A question
1879 20 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

What do DJI and the NFL have in common besides the fact that they are both businesses with three letter names?
2017-9-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

National Football League? That's what it is in Australia...
2017-9-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Billions of fans, and millions of plans. Hahaha

They both dominate their respective business'.

But we have 4 downs in Canada....  ;-)

Hupp hupp hupp!!!

RedHotPoker

2017-9-28
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

Neither of them seem to realize that disrespecting their customer base is suicidal for any business.
2017-9-28
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmmmm..... Good question, I have the answer. Near where I live a man was arrested  for flying his DJI Mavic Pro very near a NFL stadium during a U2 concert there.
2017-9-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

At least DJI doesn't take a knee during anthem.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-9-28 15:31
Neither of them seem to realize that disrespecting their customer base is suicidal for any business.

We apologize firstly if there is any unpleasant experience with us, could you please provide more details? We will see if we could help you.
2017-9-28
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-28 19:23
We apologize firstly if there is any unpleasant experience with us, could you please provide more details? We will see if we could help you.

As a beta tester, I was stuck on the January beta firmware along with many other beta testers.  That lasted over six months until new official firmware FINALLY came out.  We thought at last we would be on official and functional firmware.  But then after installing the new firmware, all kinds of problems arose for many P4 owners, myself included.  Very unstable flight characteristics, gimbal failures in flight, loss of video, recording stops, can not record reliably in 4K 30fps to name a few.  For almost ten months now, I have not been able to enjoy my P4.  You can not treat loyal customers this way and expect them to remain loyal.  This is my second DJI quad.  I would have already upgraded to a P4P but I can't do that now, not knowing if it too would be rendered useless in the future.  This isn't good for YOUR business.

--Jim Watkins
(Burbank, CA)

P.S.: I was once one of your most loyal and enthusiastic customers.  I recommended your products to anyone who expressed an interest.  Not any more.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-9-29 10:49
As a beta tester, I was stuck on the January beta firmware along with many other beta testers.  That lasted over six months until new official firmware FINALLY came out.  We thought at last we would be on official and functional firmware.  But then after installing the new firmware, all kinds of problems arose for many P4 owners, myself included.  Very unstable flight characteristics, gimbal failures in flight, loss of video, recording stops, can not record reliably in 4K 30fps to name a few.  For almost ten months now, I have not been able to enjoy my P4.  You can not treat loyal customers this way and expect them to remain loyal.  This is my second DJI quad.  I would have already upgraded to a P4P but I can't do that now, not knowing if it too would be rendered useless in the future.  This isn't good for YOUR business.

--Jim Watkins

I am sorry to read on your dissatisfaction. Did you set up for any type of analysis from our technicians? The repair shop is in Southern California so you would not have to ship far.
2017-9-29
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-29 12:07
I am sorry to read on your dissatisfaction. Did you set up for any type of analysis from our technicians? The repair shop is in Southern California so you would not have to ship far.

Since the problem is a firmware one (which is well documented in this forum and other places) I see no point in returning my P4 which is no longer under warranty.  Because the problem is firmware, the solution would have to be firmware as well.  Hence, I am waiting for DJI to fix the problem with new firmware.  If they do not, I will never buy DJI products again.

--Jim
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-9-29 12:51
Since the problem is a firmware one (which is well documented in this forum and other places) I see no point in returning my P4 which is no longer under warranty.  Because the problem is firmware, the solution would have to be firmwareas well.  Hence, I am waiting for DJI to fix the problem with new firmware.  If they do not, I will never buy DJI products again.

--Jim

Do you have a contact email or a repair ID I can refer to? You can also refer to your regular full name in a personal message. I will need to confer with an associate on this point. Do you have the version of beta firmware that you are referring to? I appreciate your time.
2017-9-29
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-29 13:24
Do you have a contact email or a repair ID I can refer to? You can also refer to your regular full name in a personal message. I will need to confer with an associate on this point. Do you have the version of beta firmware that you are referring to? I appreciate your time.

My email address which is registered with DJI is boltupright@live.com and my name is James Watkins.  I am in Burbank, CA.  I believe the firmware version is 02.00.106.  It is the one released for the p4 about 2 months ago.  It's the one that has been complained about extensiviely on this forum.  Surely you know what I am talking about.

--Jim

2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-9-29 13:38
My email address which is registered with DJI is boltupright@live.com and my name is James Watkins.  I am in Burbank, CA.  I believe the firmware version is 02.00.106.  It is the one released for the p4 about 2 months ago.  It's the one that has been complained about extensiviely on this forum.  Surely you know what I am talking about.

Thank you for the information. Last two questions so I can make sure that I have this information correct: You are flying a Phantom 4 and this is beta software or is this regular software?
2017-9-29
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-29 13:56
Thank you for the information. Last two questions so I can make sure that I have this information correct: You are flying a Phantom 4 and this is beta software or is this regular software?

I am flying a Phantom 4 purchased sometime in March 2016.  I am NOT running beta software anymore.  I was running beta software from January until the most recent official firmware, 02.00.0106, was released in June 2017.  Version 02.00.0106 has caused all the problems I described to you and there is no other firmware option available now.  A very bad situation.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-9-29 14:13
I am flying a Phantom 4 purchased sometime in March 2016.  I am NOT running beta software anymore.  I was running beta software from January until the most recent official firmware, 02.00.0106, was released in June 2017.  Version 02.00.0106 has caused all the problems I described to you and there is no other firmware option available now.  A very bad situation.

Jim, I understand your frustration, and would like to help you one by one.

1. For the record issue, our engineers are aware of this and release the beta firmware to fix it. Please update beta firmware via DJI Assistant 2.
2. As for loss of video and gimbal failures, could you be more specific of this? Please upload some videos for better analysis.
3. And unstable flight, our engineers are still working on this. We appreciate your attention and patience.

Again, I apologize for all inconvenience. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.
2017-9-29
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-29 19:50
Jim, I understand your frustration, and would like to help you one by one.

1. For the record issue, our engineers are aware of this and release the beta firmware to fix it. Please update beta firmware via DJI Assistant 2.

Here's a sample of the gimbal failure.  
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-9-30 07:07
Here's a sample of the gimbal failure.  https://youtu.be/OFVpK9m2g64

Well received, thank you! Just to verify, has the drone been crashed or had hard landing before? If not, please consider to send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-10-3
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

No crashes or hard landings.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-10-4 08:43
No crashes or hard landings.

Thanks for your feedback, I would recommend sending it back for an overall check, and we will take care of it when it arrived.
2017-10-4
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-4 19:21
Thanks for your feedback, I would recommend sending it back for an overall check, and we will take care of it when it arrived.

Yes, but it's no longer under warranty.  DJI should fix it free of charge since it was working great until their latest official firmware.
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-10-5 12:45
Yes, but it's no longer under warranty.  DJI should fix it free of charge since it was working great until their latest official firmware.

Generally, the firmware update will not cause hardware failure, unless certain module has been damaged already and detected by the update. The local team will do damage assessment to check the exact status.
2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules