Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone in gesture mode drops down below eye level
947 5 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reveldevil
lvl.1
United States

Hello:

I recently started to notice my Spark seems to sound s bit lathargic (the blades don't sound like they are spinning as fast as they use to, especially at take off) when starting off in gesture mode.  When it takes off from my hand it drops down a half a meter and hovers around my chest area no longer looking at my face.  If I bend down, use my hand, I can get it to respond to my gestures and even get it to fly back for picture mode...and come back to land back in my palm.  The drone seems to fly ok outside of this issue.  I'm just concerned that this behavior seems to make me think the drone is some how "sick" or needs some sort of maintenance.  This occurence happens when even using a freshly charged battery.

Anyone else experience this issue?  

Thanks,

Andrew

2017-9-30
Use props
reveldevil
lvl.1
United States

One thing I'm consistantly noticing when I wave my drone to come back to me, it comes to me but below my eye level.   Is the camera in control of recognizing my gestures?  If so, perhaps maybe my gimbal might be having some issues?
2017-9-30
Use props
reveldevil
lvl.1
United States

Or perhaps my Spark needs recalibration?
2017-9-30
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

This issue has happened to me a few times, but not consistently.  I attributed it to the vision system not getting a clean lock on my face, and then lowering itself to where it detects the ground.  One way to possibly test this is to try this where your background offers a major contrast between your face and the background.
2017-9-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine does this all the time.  It's never caused a problem, so I don't worry about it.  When I begin palm control, I can gesture it back up and it stays put.  I thought it was a safety thing set up by DJI, not wanting to decapitate. I don't notice a difference in power or tone of the drone.  I should say, I've had my Spark since early June and have never had a problem with it.  
2017-9-30
Use props
reveldevil
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your feedback.  After testing this issue in different environments (shade/sun), indeed it seems to be somewhat hit or miss.  Didn't seem to be an issue before though...although I've only had the drone for a couple months now.  Will keep an eye on this behavior and see if it remains consistent or if anything changes (better or for worse).
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules