Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 Vision Plus Gimbal - Beep, Beep, Beep
12069 12 2015-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmaler
lvl.1

United States

I have spent days trying to figure out this issue and hoping that someone here could help me out.

After a light crash, the gimbal ribbon snapped. I replaced the ribbon, verified all connections several times but the gimbal continues to beep in three successions (beep, beep, beep, pause, beep, beep, beep, pause). Here are all the things that I have already done:

• Vertified all ribbon connections several times and have re-connected several times.
• Potentiometers calibrated and vertified no damage and correct ohm readings.
• Inspected all motors for damage or loose transistors.
• Firmware updated to latest versions (RC, FC, Zen, Etc).
• RC Calibartions from both RC and PT2.
• Camera light is green.
• Video and photos display.

Again, the camera light is green, video displays, but beeping will not stop and no control of the gimbal. Does anyone have any idea what the three beeps indicated. I have spent hours searching forums with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mike
2015-4-6
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Are you absolutely certain the beeping is coming from the gimbal?  

The only beep code I'm aware of that matches your BBB - BBB - BBB  is "motor parameters don’t match the firmware data saved in the ESC." (see link secret decoder ring -- beep codes)
2015-4-6
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

I would connect the unit with the assistant software and go through checks to see if software is an issue with the upgrades. Re do calibration and restart to see if beeping stops. Beeping sometimes indicates a failed software or update. Other may have suggestions also.
2015-4-6
Use props
mmaler
lvl.1

United States

gil Posted at 2015-4-7 09:05
Are you absolutely certain the beeping is coming from the gimbal?  

The only beep code I'm aware of ...

Hi Gil,

Thanks for your reply! 100% sure it is coming from the gimbal and not the bird. Last night I did some more checks and took the cover of the gimbal off. Front camera light is green, then in the rear next to the micro USB input an LED is flashing red.

Hi Roy,

Ran every update, calibration, test I could possibly run in the assistant multiple times and zero luck getting the beeping to stop.

Mike
2015-4-7
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Sheesh, you've stumped the dummy on this one.  I wasn't even aware of the rear LED on the gimbal until you mentioned it.  The only thing in the Vision+ User Manual refers to the front LED and doesn't even mention beep codes for the gimbal.  The closest thing to matching your description is the "Fast red blinks" so I suppose if it were me I would try running the firmware update to see if that might kick start it back into knowing it's a gimbal.
Camera LED indicator.png
2015-4-7
Use props
scacob
New

United States

Mmaler did you ever resolve this?  I am having the exact same issue only no video stream connection in addition to the gimble beeps.
2015-4-28
Use props
brzeczek
New

United States

Any one have an answer to the beep beep beep from the gimbal motors.  Having similar issue
2015-5-16
Use props
zeek.of.hazard
New

United States

brzeczek@bellso Posted at 2015-5-17 09:13
Any one have an answer to the beep beep beep from the gimbal motors.  Having similar issue

i am having eh same issue, i have found a tiny tiny little scratch on the ribbon were the copper is showing through

And i had a bent arm, it worked fine, but then i printed me a new top gimbal arm and put it on, now i get this. what gives?!  

I will be mega pissed if i order a new 60 cable and it doesnt fix it.
2015-6-10
Use props
sacevedo
New

Mexico

I have exactly the same issue. I had a crash and after replace the ribbon cable it started to beeping. I got a second camera crashed and I changed the ribbon and it worked but the gimbal was rotating unusually. I tried to adjust the level sensor motor and it did not stop moving errant. I update the ZEN IMU firmware And the new gimbal started to beep too
2015-12-10
Use props
DSipp
New

United States

I crashed the other day. tore the camera off. I've replaced the cable and get a similar result. 2 beeps, two beeps. My light is solid red in the front, and blinking in the bck red. Any new ideas\solutions found?
2016-5-28
Use props
RayRobidoux
New

United States

Did you find a fix yet? I have the same problem.
2018-11-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I will guess it might be a cheap poorly made aftermarket ribbon cable.  If you look on eBay, 9 of 10 are counterfeit aftermarket cables.  It's hard to find a legit OEM cable.
2018-11-26
Use props
fans4cb6f72c
New

United Kingdom

After 4 years now and no one found a solution for this?
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules