Changing devices
2537 3 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HkyPlyr
New
United States

I have been using a Samsung Note 4 Android to fly my Pro 3, but I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 that I want to use.   It will connect to the DJI GO app sometimes, but after the last update it won't connect no matter how many different times and methods I try (resetting the controller, letting the drone connect first before connecting the cable, etc.)  
   Is there a trick to trying to get a reliable connection with a new device?   My Note 4 will still connect every time even after the updates to the controller and drone (different Android version; Note 4 is using 6.0.1 and the Tab S2 is using 7.0 if that matters).
  Any suggestions?

2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Did you reinstall the app? Try that to begin with. Also make sure that the USB cable you are using is working properly.
2017-9-29
Use props
HkyPlyr
New
United States

Yes, I did uninstall and then reinstall DJI GO.  And I tried a couple different cables, which all worked when I used my cell phone (Note 4) but would not work with the tablet.  I suspect that it's either a problem with Android 7 not playing nice with the app (which is why sometimes it would connect and sometimes it wouldn't) or maybe there is some recognition problem with the controller and the Galaxy Tab S2 (which again could be Android 7.0 not being 100% compatible).  Any DJI software techs that could weigh in on that?   Or is the Pro 3 too old for them to support anymore?  
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

HkyPlyr Posted at 2017-9-29 14:44
Yes, I did uninstall and then reinstall DJI GO.  And I tried a couple different cables, which all worked when I used my cell phone (Note 4) but would not work with the tablet.  I suspect that it's either a problem with Android 7 not playing nice with the app (which is why sometimes it would connect and sometimes it wouldn't) or maybe there is some recognition problem with the controller and the Galaxy Tab S2 (which again could be Android 7.0 not being 100% compatible).  Any DJI software techs that could weigh in on that?   Or is the Pro 3 too old for them to support anymore?

The Samung Android 7 should work with the Go App. Do you also have the Go 4 App? If so, try logging out of it so you are using only the Go App. Also turn off the Blue tooth as both of those aspects have been suggested to interfere with each other.
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules