Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tony Dodds 1 Posted at 2017-9-29 10:37
These are the warnings I’m getting

And if you click on 'update now' it should guide you through what is required. If I remember correctly it's a file download to display device, and then connect display device to Phantom to upload that file to aircraft.
2017-9-29
Use props
Tony Dodds 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8163 ft
United Kingdom

Tried that but it says my iPad isn’t a compatible device
2017-9-29
Use props
Tony Dodds 1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Sorry not a supported device
2017-9-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tony Dodds 1 Posted at 2017-9-29 11:45
Sorry not a supported device

I got this same message a couple of hours ago, and it went through the process more or less as I'd described.

As part of the process you need to connect your iPad directly to the aircraft using the short USB socket to micro USB cable that comes with the P4. The iPad then passes its download to the P4. Reboot all and that should be it. When checking 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu, you will see the 'Precision Fly Database' has updated to V01.00.01.06.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Which iPad do you use? How about changing to another recommended mobile device?
2017-9-30
Use props
Tony Dodds 1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

iPad Pro 10.1
Ios 11
Tablet is less than 1 year old & was purchased purely for the drone
Have been advised it could be cable/lead fault, so bought a genuine apple lead but still nothing.
Can’t connect to update this issue
But strangely the drone connects to the iPad through djigo4 just has issues when trying to correct the issues I’m having
2017-9-30
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

You can try to connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 and do the update from there?
2017-9-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

It took maybe 5-6 attempts this AM to get the database updated (iPad Air 2 with iOS 11.0.1 and most recent GO 4).  Sometimes it would pause at 99%, then say "Completed," but next time out same thing about it needing the Update.   Then it began jumping: 1%... 2%..3%...4%..29%...72%... etc.  Restarting it did the same for a few more times.  After several attempts I guess it downloaded and installed correctly as I don't get the Update message anymore.

Fwiw, the I2 went smoothly yesterday without all the P4 hiccups today which struck me as very odd.

2017-9-30
Use props
andre.staehli.b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4313343 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-29 15:09
I got this same message a couple of hours ago, and it went through the process more or less as I'd described.

As part of the process you need to connect your iPad directly to the aircraft using the short USB socket to micro USB cable that comes with the P4. The iPad then passes its download to the P4. Reboot all and that should be it. When checking 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu, you will see the 'Precision Fly Database' has updated to V01.00.01.06.

Doesn't work and i tried this update thru Assistant 1.1.6 and i can do the update but only up to 1.00.01.05.
Which isn't the goal and the invitation to upgrade remains active on DJI GO4
What is wrong ?
2017-10-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

andre.staehli.b Posted at 2017-10-2 05:21
Doesn't work and i tried this update thru Assistant 1.1.6 and i can do the update but only up to 1.00.01.05.
Which isn't the goal and the invitation to upgrade remains active on DJI GO4
What is wrong ?

I've only done these database updates over the air, i.e. using the display device & DJI Go 4 (V4.1.12) with a good internet connection connected to the RC and all powered up. When prompted I just clicked on 'update now', then I connected display device directly to my P4 using the short OTG cable that came with the P4 (Full size USB socket to micro USB). If I remember it may have prompted again, when accepted it downloads and updates the file on aircraft. I believe there may also be a similar file for the display device. All of this is done with the aircraft powered up. I don't know if there are any time-outs in the process. But if it fails then reboot all and try again.
2017-10-2
Use props
andre.staehli.b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4313343 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-2 05:52
I've only done these database updates over the air, i.e. using the display device & DJI Go 4 (V4.1.12) with a good internet connection connected to the RC and all powered up. When prompted I just clicked on 'update now', then I connected display device directly to my P4 using the short OTG cable that came with the P4 (Full size USB socket to micro USB). If I remember it may have prompted again, when accepted it downloads and updates the file on aircraft. I believe there may also be a similar file for the display device. All of this is done with the aircraft powered up. I don't know if there are any time-outs in the process. But if it fails then reboot all and try again.

Thank you for answer. I did this update on my P4PRO+ with success, and the same procedure on my P4 doesn't work! P4 is out of support now and i suspect that isn't sufficient memory to get this update ?
If it is, i suggest that DJI stops with this annoying update on P4.
2017-10-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

andre.staehli.b Posted at 2017-10-2 06:18
Thank you for answer. I did this update on my P4PRO+ with success, and the same procedure on my P4 doesn't work! P4 is out of support now and i suspect that isn't sufficient memory to get this update ?

Mine was a P4 Std. that I updated.  It took several attempts to get it though (#11 above).  The other drone was an Inspire 2 and it went okay first time the day prior.  I said OK to update, shut down the GO 4 app, then unplugged it form the RC and into the P4 with the OTG cable from the iPad, restarted the GO 4 app and waited for the message to reappear which it did, hit OK to update again, and it took.

Least that's how I recall it., but it was finicky and took several tries as it went in jumps several times before it quit asking to update.  I often wonder if the updates are coming down properly as I have pinged the DJI servers at times and gotten bad packets or lost packets.  Some times of day are better it seems.
2017-10-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

andre.staehli.b Posted at 2017-10-2 06:18

Worked without problems on my P4 & Mavic. It should work. Although my P4 and RC/Display are on all the latest firmware software updates.
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules