Battery failure
2159 8 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
farky6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1637 ft
Canada

Hello, Purchased a Mavic Pro Fly more Combo yesterday. One of the batteries appears to have failed. There are no light indecators at all when the power button is pressed. It will not charge, and there is a red light on the four battery charger. Can you pls let me know how to return this battery for a new one.
2017-9-28
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Looks like you've got a falty one....
2017-9-28
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

The other two batteries are fine, charging and flying?
Then, open a case with DJI, and HOPEFULLY, all they want is the suspect battery returned, and you can keep flying.
Where did you buy it? Bestbuy? they might just do a straight across battery only exchange if it is withing the return period. If they don't won't, return the whole kit, and then buy a new kit. See where I'm going with this?
If your purchase point has an easy retrun policy, that is more than likely to happen.
If you bought it at someplace like Frys, well good luck. You will be dealing with DJI warranty support.
And my two cents worth, do not fall into the "Update all the firmware on the Mavic, and controller, and the batteries. all works, just the one battery.
Fly the bird with what came on it out of the box. Learn it, and get a feel for how the bird flies and handles, before you start tweaking updates and such, can open another can of worms. Let other dance with the updates, and wait and see how it goes, then you can decide to run with the "Latest and Greatest"
2017-9-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2017-9-28 12:54
The other two batteries are fine, charging and flying?
Then, open a case with DJI, and HOPEFULLY, all they want is the suspect battery returned, and you can keep flying.
Where did you buy it? Bestbuy? they might just do a straight across battery only exchange if it is withing the return period. If they don't won't, return the whole kit, and then buy a new kit. See where I'm going with this?

and to add to this for the OP, if Dji asks you to return everything, DO NOT!.. only repackage the battery and sent it off with necessary documentation..dealing with DJi is a nightmare they have a history of losing track of things if you sent entire packages in..
2017-9-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Did you try to charge it without the multi-battery charging piece?  Also, did you try plugging it in (straight to the charger) and leave it for a couple of hours to see if it starts charging?  Both of those have been recommended for batteries that don't respond normally.  Give it a try and see.  The worst that could happen is that it not work and you would try getting something done about it.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Firstly, please keep that battery on the direct charger (not via charging hub) for about 2 hours. If it still doesn't work, please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-9-28
Use props
Feeblerelf02
New
United States

I have the same exact issue! I have used my batteries less than a dozen times, and I just got off the phone with customer support, and they refuse to repair their faulty hardware as I am 5 days outside of my warranty. I am posting this here, and am going to post on every forum until DJI realizes that this is absurd. I've dealt with many large companies, and when your product is on the edge of the warranty, they have always honored the repairs. This experience, if not rectified by someone on the DJI staff, has definitely made me think of DJI in a new light, and currently am infuriated by their lack of care for their customers.
2017-10-2
Use props
farky6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1637 ft
Canada

Thanks All, I've returned it to DJI. they asked me to return it for replacement/refurb. I didn't try using the direct charger. we'll see what they say. I'll let you know how it turns out
2017-10-19
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

farky6 Posted at 2017-10-19 11:16
Thanks All, I've returned it to DJI. they asked me to return it for replacement/refurb. I didn't try using the direct charger. we'll see what they say. I'll let you know how it turns out

Good for you, might as well get a battery replacement. Had an issue with one of my battery where the dji multi-charger indicator light turned 'red'. Later realized the battery was a bit too warm. Once cool off, charged again with no issues just in case someone runs into this same issue.
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules