4204 29 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this really what DJI was hyping for Sept 28th?  A new commercial for the existing features of the Spark?  DJI is now hyping new commercials 2 weeks ahead of time like most companies hype new product announcements?  Am I missing something?  

2017-9-28
Use props
Joepub1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 557818 ft
United States

That's too funny. Those are the faces you make when the Go 4 app crashes,
2017-9-28
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

We already have a thread about it...
https://forum.dji.com/thread-113663-1-1.html
2017-9-28
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Joepub1 Posted at 2017-9-28 04:46
That's too funny. Those are the faces you make when the Go 4 app crashes,

Haha, I try to be pretty positive around here, but I feel like I must be missing something and there will be something else new announced today besides a new commercial, right?

This tweet and instagram, just seems like it would be more than a new commercial.  
https://twitter.com/DJIGlobal/status/910056264817713152
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZOwUmqDEca/?taken-by=djiglobal

Oh well, back to reality.
2017-9-28
Use props
Giovanni Yukio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982037 ft
Brazil

I can not believe it's just that, a new commercial! =(  I was hoping they would add at least a new intelligent flight mode to the Spark (Course Lock) or maybe 2K footage, because the camera has conditions to do.  # Sad!
2017-9-28
Use props
JAANJenca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149072 ft
Slovakia

Čakanie skončilo.
IMG_20170928_143107.png
IMG_20170928_143107.png
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't think that is related.
The video has the exact same frames as the teasers.
But, I am a little disappointed I must say..
Hoping for more options for Spark....
2017-9-28
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, today the new Ronin 2 has officially launched, the Spark user manual V1.4 has been updated on downloads with minimal updates showing no new gestures and we have a new, full ad for the Spark. That seems to be it. All the hype on here and social media for... well, nothing I guess! We should of had firmware .700 at the very least but I guess the instruction to update will pop up when we're in the field about to take off as per usual!
2017-9-28
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

What the hell DJI marketing department thinking?  
2017-9-28
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Marketing at its best .. LOL  Sad part is it worked, everyone was watching with anticipation, followed by a let down but successful teaser.

Now lets see when we get the firmware update they have promised us and what will come with it.
2017-9-28
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

noooooooooooooooooooooooo :C
2017-9-28
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that was incredibly anticlimactic... even the commercial kinda sucks by it's own merits.
2017-9-28
Use props
FahedC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16818 ft
Germany

The same day that Gopro also had an announcement ? mmmm weird
2017-9-28
Use props
ped078
lvl.4
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

LOL DJI be trolling.
2017-9-28
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

DJI sucks, lesson learned, never expect something exciting from these guys. First company in the world to have a software update with features that doesn't work with current firmware.
2017-9-28
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-28 08:00
Marketing at its best .. LOL  Sad part is it worked, everyone was watching with anticipation, followed by a let down but successful teaser.

Now lets see when we get the firmware update they have promised us and what will come with it.

Exactly this. I would say great marketing.
2017-9-28
Use props
Mauro's Films
Captain
Flight distance : 2883140 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

I eaven prepared and intro and outro for my youtube channel of todays annonucment to have a short brief and thoughts!
2017-9-28
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mauro's Films Posted at 2017-9-28 09:49
I eaven prepared and intro and outro for my youtube channel of todays annonucment to have a short brief and thoughts!

Haha, that is awesome!  I guess you'll have it ready in case DJI ever does decide to release something new for the Spark!
2017-9-28
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe DJI had an amazing new thing they were going to announce and at the last minute, the head engineer called and said Nooooooo! we can't get it to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the commercial is a quickly put together plan 'B'.
2017-9-28
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If I had to guess, I think that is why the Spark's .0700 firmware likely hasn't been released yet.  Why else would they have announced it as part of the DJI Go 4.1.10 and DJI Go 4.1.11 updates and yet almost 2 weeks later it still hasn't been released.
2017-9-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

I guess they used the same guy that picked the date for the end of the world on September 23rd to make the schedule for the product/software release on the 28th.
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-9-28 12:34
I guess they used the same guy that picked the date for the end of the world on September 23rd to make the schedule for the product/software release on the 28th.

Or at least the same guy that made Paper Plane mode pop up in the announcement from 31-8
2017-9-28
Use props
Mauro's Films
Captain
Flight distance : 2883140 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-9-28 10:43
Haha, that is awesome!  I guess you'll have it ready in case DJI ever does decide to release something new for the Spark!

Great tip... will save the project for a new DJI release
2017-9-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-9-28 11:07
If I had to guess, I think that is why the Spark's .0700 firmware likely hasn't been released yet.  Why else would they have announced it as part of the DJI Go 4.1.10 and DJI Go 4.1.11 updates and yet almost 2 weeks later it still hasn't been released.

Well there has been a lot of releases this last couple of weeks.  Apple released a new phone and operating system and they also released a new operating system for their computers within the last day or so.  Perhaps the DJI engineers and software people needed extra time to make sure everything would play well together.  I guess High Sierra potentially could have bugs with DJI Assistant 2 that would impact the deployment of Spark FW and the new phone and operating system could have potential impacts with DJI GO and the FW.  

I am going to give DJI the benefit of the doubt for now and say they are working hard to make sure the new FW and software work well with the changes in the software/hardware environment that is out there right at the moment.  I am going to trust that they are going to release very soon a FW/software version that fixes the issues people are having, adds a few new features and is bug free.

If something dosen't happen on the FW soon then this whole thing was just one massive screw up.
2017-9-28
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yup today was a let down how ever I'd rather have DJI take some time and make this new FW right instead of rushing out a half baked cookie that just causes more trouble.
2017-9-28
Use props
RoyTeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

Marketing: All right you engineering folks, we're talking money here. GoPro is launching new products today, we've made commercials promising new stuff to launch along with gopro's announcement. I don't care how you do it, but on the 28th we have to release something new!

Engineering; But Mr Marketing, we're not done with our testing, don't you remember what happened the last time we released a premature spark? Surely you won't want history to repeat itself

Marketing: That's why it's history, you learn from it! Don't repeat it! Get it done!

Engineering: *crying*
2017-9-28
Use props
Natesac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-9-28 16:07
Well there has been a lot of releases this last couple of weeks.  Apple released a new phone and operating system and they also released a new operating system for their computers within the last day or so.  Perhaps the DJI engineers and software people needed extra time to make sure everything would play well together.  I guess High Sierra potentially could have bugs with DJI Assistant 2 that would impact the deployment of Spark FW and the new phone and operating system could have potential impacts with DJI GO and the FW.  

I am going to give DJI the benefit of the doubt for now and say they are working hard to make sure the new FW and software work well with the changes in the software/hardware environment that is out there right at the moment.  I am going to trust that they are going to release very soon a FW/software version that fixes the issues people are having, adds a few new features and is bug free.

Pretty solid theory
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-9-28 16:07

I think you are right, but we will never know for sure.
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rawsome Posted at 2017-9-28 17:01
Yup today was a let down how ever I'd rather have DJI take some time and make this new FW right instead of rushing out a half baked cookie that just causes more trouble.

I surely agree on that!
2017-9-28
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now