Is DJI Assistant 2 necessary?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Hey, I receive the updates firmware needed with no problem. Should concern to install the DJI Assistant 2 in PC to updates? Or with the later version of DJI GO 4 theres no problem?
2017-9-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I always update via Assistant 2 as it's a direct download, whereas using GO you're reliant on an additional  WiFi link to your router (another transmission bottleneck and potential point of failure).

Regardless you need to install Assistant 2 to do your VPS calibrations anyway, so you can't avoid using it.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Both DJI GO 4 and DJI Assistant 2 will do the update, you can select either way. Except for firmware upgrade, DJI Assistant 2 can also do the data exporting, VPS calibrating, simulated flying, etc. So I would suggest installing it.
2017-9-28
Use props
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Ok, I'll install it.
2017-9-29
Use props
betreedcam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299626 ft
Cambodia

For firmware updates on the drone - if i install dgi assistant2 on the computer - can i then update the drone without any wifi connection? Where our drone is, there is no internet service, and right now I have the computer in good range so i can install but - then hopefully use it to update the drone as long as it will work offline. Thanks for any help!
2018-5-6
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

betreedcam Posted at 2018-5-6 02:23
For firmware updates on the drone - if i install dgi assistant2 on the computer - can i then update the drone without any wifi connection? Where our drone is, there is no internet service, and right now I have the computer in good range so i can install but - then hopefully use it to update the drone as long as it will work offline. Thanks for any help!

even with Assistant2 installed on the computer it would need to download the firmware so yes internet is required but need not to be Wifi.
2018-5-6
Use props
betreedcam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299626 ft
Cambodia

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-6 02:43
even with Assistant2 installed on the computer it would need to download the firmware so yes internet is required but need not to be Wifi.

So, is it possible to copy the updated files  onto the computer (while i am in the city) and then upload back at home (where we have no good internet)?  i did just install the program and without attaching to the drone - there isn't much to the program - just a picture telling how to connect it.
2018-5-6
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

betreedcam Posted at 2018-5-6 05:22
So, is it possible to copy the updated files  onto the computer (while i am in the city) and then upload back at home (where we have no good internet)?  i did just install the program and without attaching to the drone - there isn't much to the program - just a picture telling how to connect it.

You can login to Assistant2 and it will remember the login even when offline but in order to have Assistant2 to download the firmware it need to have the Phantom connected. I think even if you could manage to download the firmware in advance it would not do the upgrade without access to DJI.
I think you'll need to invite your Phantom on a trip to the town to have it done.

I really don't like myself the way they have made this system, why can't we just download the firmware as we are able to do for what ever other equipment we have!
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules