Travel to the Middle East and south east Asia with my Spark!
2810 11 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kmorris
New
Canada

Hey guys! I'm so new to this traveling with a drone, I'm going all over the Middle East and south east Asia with my DJI spark and I had a few questions I hoped someone could answer

I'm from Canada, to register my drone to take over seas with me does it have to be registered in Canada? I've already registered it with the FAA but I thought that was only for America?

In every country I go to do I have to register it if I want to fly it? I looked into Sri Lanka and Egypt and the websites were so confusing on how to get permission to fly!

Since I registered with the FAA and have a UAS certificate number does that have to be put on my drone while I travel or would I have to have it registered in Canada and put that certificate number on my spark?

And lastly what kind of papers do I need to bring with me invade I'm asked about it?

Thank you so much!!!
I hope it wasn't too confusing

2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can learn the drone regulations of the countries which you are going to. http://www.dji.com/flysafe

2017-9-29
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Forget the Middle East

Only 2 places ( Kuwait and Dubai ) you can get a drone with you. In Kuwait, there is no regulations yet, therefore, you need every time you fly to get a permission from the ministry of interior!

Maybe Lebanon also you can but not sure. Other Middle east countries NO WAY!
2017-9-29
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

In Egypt you are not allowed to enter with a drone.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Forget the Egypt. As for the Sri Lanka, you can contact the local CAA to check more details.
2017-9-30
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

Be careful, in Egypt it is absolutely forbidden to enter a drone. I returned from Sharm el Sheikh last week. I was lucky that they did not see it when I entered, but when I left the country they found the batteries in my hand luggage (the drone was in checked baggage) and what caught their attention was the RC. They had me like 10 minutes wondering if the batteries and RC were for a "flying thing". I was telling them that the RC was for a toy, for a videogame... and they even asked me to link RC with laptop to prove it was true... I finally tricked them and went through, but I'm afraid if they had found the drone they would have kept it, and maybe they would have fined me. Egypt is a complicated country, and I'm not taking any drone there again.

Perhaps this document can help you to pass check points where the same controllers are not clear about the regulations: https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/ca ... lithium-battery.pdf

Cheers
2017-9-30
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Do you plan to go to Israel?
In Israel you can enter with a drone, many Israelis own drones and I don't recall anyone having trouble if they fly by the rules. 50m max alt, 250m from populated areas, daylight only, VLOS at all times.
There are restrictions of course.
Jerusalem to the best of my recollection is restricted entirely.
Can't fly north of lattitude 33N or in the Golan Heights for security reasons (too close to Lebanon and Syria). Can't fly anywhere above the West Bank and Gaza Strip, obviously...
Can't fly 2KM from airports, and there are some restricted areas above and around sensitive infrastructures (army bases, power stations etc.)
Can't fly in some of the nature reserves - for the safety and well-being of wild animals which get scared by drones.
A map can be found here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/vi ... .33360425389935&z=7
2017-9-30
Use props
Kmorris
New
Canada

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-9-30 04:01
Do you plan to go to Israel?
In Israel you can enter with a drone, many Israelis own drones and I don't recall anyone having trouble if they fly by the rules. 50m max alt, 250m from populated areas, daylight only, VLOS at all times.
There are restrictions of course.

No unfortunately! i wish i was, Im going to Dubai, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Thailand and then south east asia
I can't find much on those countries and when i do find info its not very straight forward..
2017-9-30
Use props
Kmorris
New
Canada

Nemroig Posted at 2017-9-30 00:12
Be careful, in Egypt it is absolutely forbidden to enter a drone. I returned from Sharm el Sheikh last week. I was lucky that they did not see it when I entered, but when I left the country they found the batteries in my hand luggage (the drone was in checked baggage) and what caught their attention was the RC. They had me like 10 minutes wondering if the batteries and RC were for a "flying thing". I was telling them that the RC was for a toy, for a videogame... and they even asked me to link RC with laptop to prove it was true... I finally tricked them and went through, but I'm afraid if they had found the drone they would have kept it, and maybe they would have fined me. Egypt is a complicated country, and I'm not taking any drone there again.

Perhaps this document can help you to pass check points where the same controllers are not clear about the regulations: https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/passenger-lithium-battery.pdf

Interesting.. what kind of drone do you have?
Mines the spark and it's tiny, but i guess a drone is a drone. damn that sucks it's the second country ill be going to so i guess i won't be bringing it at all on my trip
2017-9-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Kmorris Posted at 2017-9-30 21:49
Mines the spark and it's tiny, but i guess a drone is a drone. damn that sucks it's the second country ill be going to so i guess i won't be bringing it at all on my trip

If you know a safe address in Sri Lanka you could ship your Spark and RC there via courier from Dubai before going to Egypt. You would just need to check what best to do with the spare batteries.
2017-9-30
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

Kmorris Posted at 2017-9-30 21:49

I have a spark too.
2017-10-1
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-29 23:10
You can learn the drone regulations of the countries which you are going to. http://www.dji.com/flysafe

Thanks for sharing.
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules