and I hope everybody is enjoying the heck out of their drones. I know I love my Mavic Pro!
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe this post is a good starter:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-110283-1-1.html
2017-9-28
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-28 03:59
Maybe this post is a good starter:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-110283-1-1.html

Thank you for the link ... I am a total newb to video editing and need all the help I can get.
2017-9-28
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly, the editing tools on the DJI Go4 App is pretty simple, good to start and user-friendly. Give it a shot.
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-28 05:51
Honestly, the editing tools on the DJI Go4 App is pretty simple, good to start and user-friendly. Give it a shot.

As far as I know this only edits in low resolution.
I can't confirm that since I don't own a DJI product yet. (still saving money)
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-28 05:49
Thank you for the link ... I am a total newb to video editing and need all the help I can get.

My advice (I think you have the same approach): start simple.
You can always upgrade to more options
2017-9-28
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-28 06:01

Makes sense; though a good starter kit.
2017-9-28
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-28 06:01

You are completely right and the final result is terrible.
2017-9-28
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

I was just like you. But then I decided to take the plunge and learn how to do it. I was very surprised about how easy it was to learn how to use programs like Adobe Premiere Pro. I downloaded the trial version and when I first started it up, I was completely baffled. But then I found a whole series of YouTube videos that explained very clearly and simply how to do various things. I think the very best part of the interwebs is that there are so many people who take the time to produce these videos and the even better part is that they explain things in simple terms. They don't use all the technical jargon that the software makers use, they keep it simple. Click here, click there, do this, do that, one step at a time. These private videos by ordinary users are often way better than the makers help sections.

I suggest you choose one of the better known free programs, then before you download it and get frustrated, search YouTube for videos about that program. Then you can see if the tips and tricks and methods for using that program are good for you. And then maybe like me, you'll get hooked on producing your own stuff and then decide to pay for a better one.

I flew the other day and forgot to set the white balance properly. It was like flying into a snow storm. I watched some tube videos about colour correction in Premiere and was able to salvage some decent footage. It was actually very simple to do.

Just give it a go.
2017-9-28
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

The easiest yet powerful video editing software of the 2nd class is Corel VideoStudio. Try it free for 30 days before asking you to pay.
2017-9-28
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Thanks everybody! I appreciate the advice. I might fork out the money for Adobe as I hope to be doing this for a long time.
2017-9-30
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hitfilm Express is pretty easy, and as a bonus free.  From there you can decide what program to use.  Lots of videos on youtube to learn how to use it.  https://hitfilm.com/express. Both Mac and Windows.
2017-9-30
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Final Cut Pro also has a free 30 day trial so another one to give a shot for making the purchase.
2017-9-30
Use props
Baltic Sea Pilo
lvl.2
Germany

I am using a Magix (in the US it is called Movie edit pro), since I compose and arrange my own music with Magix Music Maker. They work well together. For personal use I see no need for a program on a subsription base, unless you grow your money on trees :-)
2017-9-30
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Do you use a Mac or a PC?
2017-9-30
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

I use a PC and Goole pixle
2017-10-1
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Check Davinci Resolve 14, it's free. Then go to youtube and look for Davinci Resolve 14 crash course.
Set your MP to d-log and +1 -2 -2 for style.
Record video and open in Davinci Resolve 14. edit, color grade.
Good Luck
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules