Indoor Flying
968 9 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Winter is coming soon and that means my Spark flying in Wisconsin will be quite limited, so I'm looking at buying a cheap drone to fly indoors. Something that is fun and will keep my flying skills skarp. Anyone have any recommendations?

Is something like this too big for indoors?
https://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-X400W-Headless-Quadcopter-Compatible/dp/B016BMBRUM/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1506728915&sr=1-4&keywords=drone+with+camera+live+video

I need a Spark Jr.

2017-9-29
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

If you are looking for something to fly inside I would recommend this.  Great fun.  

Blade Inductrix

There is also a FPV version.  I have both.  Very durable and repair/upgrade parts are easy to find.  There are bind and fly versions available with no radio as well.
FPV Version
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ha ha, I would prefer the Spark with Propeller Guards.
2017-9-29
Use props
PedramN
lvl.4
Iran

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-29 19:10

Yes. In full agreement, little sparky flies great indoor. Its VPS system performs perfect indoors and is very relible and accurate. In my experience, drones without VPS are very hard to control especially indoors and flying them is more headache instead of fun except you have lots of  experience  in fpv flying.
2017-9-29
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

PedramN Posted at 2017-9-29 21:41
Yes. In full agreement, little sparky flies great indoor. Its VPS system performs perfect indoors and is very relible and accurate. In my experience, drones without VPS are very hard to control especially indoors and flying them is more headache instead of fun except you have lots of  experience  in fpv flying.

The quad I linked is a completely different product than the Spark.  The Spark is a camera drone that is designed to be easy to fly and a very stable platform for the camera.  The drone I linked is not a camera drone and does take more skill and practice to fly. It is very small and designed to fly for fun indoors. It is very durable and can be easily repaired by the user if it is damaged and repair and upgrade parts are widely available.  It can be flown at almost full speed into a wall and it will not damage the wall and likely not the quad either.  That would not be the case with the Spark with or without prop guards.

Again the Spark is a completely different product designed for a different market and use.  I read the OP's post. Others may not have. He asked about an inexpensive alternative to the Spark that he could fly indoors.  I responded to that question.  The question was not asked if you can fly the Spark indoors.

ETA: OP, I have a quad of simalar size and function to the one you linked and I find it a bit large to fly inside just for fun.   I have racing drones and toy drones of various sizes and a Spark and a Phantom 4 Pro.  The one I linked is my favorate of those that I own to fly indoors in my house just for fun.  It is not for photography or video.  It is self leveling but does not automaticly hold position or hover in place like the Spark.  The one you linked as well as the one I linked both take more stick input to hold position and skill and practice to fly then the Spark and does not have the capibilities of the Spark.  I agree with the other posters that the Spark is much easier to fly and as far as I am concerned the Spark is in a completly different class as far as overall capabilities and camera functions.
2017-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-9-30 03:52
The quad I linked is a completely different product than the Spark.  The Spark is a camera drone that is designed to be easy to fly and a very stable platform for the camera.  The drone I linked is not a camera drone and does take more skill and practice to fly. It is very small and designed to fly for fun indoors. It is very durable and can be easily repaired by the user if it is damaged and repair and upgrade parts are widely available.  It can be flown at almost full speed into a wall and it will not damage the wall and likely not the quad either.  That would not be the case with the Spark with or without prop guards.

Again the Spark is a completely different product designed for a different market and use.  I read the OP's post. Others may not have. He asked about an inexpensive alternative to the Spark that he could fly indoors.  I responded to that question.  The question was not asked if you can fly the Spark indoors.

Thanks for the link!
2017-9-30
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

You are welcome.
2017-9-30
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-29 19:10

I have flown my Spark many times indoors with prop guards on. It's a hoot!
2017-9-30
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-9-30 14:57
I have flown my Spark many times indoors with prop guards on. It's a hoot!

Really, flying an aerial camera drone in your house is a hoot?  I can't think of anything more boring after you have done it once.
2017-9-30
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

HomePoint Posted at 2017-9-30 15:11
Really, flying an aerial camera drone in your house is a hoot?  I can't think of anything more boring after you have done it once.

When it's pouring the rain and there's nothing else to do, one takes one's hoot wherever he can.
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules