Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First time using ND filters on the Mavic. IMPRESSED!
1527 12 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
McK.
lvl.1
New Zealand

I used the Mavic to capture some ariel shots for my first ever vlog today. I've noticed a huge difference in my footage! I had a gimbal error when I first put it on but I soon realised I hadn't put it on properly lol. Anyway... Enjoy the video!
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice vlog.
Can you make a comparison of the same shots with and without the ND?
Curious if you really see the difference.
2017-9-28
Use props
McK.
lvl.1
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-28 22:58
Nice vlog.
Can you make a comparison of the same shots with and without the ND?
Curious if you really see the difference.

Yeah I'll try get some shots tomorrow for you, will post results in this thread!
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

McK. Posted at 2017-9-28 23:28
Yeah I'll try get some shots tomorrow for you, will post results in this thread!

Thanks for that.
Please reply so I get a notification
2017-9-28
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-28 23:57
Thanks for that.
Please reply so I get a notification

lovely work but where are the vids of the MP flying around the lighthouse... I think you have inspired me to start vlogging, thanks mate keep up the good work, cheers from Miami Florida
2017-9-29
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah those filters definitely make a difference in appearance; picked up a few last week and also looking to test. Nice clear vid.
2017-9-29
Use props
McK.
lvl.1
New Zealand

Dremundo Posted at 2017-9-29 04:32
lovely work but where are the vids of the MP flying around the lighthouse... I think you have inspired me to start vlogging, thanks mate keep up the good work, cheers from Miami Florida

I really wanted to! There was a lot of big seagulls acting very territorial I wasn’t gonna risk it haha. thank you !
2017-9-29
Use props
McK.
lvl.1
New Zealand

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-29 04:50
Yeah those filters definitely make a difference in appearance; picked up a few last week and also looking to test. Nice clear vid.

Nice one! Enjoy
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

ND filters can make a big difference when flying in bright days. You can find these filters here: http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set
2017-9-29
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

How exactly does it make a huge difference in the footage?  I thought the only point of them was so you could decrease your shutter speed which results in more motion blur.  In other words to solve the "problem" of motion shots appearing too sharp.  But if you're just hovering and facing a lighthouse or other POI, there shouldn't be any difference at all in the footage.  Is this not the case?

I'm asking because I have a set of ND filters which I've never even touched once.  Because lack of motion blur is the least of my complaints.
2017-9-29
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-29 08:26
How exactly does it make a huge difference in the footage?  I thought the only point of them was so you could decrease your shutter speed which results in more motion blur.  In other words to solve the "problem" of motion shots appearing too sharp.  But if you're just hovering and facing a lighthouse or other POI, there shouldn't be any difference at all in the footage.  Is this not the case?

I'm asking because I have a set of ND filters which I've never even touched once.  Because lack of motion blur is the least of my complaints.

It's not a huge difference.  Get the ND/PL Vivid Series from Polar Pro if you want to see an immediate difference in picture quality.  

You lose dynamic range with filters.  ND only makes it possible to slow the shutter, aka smear everything to look bad, errr "cinematic" sorry.  Buy some & see, but get the best for your expensive toy.
2017-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-9-29 09:27
It's not a huge difference.  Get the ND/PL Vivid Series from Polar Pro if you want to see an immediate difference in picture quality.  

You lose dynamic range with filters.  ND only makes it possible to slow the shutter, aka smear everything to look bad, errr "cinematic" sorry.  Buy some & see, but get the best for your expensive toy.

Do you have these?
I'd like to see some comparison shots from the same location with and without!
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

A really nice vlog, I enjoy and share with my friends. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules