Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi friends!
I have a P4 and it was very crazy after the last update, so I needed to roolbabk to the last stable firmware to continue my flights.

Now I have a new brand P4P, and I am afraid to update it and get all the negative issues I got on my P4.

My question is, I will have any issues like P4 updating my P4P?
What is the last firmware version do you use in the remote control and in the aircraft wich keeps a safe flight and nice behavior?
* PS - I have a P4P with no screen onboard

I appreciate if you could help me.
2017-9-30
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

Don't update!!!....many many problems my friend!....check this forum to see all issues with the update.
2017-9-30
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

I dont get it. I've gone through about 7 phantoms since the 1st came out and probably a few hundred firmware updates and have never had a single issue with any firmware update on any single drone.
make sure nothing is around metal, or electronics and don't touch anything until it's done. after its done recalibrate the compass and imu and gimbal and you should be good to go.
2017-9-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

The issues on mine startet with AC on current 01.04.0602 over 3 months ago.

What version does your AC have?
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

fans589cba4b Posted at 2017-9-30 08:16
I dont get it. I've gone through about 7 phantoms since the 1st came out and probably a few hundred firmware updates and have never had a single issue with any firmware update on any single drone.
make sure nothing is around metal, or electronics and don't touch anything until it's done. after its done recalibrate the compass and imu and gimbal and you should be good to go.

I have not had a problem updating firmwares either. At some point you are going to have to go through this process. If you are having a problem, you can always use the Assistant 2 software to complete this process. Also, the remote is more exclusive to the app.
2017-9-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-30 15:14
I have not had a problem updating firmwares either. At some point you are going to have to go through this process. If you are having a problem, you can always use the Assistant 2 software to complete this process. Also, the remote is more exclusive to the app.

The latest firmware for the P4 is widely recognised as being exceptionally dodgy - numerous posts here about it, with even DJI now acknowledging it.
The latest firmware for the P4P, on the other hand, appears sound and does not have the same issues as the latest P4. It is low risk to upgrade to. Just don't forget to upgrade the RC too, and expect to have to do a manual re-link between RC and P4P.
2017-9-30
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

I am on 01.02.0304 and is good to fly.
2017-10-1
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

DJI Go is 4.0.8, excellent
2017-10-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-9-30 15:37
The latest firmware for the P4 is widely recognised as being exceptionally dodgy - numerous posts here about it, with even DJI now acknowledging it.
The latest firmware for the P4P, on the other hand, appears sound and does not have the same issues as the latest P4. It is low risk to upgrade to. Just don't forget to upgrade the RC too, and expect to have to do a manual re-link between RC and P4P.

"The latest firmware for the P4P, on the other hand, appears sound and does not have the same issues"
Please what latest? mine P4P with the + RC has had way of problems since end of June when it was almost new.

I did finally downgrade after some month of no news, is htere anything for the AC (P4P) newer than this?

FW before downgrade

FW before downgrade
2017-10-1
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Thanks a lot to all!
My aircraft is on 01.03.0509 and my RC is on 01.03.00.00+
DJI Go is on 4.1.9

Are these firmwares good to fly?
2017-10-1
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

My P4P is up to date with all the newest and latest firmware/DJI Go (IOS) and I have no problems at all. Actually with the latest firmware my horizon is spot on and everything works great! The ONLY real bug I have right now is that the latest version of DJIGo doesn't report the battery serial numbers correctly to Airdata..
2017-10-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-1 07:02
"The latest firmware for the P4P, on the other hand, appears sound and does not have the same issues"
Please what latest? mine P4P with the + RC has had way of problems since end of June when it was almost new.

Aircraft Firmware : V 01.04.0602
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0

This is the latest non-Plus firmware, and it's working well for me. As reported here too, horizon integrity has been improved. But I note that you have the Plus - I can't speak for the quality of the Android build for that RC.
2017-10-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-1 16:01
Aircraft Firmware : V 01.04.0602
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0

Thank you, that was what i thought, it was just your reply that made me wonder if i had missed something. I'll just stay downgraded and offline for as long there is no great news.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules