Migrating Flight Records From iOS To Android (Without Sync)
1229 3 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Metal450
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459 ft
United States

Hi all,

I've been using my Mavic on iOS for awhile, and am making the switch to Android.  I'd like to migrate over my flight data, *without* having to upload it all to DJI's cloud.

I've been successful in pulling over all the records by extracting them from the iTunes backup (they're in var/mobile/Applications/com.dji.pilot/Documents/Flight Records) and just copying the .txt files to the Android's internal storage/DJI/dji.go.v4.  It takes the app quite awhile to read/parse them, but eventually, all the flights do appear in the app.

The only thing that's missing are all the thumbnails, which I'd really like to get moved over as well.  In the iTunes backup, these are stored in var/mobile/Applications/com.dji.pilot/Documents/.mediaLibrary and/or var/mobile/Applications/com.dji.pilot/Documents/.mediaLibrary.Cache.  When I take new photos on the Android, they appear in CACHE_IMAGE, but the naming convention within there is completely different (as is the overall directory structure in general).  I should note that my flight logs do show where photos were taken, but they just all appear "blank" - so presumably I just have to put the files wherever this app is looking.

Has anyone managed to successfully do a migration like this, without having to upload all the records of every flight to DJI?

I should also mention that I was using DJI Go 3 on iOS, but it's now DJI Go 4 on Android.  Maybe if someone has an iTunes backup of DJI Go 4 on iPhone, its directory structure will match what I'm now seeing on Android...?
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm just curious, why do you not upload to DJI server?
2017-9-29
Use props
Metal450
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-29 23:57
I'm just curious, why do you not upload to DJI server?

That wouldn't transfer the thumbnails anyway, but the answer is just because I prefer to keep my personal data personal & off-cloud.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Metal450 Posted at 2017-10-2 19:42
That wouldn't transfer the thumbnails anyway, but the answer is just because I prefer to keep my personal data personal & off-cloud.

Noted with thanks! Good luck.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules