How to expand Spark photo bracketing option?
2222 13 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jose Ramos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 72825 ft
Portugal

Hi there!

Following a reply I made in another thread, I would like to ask if is there any way to go beyong the 0.7 EV limit of the Spark's bracketing mode? Since there are no ND Grad filters for the Spark, if I want to properly expose a sunset sky, as well as properly expose the foreground, I'll need something like a 1-3 EV bracketing mode.

If this isn't possible, then DJI should DEFINITELY consider adding this in a new software update!

Thanks
2017-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Might help.

https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... es-vivid-collection
2017-9-29
Use props
Jose Ramos
lvl.4
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-29 07:44
Might help.

https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/featured-collection/products/dji-spark-cinema-series-vivid-collection

These are not ND Grads, but rather full NDs. There are no ND Grads for the Spark, unfortunately.
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

I have wondered why Polarpro don't make a GND (top dark to bottom light) filter.   The only one I would be interested in.
2017-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jose Ramos Posted at 2017-9-30 05:32
These are not ND Grads, but rather full NDs. There are no ND Grads for the Spark, unfortunately.

How would you use them in flight?
You have to be able to adjust the shift after you frame your shot.
Difficult in flight
2017-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Madwand Posted at 2017-9-30 06:06
I have wondered why Polarpro don't make a GND (top dark to bottom light) filter.   The only one I would be interested in.

See my previous reply. Thats why
2017-9-30
Use props
Jose Ramos
lvl.4
Portugal

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-30 07:59
How would you use them in flight?
You have to be able to adjust the shift after you frame your shot.
Difficult in flight

Well, it's simple. If you you create a 3-4 stops soft transition ND Grad, with the dark part on the top 1/3rd of the image, that would cover 90% of traditional landscape images.
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

You just place it on the spark top dark bottom light.  No need to adjust anything.  The only thing that gets adjusted is the camera up and down.
2017-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jose Ramos Posted at 2017-9-30 08:33
Well, it's simple. If you you create a 3-4 stops soft transition ND Grad, with the dark part on the top 1/3rd of the image, that would cover 90% of traditional landscape images.

But that would leave you with no option to alter the framing once in the air.
Since the location of the shift is fixed (once in the air).
I always have to adjust slightly based on the actual composition. That is seldom 1/3 sky 2/3 ground.
But then again, everybody has it's own style of course.
2017-10-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Madwand Posted at 2017-9-30 08:51
You just place it on the spark top dark bottom light.  No need to adjust anything.  The only thing that gets adjusted is the camera up and down.

Apparently I work a bit different with grad ND filters. First I make my composition and after that I adjust my filter to where the horizon happens to be.
That would not work once airborn of course, so therefor I was doubting how you would work.
2017-10-1
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

You keep trying to act like the Spark is a DSLR where the light can sometimes come from the side.  But the light is always (mostly) going to be top to bottom in a Spark because of it's elevation.  There is no need to rotate it, only to raise the camera up and down for composing.  Since the filter is graduated, you merely raise or lower the camera to darken or lighten the sky as needed.  It would work perfectly for airborne situations.
2017-10-1
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-1 02:02
Apparently I work a bit different with grad ND filters. First I make my composition and after that I adjust my filter to where the horizon happens to be.
That would not work once airborn of course, so therefor I was doubting how you would work.

If the grad filter is mounted on the drone not on the gimbal it would work. Even if you move the camera up and down, the drone is nearly horizontal all of the time. The slight tilt during the flight can be compensated by a soft gradation. Relatively _to_the_drone_ tho horizon is almost always in the middle.
2017-10-1
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-1 02:02

If the grad filter is mounted on the drone not on the gimbal it would work. Even if you move the camera up and down, the drone is nearly horizontal all of the time. The slight tilt during the flight can be compensated by a soft gradation. Relatively _to_the_drone_ tho horizon is almost always in the middle.
2017-10-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

_pk Posted at 2017-10-1 06:50

Now it's just a waiting game for someone to make this and test it out
2017-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules