Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FOCUS is a MALFUNTING PRODUCT & CUSTOMER SERVICE MAKES IT WORSE
1781 9 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lemon AV
lvl.1

Spain

So here's our story:
After lot's of research and comparison on follow focus' we decided to go for the DJI FOCUS. Even though wireless follow focus are expsensive products, DJI's option look reasonable at first glance, good build, nice motor size, a handy controller and clase included. That's all we needed.

So we purchased the kit and used it for several shots over the first 2 months. Then one day, the motor was dead. No reacting to calibration and a weird internal noize. Oh well, bad luck we thought, no worries though, it's brand new so we'll contact DJI and just ask for a replacement, like with any other expensive gear that is purchased for proffesional use. Well this is the case with other manufacturers but not with DJI. First one contacts the support service via email; 2-3 days later someone replys with truisms: "Are you sure the motor is on?" "This is how you calibrate a motor..." "Please check your firmware update". And this is when fustration begins, one would expect a proffesional and serious response on the other side, right? such as a conversation between a professional product supplier and production companies that offer high end services, which is why they decided to purchase a product like a follow focus. But no, DJI SUPPORT teams acts as you are a total dumb user that doesn't have a clue of what one's doing and hasn't spent time reading the manual.

After battling several emails back a forth, they ask us to send a video. They finally accept there's a problem; open an oline case to send over the motor. No chance of getting a replacement, even insisting on every email about it. This request is tottally ignored.
Then one goes through the repair progress, and extremely long wait, 1 month at the service centre in Netherlands.

And the motor comes back, do a few tests, work with it for a couple of days and the gone agian. Are you kidding me? No, the product has barely been used for 2 weeks and it's gone again.

One more time, contact the support team at DJI, go through the whole dumb questions again, even when we sent a new video on our first message. We even waited for a few extra days after misteriously, some of our reply emails had not gone through.

And here we are, 6 months after we've purchased the product, with 2 RMA and probably less then 10 days of work with this product.

SO MY QUESTIONS ARE:

· Is the DJI FOCUS really a wireless follow focus to be used in multiple setups or is it more like an accessorie limited to be used with the RONIN? And this question is related to powering the motor as it seems like the D-TAP P-TAP connector should never be pluged in directly to a battery.
· Will DJI attemp to improve their customer service for professionals that expect more from them?

DJI might be great for their drones, but I can assure you that I will be staying away from their products in the future, now knowing the terrible consecuences if something goes wrong with them. So keep this in mind for the next time. One kills the price for professionals in exchange for having a terrible customer service.

2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The situation has filled us with regret, we do apologize for the unpleasant experience you've been caused, we understand it's really frustrating.
Would you please provide us your case number? We'll look into the whole story and get back to you soon.
There is still room for improvement, we will keep learning to provide you more professional service.
2017-10-1
Use props
Lemon AV
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-10-1 00:34
The situation has filled us with regret, we do apologize for the unpleasant experience you've been caused, we understand it's really frustrating.
Would you please provide us your case number? We'll look into the whole story and get back to you soon.
There is still room for improvement, we will keep learning to provide you more professional service.

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your reply. The new we've created is: CAS-989278-M7K1V9. And our history case from the past repair is: CAS-763192-F9X0T5       

2017-10-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Lemon AV Posted at 2017-10-4 02:38
Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your reply. The new we've created is: CAS-989278-M7K1V9. And our history case from the past repair is: CAS-763192-F9X0T5

Has your case been handled?  Were you able to resolve everything ok?
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Lemon AV Posted at 2017-10-4 02:38
Hi Natalia,

We've seen the Focus has been repaired and shipped out, hope you will receive it soon.
We will not charge from you if there is malfunction, really sorry for the trouble caused, we will feedback to our management to keep improving the quality of our products and customer service to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-10-10
Use props
Lemon AV
lvl.1

Spain

I don't know what's going on with DJI, this feels like a really bad joke.

We only just got the device back a couple of weeks ago, and today was the first day we were going to put it back into use and it's still malfunctioning. It was supposed to have been repaired at DJI's EU-HQ. I will be posting a video later today once we have it back in out office.

You can't believe how frustrating this situation really is!!! And DJI is not willing to replace this piece of equipment and their repair process is useless!
2017-10-26
Use props
Lemon AV
lvl.1

Spain

Here's a video of our UNrepaired devide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhf0wm ... sues_case3.mp4?dl=0

As you can see on the video, there is inaccurate precision on the motor's movements and response to the wheel drag, you can also notice lag and jerks once reached either of the ends. Totally unacceptable to be used in professional environments.
2017-10-27
Use props
Lemon AV
lvl.1

Spain

And once again. DJI's email support team has asked me to check my firmware to see if this could be the issue. Absolutely unbelievable, no continuation on our case, just start from the dumb questions from the beginning again and just keep the problem ahead a few more days.
2017-10-31
Use props
Lemon AV
lvl.1

Spain

So here is the last tests done for our 3rd case: CAS-1179856-Y4N9T9

After setting the device and doing the requested tests by the support email team, we did a full focus run, from 0% to 100%. As the controller wheel is pulled smoothly; motor turn is inaccurate and with no precision.  It moves irregularly, with fast jitter turns counterclockwise and counterclockwise. You can also see on the screen how the percentage bounces around as well. These jitter turns from the motor are more intense when closer to 0%, and decrece when reaching 100%. Although even next to 100% it isn't smooth either.

VIDEO: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7y7p69 ... finaltests.mp4?dl=0
2017-11-3
Use props
Guidonne
New

Argentina

I had FOUR (4)!!!! motors burnt up during warranty period. I even bought  second motor to deal with between those time-consuming replacements which involved sending the motors from Argentina to USA. A fifth time , just after warranty period, and here we are... now they want to charge me $210 for a replacement. Should I spend that amount, plus international shipping and Customs... to see it just burn up again in the near future? I have to admit, I was expecting to see a Version 2 Motor replacing the defective ones (undoubtedly a defective design) ... but they simply phased out the product. Do they just expect customers to slowly accept being abandoned by such a big company like DJI is? And giving the gear for kids to play? Apparently... yes.  
2018-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules