Spark Remote Control died
1663 12 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisMChristian
New
United States

I was hoping someone might know a sequence of buttons to hit to "reset" this?

BACKGROUND:
I bought my Spark Fly More kit about a month ago (LOVE IT).  
My experience is under 100 hours of flight time.
My Spark, my 3 batteries, and my Spark remote are all up to the latest firmware.
My Spark remote had between 2 and 3 "bars" of juice left when it just stopped working
My Spark was at 3 "bars" and had just done a quick flight.
I connect to the remote control via an iPhone 6s with the latest version of DJI GO 4.
The connection between the remote and my iPhone is the OTG cable
ALL of my power comes from Voltage regulated and cleaned power and advanced transformers; and I use the best USB cables you can buy.
I bought the DJI Care Refresh warranty

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Had just done a quick flight and was moving to another location.  I had the Spark still on, in one hand; and my remote with phone in another.  All 3 devices were communicating with each other.  The remote just turned off.  I thought my thumb might have accidentally hit it, but when tapping the power button once, I didn't even get the usual battery level indication (it was at between 2 and 3 "bars").

I thought perhaps the battery drained completely out for some reason and went home and plugged in a standard 5v USB connection into the Spark Remote and nothing happened.  I tried 3 different USB chargers and nothing.  A couple hours later I tried one of the USB chargers again, and this time the remote came to life.  2 green battery lights came on constant and the 3rd blinked.  And the connection light was blinking red.  There was an audible beep that did not stop and it eventually shut down again.

DILEMMA:
The whole reason I bought the Spark and specifically the remote, was for a back packing trip coming up with some family and friends in about 10 days or so.  I invested in the Spark to add additional cinematic footage to my YouTube channel (mainly for the Trail Report videos, where I back pack in wilderness and create an informative video about that trail).  I know I can fly the Spark via WIFI and my smartphone, but the distance limitations do not work for this trip.  Thus the whole reason I paid the extra $200 for the fly more kit with Remote Control.  There are several scenes I want to shoot over rivers and waterfalls, I've been there before and the WIFI limitations will not let me get the shot.

I called tech support and they opened an RMA for my remote.  But that once they receive it, it will be about 2 weeks before it's shipped back out.  JUST getting a shipping label takes 2 days???  WHY???  It's not like UPS has to mail them the label, everything is digital for goodness sakes.  Should be automatic just like the RMA email from tech support.  Also, everything I read about DJI Care Refresh is they expedite repairing your Sparks problems and getting you back in the air (even paying for shipping).  Apparently, that only applies to the Spark itself and NOT the Spark Remote?

QUESTION:
Does any one know a way to expedite the repairs or a sequence of buttons that could make this work again?
2017-9-28
Use props
CMD_Z
New
Flight distance : 59616 ft
United States

I feel your pain.

I had my remote for 1 week. It charged out of the box, but wouldn't charge a second time. I initiated a repair request on August 10. It took a week (August 18) for them to receive it using their return label. By August 24 they had "verified" that there was a problem (another week).

I called on September 1 (another week) to get an update and was told that they were "waiting for a replacement part." That was 3 weeks ago. Still no word.

Total of:
49 days
35 business days
... and counting

I only got to use the remote a few times! Why couldn't they just replace the remote rather than make me wait 7+ weeks?
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

CMD_Z Posted at 2017-9-28 11:46
I feel your pain.

I had my remote for 1 week. It charged out of the box, but wouldn't charge a second time. I initiated a repair request on August 10. It took a week (August 18) for them to receive it using their return label. By August 24 they had "verified" that there was a problem (another week).

Where are you located? Did you call DJI customer care or someplace else?
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, there is no way to expedite a repair as all repairs are done on a first come, first serve.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chris, really sorry for the experience with our product, unfortunately we can only provide regular ground shipping label without any expense. If you would like to send in urgently, you may need to contact Express company personally and pay for the delivery.
DJI Care Refresh does't include RC. We will help to expedite the replacement process once the package arrives, appreciate your understanding.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CMD_Z Posted at 2017-9-28 11:46
I feel your pain.

We are so sorry to have kept you waiting for the replacement, the case has been escalated to local team to follow up, we will have someone to contact later, hope you will get RC back soon.
2017-9-28
Use props
fansf69b126b
New

Turkey

I can't connect to my sparks rc, can not connect with aircraft, i can't see wifi on mobile, only its red light is blinking.. How can i reset that or what can i do for it? Now rc doesnt work it all
2017-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf69b126b Posted at 2017-10-1 09:13
I can't connect to my sparks rc, can not connect with aircraft, i can't see wifi on mobile, only its red light is blinking.. How can i reset that or what can i do for it? Now rc doesnt work it all

Reset RC Wi-FI: press and hold the power button of the remote controller for 9 seconds until hearing a toning sound like “DDD” and the Wi-Fi will be reset.
Reset aircraft WI-FI: press and hold the power button of the battery for 9 seconds until hearing three “D” sounds emitted by the Spark consecutively and the SSID password will be reset.
2017-10-1
Use props
fans1e12a3a5
New

Czechia

Hi I've got problem with RC. After RC update it will no longer shows up on my phone wifi list I cant connect it directly to spark as well Is there any way to make hard reset on RC C2? or this update totally destroyed it? I can pair only spark with my phone.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans1e12a3a5 Posted at 2017-10-13 16:19
Hi I've got problem with RC. After RC update it will no longer shows up on my phone wifi list I cant connect it directly to spark as well Is there any way to make hard reset on RC C2? or this update totally destroyed it? I can pair only spark with my phone.

Had you tried to reset your RC? Please press and hold the power button for about 9 seconds to reset until you hear the beeping sound. If it doesn't show up, pay attention to the indicator light of the RC, if it blinks twice a time even after one minute after powering it on, you may need to send the RC in. If you can reset  the RC and can search the WiFi successfully, below is the linking procedure for your reference:
2017-10-13
Use props
fans1e12a3a5
New

Czechia

Hi, it blinks like you said Send the RC in you mean? I bought it in US during my holidays, now I'm back home in Czech Republic. What should I do? Do you have here some DJI service partner who can help me with it? Or should I send it somewhere to Europe service center? or ain't it possible to flash it somehow via usb from my pc? I love it wanna fly again and again and again....please.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans1e12a3a5 Posted at 2017-10-14 02:07
Hi, it blinks like you said Send the RC in you mean? I bought it in US during my holidays, now I'm back home in Czech Republic. What should I do? Do you have here some DJI service partner who can help me with it? Or should I send it somewhere to Europe service center? or ain't it possible to flash it somehow via usb from my pc? I love it wanna fly again and again and again....please.

I am sorry, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge. So if it is a warranty case, you might need to send it back to the US then you don't need to pay the repair fee, if you choose to repair it at your own cost in the Europe, you can contact support.nl@dji.com for a further help.
2017-10-14
Use props
djiuser_et1Wo97
New

Czechia

Ok thank you. And what exactly does it mean if it blinks twice red?
2017-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules