Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Low Nosie Quick Release Propellers
1073 12 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dopler Radar 7
Flight distance : 3202411 ft
United States

Just tried out the new low noise quick release propellers today on the original Mavic pro. They work very well. Very pleased.
2017-9-29
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

"Work very well" meaning they get the aircraft in the air as advertised, or work very well meaning that you can actually hear a large difference in sound?  I hear that a couple dB difference at the level we're talking is barely detectable if you're a human...?

Has anyone tried running these props with older pre-nerf firmware?
2017-9-29
Use props
JimmyC
First Officer
Flight distance : 65814 ft
United States

What makes them low noise? Did they increase the pitch of the blade and lower the blade speed? If they did could it make the esc's, motor's and battery work harder? Just asking, would like to know before I try and buy them.  Jimmy
2017-9-29
Use props
fans589cba4b
First Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

raining all day. cant wait to try tomorrow.
2017-9-29
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool; that's a positive feedback so far.

One of the lucky few to have in possession at this point.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for your feedback. Happy flying.
2017-9-29
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I got mine yesterday. I have not had a chance to try them.
2017-9-29
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

I received mine yesterday and worked fine...had to do a NFZ update and after that I was able to lift off for a quick test. It seems to me that at first thrust to lift off, it sounded about the same but once up and hovering I noticed it does have a slightly different pitch, tighter and cleaner. I was in narrow confines of the backyard so sound probably was more magnified than if I was in an open field. The difference is small but it does seem to have taken the edge off the original props noise level. About what I expected...the gold tips match the MP gold decals so that's a plus.
2017-9-30
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Pretty much everything here is placebo effect.  The only proper test ive found where someone actually measures sound levels n a semi controlled way found a 1db change in noise.  Which no human at all will notice (its debatable they'd notice 4db from the platinum yet alone 1db).
2017-9-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't wait to get mine with the new Platinum.
2017-9-30
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pumavic Posted at 2017-9-30 08:02
I received mine yesterday and worked fine...had to do a NFZ update and after that I was able to lift off for a quick test. It seems to me that at first thrust to lift off, it sounded about the same but once up and hovering I noticed it does have a slightly different pitch, tighter and cleaner. I was in narrow confines of the backyard so sound probably was more magnified than if I was in an open field. The difference is small but it does seem to have taken the edge off the original props noise level. About what I expected...the gold tips match the MP gold decals so that's a plus.

"difference is small but it does seem to have taken the edge off the original props noise level."

Basically what I'd expected. Minimal diff nonetheless.
2017-9-30
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2017-9-30 08:08
Pretty much everything here is placebo effect.  The only proper test ive found where someone actually measures sound levels n a semi controlled way found a 1db change in noise.  Which no human at all will notice (its debatable they'd notice 4db from the platinum yet alone 1db).

Yeah, after waiting a month for them to become available, possibly dealing with returns to Amazon/ebay scammers, and then having to check the DJI store 30 times just to find some in stock, the last thing a person wants to do is admit to themselves that it all made no difference.
2017-9-30
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2017-9-30 08:08

I have ordered mine (weeks ago!) and have my digital sound meter waiting.  I'll be flying it inside a room in identical flights and surroundings and uploading the results on here and to my YouTube channel.  If and when I get them.....  

Cheers,

Ian

https://www.youtube.com/IaninLondon
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules