2017-09-29 email video clip with iMini pad
686 9 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50830 ft
United States

I'm requesting help on how to email a editor video clip using the iMini pad. Creating the clip is not the problem, its finding where the email attachment is. I see the various icons at the bottom show Skypixel, FB, etc. including a Link icon. My software does not have a 'more' button to get to email. If I click on the 'Link' icon it does a upload but I haven't a clue where it goes. This video clip needs to be uploaded to a proofing site for clients. Maybe DJI has a video on this, but the Academy does not show how to download/attach a file to and email or what happens with a link.
2017-9-29
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Do you edit the clip using the editor in DJI GO ? Have you tried editing it with iMovie in the iPad, where you can find it and send it via email?
2017-9-29
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Have you set up an email account on the iPad in the email app?
Email is a function of the iPad, not DJI Go.
2017-9-29
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
United States

Second Officer, yes I did the editing in DJI GO 4 app, and I used my google account with my iMini pad. So is there a way email the clip from the DJI GO 4 app? I will tell you I'm new to apple products. I selected the iPad based to the reviews from the forum, so my learning curve is still a bit steep.  Thanks for all your help.
2017-9-29
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don't use the editor, so I just did a quick test, it appears it saves the movie to your camera roll.
So you should be able to compose a email and attach the video from within the email app. (long press on the email body, insert...)

however, a word of caution, emailing videos can be a problem, they are typically large and some mail servers won't allow them. It may be better to save to skypixel or some other hosting service and copy the link, then paste the link into your email.
2017-9-29
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
United States

PaulSouthport, thank you for responding.  Since I'm new to iPad, could you please explain, ' it appears it saves the movie to your camera roll' please. I don't know how to find that on the iPad. Thanks
2017-9-29
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

On your home screen, look for the icon with the multi-coloured flower - Photos

Or swipe down from the top of the screen (with no apps open) and type photos
2017-9-29
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
United States

PaulSouthport, thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to learn my iPad quickly.
2017-9-29
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No problem!
Install the youtube app from the app store - lots of tutorials on there for the iPad, and for DJI Go
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, have you figured it out? Please come back to us if there is more questions.
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules