Payload Trouble
1222 8 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

I am having a problem attaching an ipone 4s and weather flow system to the phantom 4. When I fly it will drift and not lower unless in sport mode any settings I could change or help. Thanks,
2017-9-28
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
United States

It will also shake hard then fall a little
2017-9-28
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Well the reason would be it's too much weight. You need to reduce the weight to make it controllable
2017-9-28
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

You've blocked the downward visual position hold sensors and ultrasonic height sensors under the aircraft!
Never pull the throttle full down with it like that - it will turn the power off!

You could try turning vision sensors off, but it would be better to move your equipment to where they wont cause a problem, maybe on the outside of the legs, preferably the front legs...
2017-9-28
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
United States

I could try on the front because I need to see the phone but balence would be off could it be the weight or no. Cannot reduce the weght.
2017-9-28
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

X-ACTO! Posted at 2017-9-28 14:42
I could try on the front because I need to see the phone but balence would be off could it be the weight or no. Cannot reduce the weght.

You haven't said how much weight you are adding.   

I would try and keep the extra weight under each propeller below 100g, 150g will start to cause problems.  It doesn't need to be perfectly balanced but distributing the extra weight on both sides would be sensible.

You must not block the ultrasonic sensors, and that means nothing mounted between the legs unless it is forward of the gimbal.  Gimbal guards sometimes result in crashes because the ultrasonic sensors mistake them for the ground.

2017-9-28
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
United States

Just under a pound
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

In fact, we don't suggest attaching any part to the drone to fly. For your case, please unload the phone and weather flow system and test again to see if the drone performs properly. If everything works right, then it is the problem of the payload, if it also shakes, you need to calibrate the IMU.
2017-9-28
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
United States

It works fine without
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules