landing legs plus LEDs
1497 13 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hankmeister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19465 ft
United States

I order this accessory, I thought it would help see spark at a farther distance. I could not even liftoff, but a nose plant instead. Too much weight in front. Any others try this? I returned item. Almost kept it cause lights were small and high quality.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dji spark landing and lights SL1000_.jpg
2017-9-29
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw it (and even considered it for a short moment).  I decided against it because I didn't know how the spark would react to an imbalance of weight (I thought it would handle it, but wasn't sure), and because it's against regulations for a drone to fly at night without proper lighting AND FAA approval.  Sounded like a hassle to me.
2017-9-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

One does not need to buy every "cool looking accessoire" being offered for the Spark from third party retailers to be happy. Best investment in my view are additional batteries. I have six so far but consider "upgrading" to two or three more...
2017-9-29
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For visibility, get something like this and velcro it on to the spark, I use them on the Mavic and P4P they work great, white being the brightest option

https://carolinadronz.com/produc ... -for-your-uav-drone
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The performance might be affected after installing the third party accessories, please kindly note.
2017-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning!
2017-9-30
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool,but not for me.
2017-9-30
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

I'd suggest picking lighting up for a zmr250 racing drone and adapting it to a different landing gear design available to the spark. At least those, ubiquitous on eBay, would not have large housing. It could be dramatically lighter. Yours look very cool, I'd only be concerned about the weight, the drag - air coefficient while flying, and battery life will be affected. Be safe.
2017-9-30
Use props
Tom39
lvl.1
United States

I really like the legs with the rubber end, I am considering adding legs to raise my Spark off the ground so that it is easier for me to pick up and set down. I have had multiple surgeries which has limited my mobility and dexterity and just a little more height would help a lot. Do the legs in your opinion cause any flight disturbance? As for the lights, how much do they weight? My fear would be that the the extra weight and that it is unevenly distributed would cause additional battery usage.
2017-9-30
Use props
Hankmeister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19465 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-9-29 16:58
For visibility, get something like this and velcro it on to the spark, I use them on the Mavic and P4P they work great, white being the brightest option

https://carolinadronz.com/products/strobon-uav-strobe-light-for-your-uav-drone

Thanks for the tip on the strobe light. How did you attach it? Do you have detach it to charge it?
2017-9-30
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-29 13:55
One does not need to buy every "cool looking accessoire" being offered for the Spark from third party retailers to be happy. Best investment in my view are additional batteries. I have six so far but consider "upgrading" to two or three more...

I've got 4 batteries, figuring if I need to I can fly for about an hour and by then the first battery I put back on the charger will be ready to go.   But....are there any limits on how long you can fly Spark?  If it is on the ground  just long enough to change batteries is there a point where things start to heat up and fail?  Can you fly for ever or does Spark need time to cool off after a couple hours?   I guess you get to a certain point with accessories that only work for Spark that if you do get a fly away replacing just the Drone and one battery is a small percentage of your total investment.   Also raises a question, is there a secondary market for people who lost spark and just don't want to get another one?
2017-9-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-9-30 11:24
I've got 4 batteries, figuring if I need to I can fly for about an hour and by then the first battery I put back on the charger will be ready to go.   But....are there any limits on how long you can fly Spark?  If it is on the ground  just long enough to change batteries is there a point where things start to heat up and fail?  Can you fly for ever or does Spark need time to cool off after a couple hours?   I guess you get to a certain point with accessories that only work for Spark that if you do get a fly away replacing just the Drone and one battery is a small percentage of your total investment.   Also raises a question, is there a secondary market for people who lost spark and just don't want to get another one?

Unfortunately I do not grasp the background all of your questions, but the most important seems to be the one about how much flight time the Spark can cope with in a row without risk of "overheating". The same question was asked already a few days ago here in the forum and the response of one of the DJI support staff was that there is no such risk. I can't provide you the link right now, but if you read through the recent posts you will be able to find it.
2017-9-30
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hankmeister Posted at 2017-9-30 08:54
Thanks for the tip on the strobe light. How did you attach it? Do you have detach it to charge it?

For the Phantom , you can use this style of 3d printed holders

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strobon- ... Qty-2-/201953659142

You don't need to remove them for the AC to recharge them, but they just clip on anyway

On the mavic and spark just some velcro tape

2017-9-30
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-30 13:39
Unfortunately I do not grasp the background all of your questions, but the most important seems to be the one about how much flight time the Spark can cope with in a row without risk of "overheating". The same question was asked already a few days ago here in the forum and the response of one of the DJI support staff was that there is no such risk. I can't provide you the link right now, but if you read through the recent posts you will be able to find it.

Sorry to repeat the questions, I've been trying to read all the posts, but the Search Function when I look for something specific doesn't seem to work.  Still learning how to "google" on this forum.  Thank you!
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules