DJI So Slow At Resolving DJI Care Claim
876 7 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hey Bert
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Whilst this may not come as a surprise to many forum members, the levels of support received from DJI under their Care Refresh insurance are very poor.
My Spark was involved in a Fly Away in early September (after applying the latest firmware update in August to all batteries and the Spark itself, it went into ATTI mode and flew out of control) which resulted in it landing in a lake, fortunately, after swimming to recover it, I managed to send the water damaged unit back to DJI for replacement under Care Refresh.

Now, with most optional insurance policies, I'd expect a replacement to be shipped fairly quickly as I'd paid a premium to cover me for such unfortunate, and rare instances.

Not with DJI.

DJI first want to go through every detail surrounding the incident (logs, videos, etc), and then after having the device in their possession for 7 days, on top of the 7 days it takes to ship it to them, I receive this email....

"As of now your case was forwarded to our engineers and waiting for final result. One of them will send an email regarding the final result of your analysis. This may take sometime for final result as our engineers are very cautious in the analysis."

Sometime? How can you measure this? 1 week, month, year??

I'm happy for DJI to do as much analysis as they want, however, at the end of the day I've paid for a policy to cover me for accidents and don't see the reason why I have to wait for them to undertake a post mortem before sending me a replacement. I want to get back out flying again; taking those drone selfies and video which the DJI marketing machine sold the device to me.

Hopefully a DJI mod with pick this up and address this....but in the meantime, please ensure you are comfortable with the 'unwritten terms' of DJI's Care Refresh before purchasing it, as it hasn't provided the peace of mind I expected so far.

My DJI case number is CAS-993290-L7P2X6

2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hey Bert, sorry to keep you waiting. We will have someone contact you soon and help you solve the problem. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

With care refresh you really shouldn’t need so much assessment, crazy this should be straight turnaround, I can understand 7 days delivery that’s just what they do, hope you get it back soon.
2017-9-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

This company really needs a legit competitor to keep them honest.
2017-9-29
Use props
Hey Bert
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-29 03:41
Hey Bert, sorry to keep you waiting. We will have someone contact you soon and help you solve the problem. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you for escalating this.

Stefan has been in contact and has resolved the situation.
2017-9-29
Use props
Hey Bert
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-29 04:04
With care refresh you really shouldn’t need so much assessment, crazy this should be straight turnaround, I can understand 7 days delivery that’s just what they do, hope you get it back soon.

Agreed, I appreciated the shipping time given UPS were sending back to the Netherlands. It was the process of replacement under Care Refresh which became frustrating and the lack of quality communication between DJI and myself.
2017-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey Bert Posted at 2017-9-29 07:01
Agreed, I appreciated the shipping time given UPS were sending back to the Netherlands. It was the process of replacement under Care Refresh which became frustrating and the lack of quality communication between DJI and myself.

I think Electra escalating your case should help.

Good luck.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hey Bert Posted at 2017-9-29 06:57
Thank you for escalating this.

Stefan has been in contact and has resolved the situation.

Glad to hear that, we sincerely apologize again to have kept you waiting for the data analysis, we will get it fixed with priority, hope you will receive it soon.
Please keep us updated if you need any assistance. We will try our best to help.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules