Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updated DJI Go 4 app and can't sign in
23094 38 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hioctane Cyrus
First Officer
Flight distance : 45289 ft
United Kingdom

I've just updated to the lastest version of the app on ISO and it wont let me sign in, so I can't fly!
I get the sign in page, enter my email address but it wont let me put my password in!
I tap on where it says password and nothing, no keyboard or anything!
I'm supposed to be using it in 90 mins!
HELP!
2017-9-30
Use props
Hioctane Cyrus
First Officer
Flight distance : 45289 ft
United Kingdom

Panic over!
After restarting the app several times it's now worked.
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Glad to hear that, in case of it happens again, you can reinstall the APP, happy flying!
2017-10-8
Use props
poolfalcon
New
United States

I can't sign in because the app doesn't recognize my account name (even though I have confirmed that my account exists).  The app keeps telling me to create an account, but I have an account.  When I try to create an account, I get an error:  Registration Failed / Unknown Network Error.  Very frustrated!  I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times, and also restarted my phone.  Nothing helps.
2017-10-22
Use props
fansf04048ad
New

Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-8 23:20
Glad to hear that, in case of it happens again, you can reinstall the APP, happy flying!

I am having the same issue with not being able to connect ever since my latest update I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software three different times on three different days at three different locations and still nothing. I am traveling and I am missing the most beautiful scenery because my darn Matic won't work. I can fly it within a few feet through WiFi I suppose but it will not connect it will not hook up the satellites it will not recognize the telephone now they say it's a cable I tried the USB cable, that didn't work. I am at my wit's end with this unit I only use it maybe once every four to six weeks and every time I use it I have the same problem I have to upload software which cost me money because I'm always in the field when I go to use it which is absolutely ridiculous it was working fine the last time. I'm seriously looking at selling my mavic this is ridiculous. I have an Android phone a Galaxy Samsung S5 Neo and it worked fine before the update I actually bought this phone just because my GS3 was not compatible with their software. Now it seems my new phone is no longer compatible either. If I was to add up how much of this cost me per hour to fly this unit I would probably fall

Signed... Frustrated!!
2017-10-26
Use props
fansf04048ad
New

Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-8 23:20

I am having the same issue with not being able to connect ever since my latest update I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software three different times on three different days at three different locations and still nothing. I am traveling and I am missing the most beautiful scenery because my darn Matic won't work. I can fly it within a few feet through WiFi I suppose but it will not connect it will not hook up the satellites it will not recognize the telephone now they say it's a cable I tried the USB cable, that didn't work. I am at my wit's end with this unit I only use it maybe once every four to six weeks and every time I use it I have the same problem I have to upload software which cost me money because I'm always in the field when I go to use it which is absolutely ridiculous it was working fine the last time. I'm seriously looking at selling my mavic this is ridiculous. I have an Android phone a Galaxy Samsung S5 Neo and it worked fine before the update I actually bought this phone just because my GS3 was not compatible with their software. Now it seems my new phone is no longer compatible either. If I was to add up how much of this cost me per hour to fly this unit I would probably fall

Signed... Frustrated!!
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

poolfalcon Posted at 2017-10-22 15:15
I can't sign in because the app doesn't recognize my account name (even though I have confirmed that my account exists).  The app keeps telling me to create an account, but I have an account.  When I try to create an account, I get an error:  Registration Failed / Unknown Network Error.  Very frustrated!  I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times, and also restarted my phone.  Nothing helps.

Sorry to hear that, have you got it resolved? If not, please provide me with a screenshot of the error message and your DJI account email, I'll check it for you.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansf04048ad Posted at 2017-10-26 09:13

Signed... Frustrated!!

Could you please provide us more details of the connection issue? Can you connect the Drone to the RC? Please provide some screenshots or a short video about this issue.
2017-10-26
Use props
poolfalcon
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-26 22:49
Sorry to hear that, have you got it resolved? If not, please provide me with a screenshot of the error message and your DJI account email, I'll check it for you.

How am I able to post the screenshot for you? I've sent a PM to you with my email address as well.  I'm still having the problem.  
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

poolfalcon Posted at 2017-10-31 20:27
How am I able to post the screenshot for you? I've sent a PM to you with my email address as well.  I'm still having the problem.

Could you please post a screenshot here? Like this,   1.png
2017-11-1
Use props
poolfalcon
New
United States

Here's a screenshot of the error message.  I don't have a problem logging in on my desktop computer.  Thanks for your help.

Error message on login

Error message on login
2017-11-3
Use props
fans0c78fd45
New
United States

Im @#$ too... now I can't F@#$ fly?!  WTF?
2017-11-5
Use props
fans0c78fd45
New
United States

ME TOO - DONT THEY TEST THIS @#$.
2017-11-5
Use props
kara-jane
New

New Zealand

I have the same problem but i can enter email and password but when I enter the verification code it fails.  I says network error or wrong code entered.  Iv downloaded the app 3 times on my iphone 6, again on my iphone 7 and also on my Ipad and all have failed.  Can anyone help
2017-12-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

kara-jane Posted at 2017-12-25 18:13
I have the same problem but i can enter email and password but when I enter the verification code it fails.  I says network error or wrong code entered.  Iv downloaded the app 3 times on my iphone 6, again on my iphone 7 and also on my Ipad and all have failed.  Can anyone help

DJI had server problems today with the rush of new users from Christmas.  As of writing this, they supposedly have it fixed.
2017-12-25
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

This isn’t going to help the poor iOS App Store rating 2.2/5 or the 2.8/5 google play rating
2017-12-25
Use props
David_
lvl.4
United States

The problem is not that their servers went down. The real problem is the completely artificial, made up requirement to login! DJI obviously cares far more about collecting your data and regulating what you do with your property than about the customer.
2017-12-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

David_ Posted at 2017-12-25 23:41
The problem is not that their servers went down. The real problem is the completely artificial, made up requirement to login! DJI obviously cares far more about collecting your data and regulating what you do with your property than about the customer.

You have the option to fly using pilot app so no data can be collected, you can also opt not to sync your flights, so only problem you have is choosing which.
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-26 06:20
You have the option to fly using pilot app so no data can be collected, you can also opt not to sync your flights, so only problem you have is choosing which.

New customers may not know that.
1. No features or capabilities should be disabled because someone at DJI decided they wanted them to be disabled. The drone belongs to the customer, not DJI
2. If a code change would have allowed someone to fly their drone, then that code (i.e. login requirement) should have never been there blocking them in the first place.
2017-12-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

David_ Posted at 2017-12-26 09:47
New customers may not know that.
1. No features or capabilities should be disabled because someone at DJI decided they wanted them to be disabled. The drone belongs to the customer, not DJI
2. If a code change would have allowed someone to fly their drone, then that code (i.e. login requirement) should have never been there blocking them in the first place.

You only need to login once and you are clearly told when activating you are also told of restrictions if you don’t sign in, there is nothing vague about it , if you then don’t want your data recorded you can fly using pilot app or choose not to sync your flight.
You also have the choice to return your drone, you are also required to do the same with other drone manufacturers including go pro karma.

Remember you must also sign into Facebook twitter and most other apps to use them including paid apps. Again we have more of the hysteria crew putting half the case forward to create confusion.
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-26 10:30
You only need to login once and you are clearly told when activating you are also told of restrictions if you don’t sign in, there is nothing vague about it , if you then don’t want your data recorded you can fly using pilot app or choose not to sync your flight.
You also have the choice to return your drone, you are also required to do the same with other drone manufacturers including go pro karma.

Here, I'll simplify things: Under no circumstances should inability to login prevent a customer from being able to fly their drone. More generally, nothing should stop a customer from using a product they own other than real, physical limitations like a dead battery or physical damage. Arguments about what the customer should or shouldn't know about different, random caveats are clearly secondary to the simple truth stated above.

DJI should remove all artificial limitations and they will suddenly not have these situations where something as irrelevant as servers going down prevents new customers from using their $1,000+ product. I don't know how this isn't obvious...
2017-12-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

David_ Posted at 2017-12-26 11:00
Here, I'll simplify things: Under no circumstances should inability to login prevent a customer from being able to fly their drone. More generally, nothing should stop a customer from using a product they own other than real, physical limitations like a dead battery or physical damage. Arguments about what the customer should or shouldn't know about different, random caveats are clearly secondary to the simple truth stated above.

DJI should remove all artificial limitations and they will suddenly not have these situations where something as irrelevant as servers going down prevents new customers from using their $1,000+ product. I don't know how this isn't obvious...

It obviously doesn’t seem to bother you your still flying, if you had the strength of your convictions maybe you would move on but there 99.5% of people quite happily flying their drones your just flogging a dead horse here.
It’s a very old argument and most have moved on get over it.
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-26 11:07
It obviously doesn’t seem to bother you your still flying, if you had the strength of your convictions maybe you would move on but there 99.5% of people quite happily flying their drones your just flogging a dead horse here.
It’s a very old argument and most have moved on get over it.

I interpret your statement as, "Yes, DJI is doing something wrong. Get over it." That's great that you don't care but that isn't the issue. I want to hear the feeble justification, from DJI, as to why it's ok that their new customers find themselves in situations where they drive for ours only to find out their drone is bricked because of a (login) restriction DJI artificailly created. I know they don't have a valid argument but I want to hear them at least make the attempt to exaplin it. Again, nothing should stop a customer from using a product  they own except for real, physical limitations like a dead battery or  physical damage
2017-12-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

David_ Posted at 2017-12-26 13:24
I interpret your statement as, "Yes, DJI is doing something wrong. Get over it." That's great that you don't care but that isn't the issue. I want to hear the feeble justification, from DJI, as to why it's ok that their new customers find themselves in situations where they drive for ours only to find out their drone is bricked because of a (login) restriction DJI artificailly created. I know they don't have a valid argument but I want to hear them at least make the attempt to exaplin it. Again, nothing should stop a customer from using a product  they own except for real, physical limitations like a dead battery or  physical damage

It came in when russian hacked firmware did as DJI's response to attempt to get everyone using software versions created without the previous vulnerabilities.
That's the reason it was rushed in.
I'm not commenting on how well it was implemented or how effective it is.

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... nd-firmware-updates
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-26 14:52
It came in when russian hacked firmware did as DJI's response to attempt to get everyone using software versions created without the previous vulnerabilities.
That's the reason it was rushed in.
I'm not commenting on how well it was implemented or how effective it is.

That's DJI's problem. Not mine. Now it is my problem because DJI artificially made it my problem. Nothing should ever stop you from flying except for real, physical issues like a dead battery or a broken propeller.
2017-12-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

David_ Posted at 2017-12-26 15:13
That's DJI's problem. Not mine. Now it is my problem because DJI artificially made it my problem. Nothing should ever stop you from flying except for real, physical issues like a dead battery or a broken propeller.

Well it looks like other drone manufacturers are following suit. There is no real difficulty in doing this just write it into your preflight checklist , I remember apple had a problem with servers being down one Christmas , they just apologized and the sky never fell in. Again as I said your flogging a dead horse here, and dji are not going to rehash your problem here. If I felt as strongly as you about it I would never use their drones again. The reason most people have accepted it is because it wasn’t the big deal conspirators were making it out to be. Sign in once your done fly using pilot app no problem with data privacy. But most don’t mind syncing their flights, so most don’t see it as a problem.
2017-12-26
Use props
Vince20001
lvl.1
Canada

I've been trying to register my Spark now for hours!!!  I've downloaded the app several times on several different devices and no matter which I get stuck in a loop of information entry and I'm no closer to actually using my drone!!!!  HELP
2017-12-26
Use props
David_
lvl.4
United States

This is really simple. DJI is taking its problems (i.e. the FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto you, the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, altitude limits, etc.). Technically, you are better off having as many options as possible. DJI's log-in-or-you-can't-fly policy is just one of the many ways DJI is limiting those options for their sole benefit. Do you really own your aircraft or does DJI own it?
2018-1-2
Use props
thunderbyrd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241188 ft
United States

David_ Posted at 2018-1-2 19:35
This is really simple. DJI is taking its problems (i.e. the FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto you, the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, altitude limits, etc.). Technically, you are better off having as many options as possible. DJI's log-in-or-you-can't-fly policy is just one of the many ways DJI is limiting those options for their sole benefit. Do you really own your aircraft or does DJI own it?

I agree and I'm freaking sick of it, $1500 and can't fly and record with the DJI GO app since I got it! 4 days ago.  Many hours researching forums and uninstalling and re-installing the app.  It's a freaking joke and I've had it, I have no choice but to send it back. The problem is when the app opens and I go to sign in I can't because it doesn't present me with a keyboard.  Only the tap to speak option and you can't enter your password with it.  The whole thing just sucks, no one should have to pend this much time just to use a product I paid $1500 dollars for.  It's useless. If no correct fix tonight I'm packing it up and it goes back tomorrow morning asap.
2018-2-13
Use props
PhantomGhost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 803350 ft
United States

I’ve not been able to login through the Go 4  app in weeks.  No problems going through the web - however. But the App doesn’t show a sign in link when I select “Me” then the “gear” icon in the upper right.  If I select “Me” then “DJI Forum” I have to select “DJI” Forum” a second time and then I see the Login Failed screen. Then when I then select the Login link at the upper right it does nothing. Any one else have this problem or know how to resolve it.
Thanks in advance.
2018-3-7
Use props
Lee Moon
First Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

PhantomGhost Posted at 2018-3-7 21:05
I’ve not been able to login through the Go 4  app in weeks.  No problems going through the web - however. But the App doesn’t show a sign in link when I select “Me” then the “gear” icon in the upper right.  If I select “Me” then “DJI Forum” I have to select “DJI” Forum” a second time and then I see the Login Failed screen. Then when I then select the Login link at the upper right it does nothing. Any one else have this problem or know how to resolve it.
Thanks in advance.

Try signing in by accessing your flight records on the main screen via the 3 horizontal lines icon in the upper right corner.  It should prompt you with a login screen.  Then you can go into the forums, etc.  It's not intuitive to need to log in that way, but it's been working for me for some weeks now.  Hope that helps.
2018-3-8
Use props
PhantomGhost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 803350 ft
United States

Thanks so much for that - I really appreciate your help.   It worked perfectly.
2018-3-10
Use props
Dave Efurd
New

United States

App is horrible. Please fix
2018-6-27
Use props
djiuser_VYBCJwZsoDoK
New

United States

What do I do, I can’t sign up for DJI pro 4 app on iOS
2020-9-10
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Could you sign up before update or not? Very curious that i can sign up here on iOS. Its Go app latest version. Do you have the same message as in previous post?

2020-9-12
Use props
djiuser_jEhogvoVhb8J
New

United States

I had the exact same problem and I was thinking "I'm not even going to be able to fly my new drone...."
However something happened, and it all the sudden worked. (DJI Mini 2)
I first downloaded the app in the manual and it kept saying that I couldnt log in with phone or email... it said my password was incorrect (then I would click the forgot my password link only never to get the emails.... so I say ok, let's log in with my phone number, so I tried and got to the next page.... it said create a password and enter in the text that is in the box and so I did and clicked next.... BOOM shut down once again saying invalid email... It didn't even ask me for my email!!!
HOW I FIXED IT----> I said screw that app I'm going to download another app from dji technology and see if that one works. I get to the log in part and try to log in, it says incorrect password... I pressed create new account and entered in my other email and created an account on that app.... so that got me thinking...  
2021-9-26
Use props
djiuser_jEhogvoVhb8J
New

United States

..... maybe my account on this app will work on the other app and VUALA!!!! Thank you God!
2021-9-26
Use props
fans7e06e8b1
New
Flight distance : 486 ft
Australia

I've signed out of my account on my Phantom 4 pro plus i.e. controller has the screen attached but when I restart it tells me to sign in but it says network unavailable - check your internet connection
Nowhere on the initial start up of controller is there a settings icon for me to connect to the internet - any ideas
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7e06e8b1 Posted at 12-13 15:26
I've signed out of my account on my Phantom 4 pro plus i.e. controller has the screen attached but when I restart it tells me to sign in but it says network unavailable - check your internet connection
Nowhere on the initial start up of controller is there a settings icon for me to connect to the internet - any ideas

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. To get to the Settings and connect to WiFi, please swipe your screen from the top to bottom, tap on the Settings icon, and then go to Wi-Fi and connect to the network. If it doesn't work, kindly provide a short video showing the operation for confirmation. Kindly keep us updated. Thanks for your cooperation.
2022-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules