Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updating issue with P4P+
1836 20 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Floreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I have a flight planned for tomorrow and like always I take my bird out to do a run through and make sure it's working.  Last night I kept getting a message that I needed to update, I could either ignore it or continue and once I chose continue it told me to connect the aircraft to the controller.  Once that's done and told it to proceed the messages went away and nothing happened.  I figured it was done so I re-started everything only to see the message pop up again so I when through the process again only to see the same message next time.  I checked to make sure I had the latest firmware, both the controller and DJI Assistant told me I did so I'm at a loss to explain this update message.  I don't like flying when things like this are happening, I was considereing doing a controller reset but I'm not sure that would fix it.  Any ideas?

2017-9-28
Use props
RMJovo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

I also had the same problem, however I found out that I had to hook the cables up in a very specific way.  The dongle (the short cable USB to mini adapter) had to be connected to the quadcopter, and the long USB cable to the controller. If the cable configuration was reversed it did nothing. I verified this using other cables. And always the dongle had to be plugged into the Quad for the update to work.Please let me know it this helped, I would like to see if I'm the only one that has this unique cable situation.
2017-9-28
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
United States

What do you mean when you say the dongle had to be plugged into the quad, it uses a USB cable, one end is Type A and the other is I think a micro B?  I did have the USB cable attached as the diagram on the screen showed, once I confirmed on screen it was setup and ready noting happened after that.  
2017-9-28
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Maybe you can try use DJI Assistant 2 software and connect your aircraft then do reset also same for the controller.
2017-9-28
Use props
RMJovo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-9-28 07:25
What do you mean when you say the dongle had to be plugged into the quad, it uses a USB cable, one end is Type A and the other is I think a micro B?  I did have the USB cable attached as the diagram on the screen showed, once I confirmed on screen it was setup and ready noting happened after that.

The cables that came with my P4P+ were a long cable USB to mini USB  short cable (or dongle) adapter USB to mini USB I plug the 2 cables together so I have a cable mini to mini USB the short adapter cable to the drone and the long cable to the controller. Does this help?
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to refresh the firmware again. If the case persists, please provide me with a screenshot of your version info: power on your RC, drone--enter device--upper right icon--General Settings--About. I'll help to check.

2017-9-29
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
United States

I've attached the message I keep getting, I've tried connecting the controller to the aircraft as it requests but nothing happens.  I just updated the firmware on the controller to V01.02.02.00 and refreshed the aircraft's software which is V01.04.0602.  

App:4.1.6
Version: 01.04.0602
Aircraft Database: 01.00.01.07
APP Database: 01.00.01.05
20171004_200539.jpg
2017-10-4
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
United States

Now after the controller firmware update it's telling me to update the aircraft firmware to version V01.04.0602 which it already has, this is in addition to the Data Update message I keep getting.
2017-10-4
Use props
Edward John Smi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-10-4 17:23
I've attached the message I keep getting, I've tried connecting the controller to the aircraft as it requests but nothing happens.  I just updated the firmware on the controller to V01.02.02.00 and refreshed the aircraft's software which is V01.04.0602.  

I have the same versions and I've been getting that message for almost a month now. I've used asst 2 and I've tried connecting the bird the way the diagram shows and the same thing happens to me also...I've giving up and ignore it now.
2017-10-4
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
United States

Edward John Smi Posted at 2017-10-4 21:12
I have the same versions and I've been getting that message for almost a month now. I've used asst 2 and I've tried connecting the bird the way the diagram shows and the same thing happens to me also...I've giving up and ignore it now.

Do you have the controller with integrated screen as well?
2017-10-5
Use props
Edward J Smith
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-10-5 05:43
Do you have the controller with integrated screen as well?

Yes I have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus
2017-10-6
Use props
NKars
lvl.4
Flight distance : 834117 ft
Netherlands

connect with cable provided by dji to the RC.... mini plug, NOT USB to the aircraft, same type..
than click update...

it is the Geofence zone update...
2017-10-6
Use props
NKars
lvl.4
Flight distance : 834117 ft
Netherlands

RMJovo Posted at 2017-9-28 08:37
The cables that came with my P4P+ were a long cable USB to mini USB  short cable (or dongle) adapter USB to mini USB I plug the 2 cables together so I have a cable mini to mini USB the short adapter cable to the drone and the long cable to the controller. Does this help?

yes it is mini USB looks like the one on the Aircraft.
2017-10-6
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

I did the update last night to the PLUS Controller and constantly get the same message. I connected the cable as instructed and still get the message. The upload to the AC is never initiated with the PLUS controller.

I have a second NON-PLUS controller. I linked that and was again prompted with the same message. However with the NON-PLUS controller and the cable connected (from the ipad to the AC) the update worked without issue. When reconnected and linked to the AC With the NON-PLUS controller everything works as expected and no warning messages to update.

However, if I go back and relink to my updated PLUS controller I continually get the warning even though the AC Was just updated with the other controller. So I'm just press ignore but it's annoying and should not be. Once again I feel like the PLUS Controller did not get the due-diligence it deseres. However, at least I can fly (I hope). I am leaving the house now at 6am and bring BOTH controllers.

2017-10-7
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NKars Posted at 2017-10-6 10:32
yes it is mini USB looks like the one on the Aircraft.

+ 1

Make sure you are connecting micro usb on P4P+ controller to micro USB on AC , don't use the normal usb port on the controller, you will need the OTG adaptor connected to the AC micro usb or a micro usb to micro USB OTG cable

For the usb cable coming from the micro usb on the controller you will need a "data transfer" capable cable which is usually called a USB OTG cable, not all USB cables are data transfer cables. You basically need data transfer usb cables all the way through to tha AC , that's why you have to use the OTG adaptor

usb port.JPG
2017-10-7
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
United States

Does the aircraft come with a dual end Micro USB cable for updates?
2017-10-9
Use props
Edward J Smith
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So I'm guessing that no solution has been found yet?  My controller still does it!
2017-10-17
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Floreto Posted at 2017-10-9 08:46
Does the aircraft come with a dual end Micro USB cable for updates?

You need to get an adapter or a dual micro usb cable
2017-10-17
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
United States

I found it and now I understand, I would suggest DJI make it more clear which cable you need to use to do these updates.
2017-10-18
Use props
dorbot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

I think I got passed it by pressing go fly with the micro USB cable attached to the RC and the OTG adapter attached to the AC. Seems to get passed the software dead end and shows message about no fly zone update, performs the update. It wont let you go and fly but the update seems to require trying to fly.
Incedentally, I did this with no SD card in the drone or RC. But I dont think that matters.
2017-11-15
Use props
djiuser_MTCqh3crJ5ot
lvl.1
United States

I love this forum.  First Officer is exactly correct.  I spent an hour and half with DJI using chat and waiting 3 minutes between  the agents responses.   Nothing he suggested worked.  

I was able to find the solution here in a matter of minutes.  I have the P4P+ and could not get the data on the AC to update.  As First Officer pointed out, I needed to connect to the micro USB on the Controller.  I simply connected the two cable supplied with unit, connected them end to end.  This made a micro USB on each end.  Worked perfect.  
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules