Mavic gimbal drift?
5432 20 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill Drones
lvl.4
United States

Hello, anyone else getting "gimbal drift" when they first start up their Mavic? Where the camera slowly pans (mine, always to the right), on its own? For mine, it seems to go away after it has been started for a minute or two, which makes the problem even starnger to me. I have tried all of the usual stuff - gimbal/IMU calibration, and most recent firmware

Any input is greatly appreciated!
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, you mean only the gimbal drifts, right? Did it also move during a flight and will the whole drone also pans? Is there any third-party accessory mounted on the drone? Please also calibrate the compass, if the problem persists, please help to provide a video for this case. Thank you so much.
2017-9-29
Use props
Six6Sics #666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164236 ft
Australia

YES, I suffer this exact fate too..... always to the right and ever so slowly.....
2017-9-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve had three different mavic and they all did the to the right slow gamble drift, it will drift even sitting on a table but it seems to get better after you get flying around a bit. I wouldn’t worry about it, I’m sure it’s got something to do with the normal startup....Thor is also correct about a good compass calibration helping...
2017-9-30
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Yup!GUILTY!
I noticed this when after I power it up waiting for GPS lock, I can see the video from my device that it's moving.
The good thing for me on this is almost all the time when I see this the GPS is getting locked. So it became my indicator.
2017-9-30
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, same here.  Didn't think much of it because it always centers and does not do it again.
2017-9-30
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Initially just slightly first before it gps locks in and fades away.
2017-9-30
Use props
Bill Drones
lvl.4
United States

Thank you all for the replies. It seems to be a common issue. Not sure it's even worth sending back to DJI, if I will just get another that does this too.

Hey Thor, yeah, I calibrate the compass before every flight (I'm a bit anal like that) and I still have this same issue. If there is any way to pass this issue along to the engineers, I (and I'm sure others) would appreciate it!
2017-9-30
Use props
Bill Drones
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-29 19:25
Just to verify, you mean only the gimbal drifts, right? Did it also move during a flight and will the whole drone also pans? Is there any third-party accessory mounted on the drone? Please also calibrate the compass, if the problem persists, please help to provide a video for this case. Thank you so much.

Forgot to reply to your message. Please see my message to you above this one.
2017-9-30
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah...mine does this too.  Got worse with .900, did it with .1000 and now with .0000.   Just a slight drift while sitting on the floor for a little while then it stabilizes.

LP
2017-9-30
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Mines fine on the ground.  Drifts slightly (usually left) once in the air.  Can sometimes stop it by yawing left/right a few times.
2017-9-30
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

Mine did that . Some one mentioned at a fotum to change iPad orientation , turn it 180 degrees due to interference with internal iPad compass . I try it and now seems like that the problem has been solved .
Got it a try
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bill Drones Posted at 2017-9-30 07:38
Forgot to reply to your message. Please see my message to you above this one.

Sorry for the late reply. Would you mind offering me a video for this case so it would be better for the assistance? Very appreciate your patience.
2017-10-9
Use props
Keith G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212995 ft
United States

I just had the same issue. About 10 flights total on a new MPP. Last 2 I noticed that the MPP is in a dead stable hover and the gimbal is edging left for no reason. All flight have been in the same location
2018-6-15
Use props
djiuser_RVMzmkp0gbeE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51273 ft

Keith G Posted at 2018-6-15 11:06
I just had the same issue. About 10 flights total on a new MPP. Last 2 I noticed that the MPP is in a dead stable hover and the gimbal is edging left for no reason. All flight have been in the same location

Have you fixed this? Mine does the same
2018-7-6
Use props
Keith G
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_RVMzmkp0gbeE Posted at 2018-7-6 18:06

NO. Going to a wide open field today to see if it is interference. Will advise
2018-7-7
Use props
Keith G
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_RVMzmkp0gbeE Posted at 2018-7-6 18:06

Not yet. Flying in a new spot today. Wide open. Will advise.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Keith G Posted at 2018-6-15 11:06
I just had the same issue. About 10 flights total on a new MPP. Last 2 I noticed that the MPP is in a dead stable hover and the gimbal is edging left for no reason. All flight have been in the same location

Do you have synchronized gimbal move turned on ?
2018-7-7
Use props
djiuser_RVMzmkp0gbeE
lvl.4

Keith G Posted at 2018-7-7 05:28
Not yet. Flying in a new spot today. Wide open. Will advise.

Thanks. Let me know how it goes. Mine DRIFTS in dronie mode too. Dose yours?
2018-7-7
Use props
Nikram19
lvl.4

Mine does it during flight too. Very annoying. No solution.
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nikram19 Posted at 2018-7-7 17:44
Mine does it during flight too. Very annoying. No solution.

Hi, sorry to know about this, have tried calibrating the gimbal? Are you getting any error message in the app? I would suggest as well downloading our DJI Assistant 2 then restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft afterward reboot the unit and re-calibrate the gimbal then check if you'll be getting the result.
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules