12Next >
3162 46 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I guess our Ausie friends can worry less about their airspace control agency and law enforcement agencies from stopping them from using their UAVs.  It seems there is anohter Australian that is enforcing their own no fly zones, and it is tearing it up going about it...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bol ... -the-sky-1506701429

Seriously big raptor!

BN-VI577_0928AN_M_20170928225637.jpg
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Got any good news to report? ;-)

That would be refreshing, and welcome...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-29
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-29 16:38
Got any good news to report? ;-)

Hey what do I look like the good humor man

Besides, I thought that was your department...
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-29 16:40
Hey what do I look like the good humor man

Besides, I thought that was your department...

Yo. Yeah ok, let me grab a news bite....

Hang on to your drone.... Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

How about this, just seen at Interdrone 2017?
Head mounted display, seems pretty cool.

RedHotPoker

2017-9-29
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-29 16:46

that's very cool Though I'm an old school type I do love technology some amazing things we humans make.
2017-9-29
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Interesting...

Nice post juxtaposing my downer news
Keep up the good work!

However, be careful and remember I had another thread shut down because "Thread closed as it devolved and has become off-topic. Sorry OP."  So...bang on, but just realize the powers to be maaaay not like it...
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-29 16:56
that's very cool Though I'm an old school type I do love technology some amazing things we humans make.

It would suit my style, perfectly. I don't feel comfortable wearing a headset, where both eyes are covered, from the outside.  Plus I prefer to see all around my drone, not just through the lens of the onboard camera. But with an eyepiece that can be flipped up, out of the way, would be perfect.
Great too for lining up the perfect shot, or seeing what the video camera has going on.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-29 17:02
Interesting...

Nice post juxtaposing my downer news

I had requested something positive, you suggested that I bring it.

Guess I will continue to start my own threads. Not to tread lightly on other's delicate toes...

Anyway, they have been using trained eagles, to bring down RC drones in Holland, for several years already.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-29
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-29 17:11

Guess I will continue to start my own threads. Not to tread lightly I others delicate toes...

OH hey no skin off my butt, at least here on this thread.
You bring whatever good news you deem...I was simply pointing out that the lofty minded ones who run this kingdom have other ideas about topic integrity.

However, truth be told, I really think they only enforce it when it is beneficial to them not because it matters.
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-29 17:22
OH hey no skin off my butt, at least here on this thread.
You bring whatever good news you deem...I was simply pointing out that the lofty minded ones who run this kingdom have other ideas about topic integrity.

The number one thing is $ALE$.

Cheers. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-29
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-29 17:03
It would suit my style, perfectly. I don't feel comfortable wearing a headset, where both eyes are covered, from the outside.  Plus I prefer to see all around my drone, not just through the lens of the onboard camera. But with an eyepiece that can be flipped up, out of the way, would be perfect.
Great too for lining up the perfect shot, or seeing what the video camera has going on.

same here tried full FPV and just didn't like not having an eye on my drone. this would be killer though.

On the topic of eagles I try and stay far away from them. there are quite a few on my hunting property. so always scares me to fly at that location. I put a camera up in the tree of a nesting pair was using a bunch of years ago to catch the hatching of they're young, was awesome. Eagles are no joke I've seen them swoop down and carry off a groundhog. they would wreck a drone real good. I have found a few dead in my woods with gun shot wounds guess my neighboring property owners are to stupid to realize they are killing eagles.  the bid I have the most trouble from is catbirds they come right after the drone. Need some metal props do a little slice N dice
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-29 17:54
same here tried full FPV and just didn't like not having an eye on my drone. this would be killer though.

On the topic of eagles I try and stay far away from them. there are quite a few on my hunting property. so always scares me to fly at that location. I put a camera up in the tree of a nesting pair was using a bunch of years ago to catch the hatching of they're young, was awesome. Eagles are no joke I've seen them swoop down and carry off a groundhog. they would wreck a drone real good. I have found a few dead in my woods with gun shot wounds guess my neighboring property owners are to stupid to realize they are killing eagles.  the bid I have the most trouble from is catbirds they come right after the drone. Need some metal props do a little slice N dice

Carbon Fiber.... Hahaha

Anyone who knowingly shoots an eagle can be charged and convicted, pretty seriously too.

Yes, I like watching where my drone Is. Atleast until it disappears, thankfully my Lume Cubes keep it quite visible, at very much greater distances from "home plate"...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-29
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow I thought the culprits were kangaroos kicking them out of the sky.  
2017-9-29
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-29 17:58
Carbon Fiber.... Hahaha

Anyone who knowingly shoots an eagle can be charged and convicted, pretty seriously too.

Yep Id like to see who is doing it I've contacted our local game warden to come out and pick up the eagles. Not sure about Canada But here in the US state of Maryland your not allowed to touch them. I do my own taxidermy work and would love to have one for a mount but cant even get one that's dead, there is no permit that would allow me to posses it. The game warden is watching the properties so hopefully he catches to person doing it.
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-29 18:16
Yep Id like to see who is doing it I've contacted our local game warden to come out and pick up the eagles. Not sure about Canada But here in the US state of Maryland your not allowed to touch them. I do my own taxidermy work and would love to have one for a mount but cant even get one that's dead, there is no permit that would allow me to posses it. The game warden is watching the properties so hopefully he catches to person doing it.

Poachers are bad enough, killing just for the heck of it is ridiculous.

I hope there are no more killed, making it difficult to prosecute.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-29
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-29 17:11

Guess I will continue to start my own threads. Not to tread lightly I others delicate toes...

Not to stray too far off topic, but I have to admit that I sort of miss Mickey.  Your avatar has evolved a lot.
2017-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-9-29 21:57
Not to stray too far off topic, but I have to admit that I sort of miss Mickey.  Your avatar has evolved a lot.

Surely you must be kidding? Hahaha

I have a new avatar in the works, that needs to be seen, to be believed. Chuckles

Waiting for the right time and place to reveal it, on you.... ;-)

I'll have to turn the computer on, to load it. Maybe this weekend...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I can relate to the main topic at hand here this is a screen shot of eagle having a go at my drone luckily for me he decided to back down. But i wont fly there again
Screenshot_20170916-151331.png
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-9-30 03:34
I can relate to the main topic at hand here this is a screen shot of eagle having a go at my drone luckily for me he decided to back down. But i wont fly there again

Not all birds are Angry. Hahaha
image.jpeg

Some are only furious no I meant curious.. ;-)
Have fun, enjoy your drone.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Lol i would have been furious if that bird had turned my drone into a $3000 paper weight
2017-9-30
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-9-29 21:57

No please let's stray...I'd almost like to see if this thread gets shut down for it
2017-9-30
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-9-30 03:34

Nice shot
Sooo, did you see the attack coming or noticed later on tape/photos?
2017-9-30
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-30 03:41
Not all birds are Angry. Hahaha
[view_image]

RHP
Nice pic
but I'm gonna call that photoshopped either that or a nice play on depth of field...
2017-9-30
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-9-30 04:10
Lol i would have been furious if that bird had turned my drone into a $3000 paper weight

I'm right there with you, I would have been very upset...

I'm always looking out for raptors and try to give them a wide birth.  However, those guys can be fast and come out of no where.  There eyesight is so much better than ours.
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-30 09:20
RHP
Nice pic
but I'm gonna call that photoshopped either that or a nice play on depth of field...

Yes, well you need a decent camera and proper lens set up...

I suppose anything can be done, even on your handy flat bed scanner....

But, certainly not impossible. Just takes practice and often good luck. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

This drone pic won a photography award. image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2017-9-30
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-30 10:12
This drone pic won a photography award.[view_image]

I assume the award pic was the first one.  I can certainly see why, it is magnificent!  Raptors are so awesome and majestic.  They are the reason I love to fly.
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-30 10:31
I assume the award pic was the first one.  I can certainly see why, it is magnificent!  Raptors are so awesome and majestic.  They are the reason I love to fly.

Yes, the first pic was taken by a drone camera...

Epic, or just awesome? Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-30
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-30 10:59
Yes, the first pic was taken by a drone camera...

Epic, or just awesome? Ha

Epic & Awesome!
2017-9-30
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-30 09:19
Nice shot
Sooo, did you see the attack coming or noticed later on tape/photos?

I saw the bird come straight at the drone but it was all over so fast didnt have time to react except to say out loud oh f&$# what the hell just happened lol im so glad it decided not to attack i would have been devastated as the drone was only about 2 weeks old when that happened and at that altitude there wouldnt be much left of the drone if it were to hit the ground
2017-9-30
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

That is an amazing shot you just never know whats going to happen or what you will get to see whilst flying i guess thats part of the attraction we all have in flying our drones
2017-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-9-30 15:31
That is an amazing shot you just never know whats going to happen or what you will get to see whilst flying i guess thats part of the attraction we all have in flying our drones

Yes, it's truly a work of natural art, in my eyes. As if they are flying together, even though they are strangers.
The bird became very famous, through this captured pic.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-1
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-1 02:49
Yes, it's truly a work of natural art, in my eyes. As if they are flying together, even though they are strangers.
The bird became very famous, through this captured pic.

I would love to get a shot like that one day but to be honest i dont really think i want a predator that close to my drone i think i would be having a heart attack if i saw that. the eagle that had a go at my drone came way to close for my liking i wont fly there again
2017-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-1 21:46
I would love to get a shot like that one day but to be honest i dont really think i want a predator that close to my drone i think i would be having a heart attack if i saw that. the eagle that had a go at my drone came way to close for my liking i wont fly there again

Yes, I understand how that feels. I had a similar event, with a small bird, last year. Too close for my drones comfort.
They own the space, we are only freeloaders....

RedHotPoker

2017-10-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

$750-800, what the heck?
2017-10-2
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

WOW that picture is amazing Brother. takes a set of stones to fly in close enough to one of those to cast a shadow on it.
2017-10-2
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-10-2 17:27
WOW that picture is amazing Brother. takes a set of stones to fly in close enough to one of those to cast a shadow on it.

I'm betting it was the other way around...raptor flew in on the drone
2017-10-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-2 17:36
I'm betting it was the other way around...raptor flew in on the drone

Absolutely, and that bird looks like a Wedge-Tail Eagle, they can have a wingspan up to 9 feet, and are one of the largest in the eagle species, native to Australia. I am veery lucky to have them in the part of the countryside where I live. They usually get around in pairs, and one pair has a nest somewhere close to me. In warmer weather, I can often go outside, look up and see the two of them riding thermals above me. I once had an eye-to-eye encounter with one off the side of a cliff where it was hovering in the updraft, nearly stationary and only about 20 feet away from me. It was well aware that I was watching it, but was not bothered.
2017-10-2
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-2 19:32
Absolutely, and that bird looks like a Wedge-Tail Eagle, they can have a wingspan up to 9 feet, and are one of the largest in the eagle species, native to Australia. I am veery lucky to have them in the part of the countryside where I live. They usually get around in pairs, and one pair has a nest somewhere close to me. In warmer weather, I can often go outside, look up and see the two of them riding thermals above me. I once had an eye-to-eye encounter with one off the side of a cliff where it was hovering in the updraft, nearly stationary and only about 20 feet away from me. It was well aware that I was watching it, but was not bothered.

Very neet!

BTW - How's the recovery going, doing OK?
2017-10-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules