863 9 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello, starting up the P4 for a mission i got the message to download a "precission landing" update! Because this was not imminent i started mission (DJi go4 controlled flight) anyway succesful, afterwards i tried to find back that "precission landing" update whitout succes.
Made a complete start up over again, but no more warning..something maybe i missed??
2017-9-29
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I think what you were seeing was a pop up that was saying the bird needed to update the system for precision landing to work as designed.
Part of the precision landing process is for the bird to record the landing area so upon return it will know exactly where to land.  
Refer to your manual for details
Basically:
Home Pt must be recorded
Take Off must be vertical and at least 7 meters up
Home Pt area must be relatively unchanged
Plus more for precision landing to work as defined.  Your warning may have been noting that it did no fulfill one of these and was needing an update to work.
2017-9-29
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-29 09:37
I think what you were seeing was a pop up that was saying the bird needed to update the system for precision landing to work as designed.
Part of the precision landing process is for the bird to record the landing area so upon return it will know exactly where to land.  
Refer to your manual for details

Sure, it must have been this, i was messing around a bit taking pics of Spark and P4 close to each other on low altitude, they never went higher than 3m(15ft), thanks for the answer!
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

JMR58 Posted at 2017-9-29 11:33
Sure, it must have been this, i was messing around a bit taking pics of Spark and P4 close to each other on low altitude, they never went higher than 3m(15ft), thanks for the answer!

Just keep at it. Everything will become more understandable and much easier, as time goes on.

Please post a pic of your pair of drones in mid flight... ;-$

RedHotPoker
2017-9-29
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

JMR58 Posted at 2017-9-29 11:33

No Problamo...
Drone On
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to re-install the APP and ensure the Internet connection to see whether it pops up.
2017-9-30
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-30 02:26
Please try to re-install the APP and ensure the Internet connection to see whether it pops up.

Hi Susan, did the re-install of the App and now i get a "Precise Fly Safe Database update" to do.
Did this firmware update and for now everything seems Ok.
Had to use the little usb-to-micro-usb cable(included with P4) to connect AC with tablet.

IMG_0050 (1).jpg
IMG_0051 (1).jpg
IMG_0052 (1).jpg
IMG_0053 (1).jpg
IMG_0054 (1).jpg
2017-9-30
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-29 14:57
Just keep at it. Everything will become more understandable and much easier, as time goes on.

Not so pleased with the result, but laying down the controllers to take a pic doesn't give you a comfortable feeling.
IMG_0588 (2).jpg
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

JMR58 Posted at 2017-9-30 03:35
Not so pleased with the result, but laying down the controllers to take a pic doesn't give you a comfortable feeling.

Not pleased? That pic is awesome, you did a great job of capturing it. Thank you.

It's not everyday, that we get to see two wonderful DJI drones in the same pics. Bravo

As long as they are well away from each other, and no obstacles in the way, you have the winning hand.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JMR58 Posted at 2017-9-30 03:35

Thanks for keeping us updated. The picture really looks great!
2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules