DJI GOGGLES
2760 17 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sovvrin
New
United States

Hello i bought the goggles about 2-3 months ago, only flew 3 times because of health reasons, my problem the goggles dont connect via the HDMI cable that came wiith it.
i spoke to tech support and they said try a different cable, so i bought 3 high quality data cables from amazon, still doesnt work.
can some one please tell me what to do , can i return them or what can be done after 3 months??

thanks

2017-9-28
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

1. May i know you connect to which DJI model aircraft?
2. Your DJI Goggles does not come with HDMI Cable?
2017-9-28
Use props
Sovvrin
New
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-9-28 08:14
1. May i know you connect to which DJI model aircraft?
2. Your DJI Goggles does not come with HDMI Cable?

Thanks for answering , i have a Phantom Pro Plus and it came with a white hdmi to micro hdmi cable
2017-9-28
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Sovvrin Posted at 2017-9-28 08:17
Thanks for answering , i have a Phantom Pro Plus and it came with a white hdmi to micro hdmi cable

Phantom 4 Pro Plus is it?

For your information, Phantom 4 Pro Plus no need use HDMI to connect DJI Goggles, you just need to use standard micro usb cable to connect to your DJI Goggles.

The Standard USB 2.0 connect to your remote control and the output microUSB connect to DJI Goggles charging port.
2017-9-28
Use props
Sovvrin
New
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-9-28 08:24

For your information, Phantom 4 Pro Plus no need use HDMI to connect DJI Goggles, you just need to use standard micro usb cable to connect to your DJI Goggles.

ahhhh ok thanks for the info, thats how i have been flying with the USB cord.
thank you very much
2017-9-28
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Sovvrin Posted at 2017-9-28 13:06
ahhhh ok thanks for the info, thats how i have been flying with the USB cord.
thank you very much

You are welcome Sir.
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-9-28 08:24

Actually the manual and spec specify HDMI only for the + model.

check right side of the scheme on page 11 in the manual.
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You need to active the HDMI on the controller by dragging down from top and tap the (i think 2. icon) just right from the WIFI one.
also you need to select HDMI input in the Goggle.
If nothing shows up you might need to fiddle with the HDMI settings on the controller by dragging down from the top, tap settings and tap the HDMI from there.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please refer to the tutorial below, if it still doesn't work, could you please provide us with a connecting procedure video for us? Thank you.
2017-9-29
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-29 00:43
Please refer to the tutorial below, if it still doesn't work, could you please provide us with a connecting procedure video for us? Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctc6aSclnw&list=PL8-vxWY64sBPfRAfQlrjsroLMp4YwkrYq&index=1

Thank you Thor, that is a very good video and tied in with some of the other info above the means to the end become clearer,
Thanks again Thor,
Bye
davawt
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

davawt Posted at 2017-11-14 14:57
Thank you Thor, that is a very good video and tied in with some of the other info above the means to the end become clearer,
Thanks again Thor,
Bye

Davawt, you are welcome, I am glad that the tutorial helps. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-11-15
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 23:29
Davawt, you are welcome, I am glad that the tutorial helps. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.

Thor, I have a question that was actually raised in one of the threads... If you connect Goggles to P4P remote controller without connecting a tablet running GO 4 app, your AC will be subject to height/distance restrictions (30/50m if I remember correctly). However, if a tablet is connected to RC, it occupies USB port on RC and there is no available port to connect Goggles. What's the solution for this case? Thanks
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-12-6 07:54
Thor, I have a question that was actually raised in one of the threads... If you connect Goggles to P4P remote controller without connecting a tablet running GO 4 app, your AC will be subject to height/distance restrictions (30/50m if I remember correctly). However, if a tablet is connected to RC, it occupies USB port on RC and there is no available port to connect Goggles. What's the solution for this case? Thanks

Hi sir, in this case, you can connect the mobile device first, open the app and then switch it back to a set of Goggles, please don't shut down the drone when you switch it. Besides, you can install an HDMI module on the RC, connect the Goggles via the HDMI. Refer to the manual below. ggs HDMI.png
2017-12-7
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-7 03:27
Hi sir, in this case, you can connect the mobile device first, open the app and then switch it back to a set of Goggles, please don't shut down the drone when you switch it. Besides, you can install an HDMI module on the RC, connect the Goggles via the HDMI. Refer to the manual below.[view_image]

Thank you, Thor. I've already read about this approach of switching from mobile device to Goggles, but was hoping there is a better way to deal with the issue. Also, connecting via HDMI will disable the benefits of Head Tracking. What about micro USB port on the back of RC? Can it be used for Goggles connection? Thanks
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-12-7 05:57
Thank you, Thor. I've already read about this approach of switching from mobile device to Goggles, but was hoping there is a better way to deal with the issue. Also, connecting via HDMI will disable the benefits of Head Tracking. What about micro USB port on the back of RC? Can it be used for Goggles connection? Thanks

Yes, sir, Head Tracking is supported when you connect the RC and Goggles via a USB cable, please check the pic I attached above.
2017-12-8
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-8 02:08
Yes, sir, Head Tracking is supported when you connect the RC and Goggles via a USB cable, please check the pic I attached above.

This is actually not the answer to my question, but thank you for your reply. I hope that DJI engineers will find the way to resolve the issue with connecting Goggles to P4P in the future FW updates...
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-12-8 03:05
This is actually not the answer to my question, but thank you for your reply. I hope that DJI engineers will find the way to resolve the issue with connecting Goggles to P4P in the future FW updates...

Hi, I thought I had replied the connecting way on 13#. Please kindly check again. One of the ways is to power on the drone, RC and connect it to the app, ensure the account has logged in, then unplug the mobile device, change it to the Goggles, keep the drone and RC on when you exchange them, then the limit will be unlocked.
2017-12-8
Use props
ColyB_NI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-8 04:23
Hi, I thought I had replied the connecting way on 13#. Please kindly check again. One of the ways is to power on the drone, RC and connect it to the app, ensure the account has logged in, then unplug the mobile device, change it to the Goggles, keep the drone and RC on when you exchange them, then the limit will be unlocked.

Hi DJI Thor, I am a recent Phantom 4 Pro user just getting used to everything! I have read this thread through and I am still a little confused... Can I ask just one simple question please?

Is it possible to use the micro USB connector on my RC to connect to my DJI Goggles for head tracking along with HDMI connection to HDMI output module (not yet installed)?

This would allow me to also keep my mobile device connected via the full size USB connection on RC
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules