Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do you get 25 minutes flight time?
5306 26 2015-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

The Phantom 2 Vision Plus has 25 minutes max flight time according to DJI's marketing:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/feature
I can only get up to about 15 minutes and that is with the claxxon warning going off. How close have you come to 25 minutes of flight time with a stock battery and how did you do it?

2015-4-6
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

That 25 minutes is under controlled conditions, which you will probably never see in the field.  I get between 15 to 17 or 18 minutes if I'm conservative.
2015-4-6
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Agree with Gerry.   Keys to longer flights; don't spend time hovering; some forward flight adds time due to what is caused transitional lift.  Flying against the wind takes away time but you can't fly with the wind all the time unless the wind changes just at the right moment.   Large control movements takes away time; be methodical with the controls and you get more time.

All that said; I don't think I've ever had but about 20-22 minutes on a flight with most, as Gerry mentioned are 15-17 minutes.
2015-4-6
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Agree with Gerry.   Keys to longer flights; don't spend time hovering; some forward flight adds time due to what is caused transitional lift.  Flying against the wind takes away time but you can't fly with the wind all the time unless the wind changes just at the right moment.   Large control movements takes away time; be methodical with the controls and you get more time.

All that said; I don't think I've ever had but about 20-22 minutes on a flight with most, as Gerry mentioned are 15-17 minutes.
2015-4-6
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Marketing numbers,  25 minutes flight time are mentioned in the base P2 Tech specs but is not mentioned in Tech spec of the P2V+. It only shows up in the marketing material and the printing on the box for the P2V+ as max or up to 25 minutes.
15-18 minutes average are more realistic numbers for the P2V+
2015-4-6
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

I usually get about 15 minutes before I get down around 30% battery and land
2015-4-6
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

15-20 minutes, at most. The higher number only comes with a brand new battery.
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Before I even opened the thread, I had the answer. I DON'T.

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

I am lucky to get 18 minutes.
2015-4-6
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I have 4 batteries all DJI - like all others I get @17-18 minutes before I get to the point where I wanted to land based on what the display showed.  One time I flew until the app told me to land like immediately, which I did, and that was @22 minutes of flight.  And I am by no means easy on the throttle or what I expect my dozbot to do when in the air when flying for fun.  Much different when I will fly for strictly video purposes.  I see much easier throttling (keep props out of video) and much easier turns (keep the legs out of video).  I'll report back if there is an improvement.
2015-4-6
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Launch Phantom, hover at safe altitude, switch to ATTI and let the wind take it away....just hope to God you can track it...
And seriously, relaxed flying, no camera running, no wind I can easily get 18-20 min and do see my battery minutes increase when I relax with the throttle..no camera weight or other paraphernalia you'd get 20+ on a good battery.
2015-4-6
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-7 04:50
Before I even opened the thread, I had the answer. I DON'T.

Jerry

+1

not even close!
2015-4-6
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-6
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-7 11:36
Well I for one think 17-18 minutes is perfect especially if I'm pushing for distance.
Heart rate is  ...

2015-4-6
Use props
2015-4-6
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-7 12:00
And Gerry I pushed it to 450 meters so I'm getting there.
3 hits of acid, a bag of weed,a snort of P ...

Your favorite song soon will be "8 miles high".
2015-4-6
Use props
2015-4-6
Use props
2015-4-6
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-7 12:19
Cleared for takeoff on 22 winds 180 at 8 straight out departure approved!

I,m gonna put the brakes on and he'll fly right by me!
2015-4-6
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

Well you all made me feel a lot better. It is not just my batteries or the way I fly. I am getting interested in third party batteries that can last longer if only DJI did not insist on pushing updates designed to brick them while not updating their own batteries.
2015-4-7
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-4-7 17:08
Well you all made me feel a lot better. It is not just my batteries or the way I fly. I am getting i ...

UMPA has a 6000 MaH battery that is working just fine.  That update for the batteries has been pulled.
2015-4-7
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-4-7 17:08
Well you all made me feel a lot better. It is not just my batteries or the way I fly. I am getting i ...

hmmm please explain the DJI pushing battery updates designed to brick aftermarket batteries, first time I hear of that. Details&facts please!
2015-4-7
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-4-7 21:54
hmmm please explain the DJI pushing battery updates designed to brick aftermarket batteries, first  ...

This: http://www.amazon.com/Limefuel-R ... s=phantom+2+battery

Read the reviews. The top one has the info at the bottom but others talk about the problem as well.
2015-4-7
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-4-8 01:14
This: http://www.amazon.com/Limefuel-R ... s=phantom+2+battery

Read the reviews. The top one has t ...

Dji did not "push" any battery firmware update it just made an firmware update for their batteries available and some folks had the bright idea to update their aftermarket battery with the firmware designed for their OEM batteries.  The updater will see it as an OEM battery since the aftermarket ones fake being an OEM one in order for them to work in the Phantom.  So who is at fault in such a case?  
DJI for trying to update what it sees as an OEM battery?
The aftermarket battery manufacturer for allowing incompatible firmware upgrades on their batteries?
The user for applying an update for DJI OEM batteries to an aftermarket battery?
2015-4-7
Use props
SuperSport
lvl.1

United States

It's the same as Auto Manufacturers.  RARELY will they ever get the advertised mileage.  They test on a flat track without wind, without stops, without traffic.  NOTHING like real world scenario.  On the phantom, I'm guessing 25 Mins MIGHT happen without gimbal, and flying very smoothly and at perfect temperatures, altitude, etc...
2015-4-7
Use props
SolarFlarin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14633 ft
United States

I'll post my video of my phantom flying just short of 3 miles on a waypoint mission with the speed set to 35 mph (which would be full upward right stick movement ) and I got over 17 minutes on a 5400 Limefuel knockoff with 10 cycles on it. Limefuel I can say for certain are reliable batteries for the Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 vision + . I also cut 56 seconds off the end of the video.
2015-7-21
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

I flew for 30 minutes one time, then I remembered to turn on the battery, no more margaritas that day. The guys are right on best you can hope for is 18 mins if it's a calm day and no wind. You can land switch batteries and go again... Just check the motors and make sure they are not to hot.
2015-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules