RC and Extender Batteries
805 10 2015-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

How far do you let your RC and Extender batteries discharge before putting them on to recharge? Is it good for the batteries to charge them after every use, even if it's only for a one battery flight? I have the latest RC with the gimbal wheel.

2015-4-6
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

If only one battery flight it is doubtful you used enough to need a charge.  That being said, I fully charge EVERYTHING before every flight.  I usually fly for four batteries.  The Tx takes about half an hour to charge after that.  The ext. takes at least half a charge (2 hours).
2015-4-6
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

After a one battery flight, I'm not worried about running out of juice. Just wonderin if I could be doing any damage to the LiPo in the extender by recharging after every flight. I've read where you're not supposed to top off LiPos and I'm not sure if that would be considered "topping off". Yeah, I'm stuck not able to fly because of the wind today.
2015-4-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

smatchet42@hotm Posted at 2015-4-7 04:22
After a one battery flight, I'm not worried about running out of juice. Just wonderin if I could be  ...

I usually charge after every 1 or 2 flights for the tx and the extender.  I've had them since last may.
2015-4-6
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

Thanks, guys. I'll keep doing what I've been doing, charging every time I return from flying, one battery or four.
2015-4-6
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

smatchet42@hotm Posted at 2015-4-7 04:31
Thanks, guys. I'll keep doing what I've been doing, charging every time I return from flying, one ba ...

I should clarify that - I charge before I go out, not when I come home.  So whatever charge is off the batteries I know they are not sitting there fully charged.  The Tx and Ext that is.
2015-4-6
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

The other question is, is there an issue with charging EVERY TIME you want to use them.  There is nothing in the manual about this like there is regarding the smart batteries.
2015-4-6
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-4-7 04:37
The other question is, is there an issue with charging EVERY TIME you want to use them.  There is no ...

For me, the Tx probably not.  But the Ext., after 4 batteries is at least if not more than half gone.  So I would definitely need to charge that.
2015-4-6
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-7 04:34
I should clarify that - I charge before I go out, not when I come home.  So whatever charge is off  ...

I fly mine just about every day, so it's not setting very long fully charged and not being used.
2015-4-6
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

Does the Tx have a LiPo or Lithium Ion cells? I've never paid attention when I saw a pic of one open.
2015-4-6
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

smatchet42@hotm Posted at 2015-4-7 04:56
I fly mine just about every day, so it's not setting very long fully charged and not being used.

I wish I could fly every day.  The temp was great today and sunny most of the day...but a good, stiff wind that did not get forcast.  Part of living in the mountains I guess.

Tx if it is the new version, LiPo.
2015-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules