Sport mode still not working
3283 34 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

CAS-1048069-Q9D5C1 CRM:0674000001464 (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=111108&fromuid=1067285)

Just got the NEW remote back from DJI after waiting a month for them to replace it because the SPORT button was not doing anything.

Fired up the new remote and paired it with the Spark.  Did not attach a device.  Flew it in normal mode across the yard, ok.
Switched it to Sport mode, flew it across the yard, no change, still in normal mode.  Still in obstacle avoidance.  

If I hadn't bought a pile of accessories, I'd return it.  So now that I'm stuck with it, now what?

sport error

sport error
2017-9-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you selected multiple flight modes you must do this while spark is powered up?
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Did you read my first thread?  THERE IS NO SUCH SETTING.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=111108&pid=935936&fromuid=1067285

2017-9-30
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Bad spark unit you had to send and your spark with the remote
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-30 09:21
Bad spark unit you had to send and your spark with the remote

You work for DJI?
Because they told me not to.  
2017-9-30
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

No I don't work....But dji has bad history in replace and service items....Some times they repair something and the user power up the spark and there is another problem appears...Or some times user reports that the receive back a unit that is not fixed a all ...search this forum you can find tons of horror stories....
2017-9-30
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Tell them your problem is not fix and to send and the unit for evaluation.,
2017-9-30
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Think your self what are the possibilities to replace a faulty controller with another one with the same problem???The posibilites are very low ...so the problem must lies in spark....Its common sense...
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-30 09:32
Think your self what are the possibilities to replace a faulty controller with another one with the same problem???The posibilites are very low ...so the problem must lies in spark....Its common sense...

I'd appreciate it if you do not know the answer, if you'd stop spamming up my thread with irrelevant posts.  You clearly have not read the initial thread I referred you to or you would know better.  Common sense.
2017-9-30
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

I am aware your frustration I am trying to help you .Put you brain in working condition and try to think....that's all..And make a research in this forum...
2017-9-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Madwand, I would post this over on your original thread.  That way there is some continuity to your posts and you will get better information.
2017-9-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Madwand Posted at 2017-9-30 09:19
Did you read my first thread?  THERE IS NO SUCH SETTING.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=111108&pid=935936&fromuid=1067285

Did I read your thread YES I DID. your rude and obnoxious and I read all of your first post , I’m sorry I gave you the wrong answer,
You don’t deserve an answer good bad or indifferent. Good day.
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

I posted it here because too many people convoluted the thread without bothering to READ as they are doing here.  That is the reason I linked to it in the first line.
2017-9-30
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Madwand Posted at 2017-9-30 09:47
I posted it here because too many people convoluted the thread without bothering to READ as they are doing here.  That is the reason I linked to it in the first line.

I a trying to help whats on with beginner mode?is it off?
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-30 09:46
Did I read your thread YES I DID. your rude and obnoxious and I read all of your first post , I’m sorry I gave you the wrong answer,
You don’t deserve an answer good bad or indifferent. Good day.

So if you read my post, why did you tell me to do something you already knew I couldn't do?  Don't blame me  for being rude when you are wrong.  It was very clear that I do not have Multiple Flight Modes settings, yet you told me to enable them.  I do not need people telling me to do things they know I cannot do.
2017-9-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Madwand Posted at 2017-9-30 09:53
So if you read my post, why did you tell me to do something you already knew I couldn't do?  Don't blame me  for being rude when you are wrong.  It was very clear that I do not have Multiple Flight Modes settings, yet you told me to enable them.  I do not need people telling me to do things they know I cannot do.

Your rude to everyone.

No one is more insufferable than he who lacks basic courtesy.”
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-30 09:51
I a trying to help whats on with beginner mode?is it off?

I posted this already.  IT IS OFF.
2017-9-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

How about switching back to a Android?
If it works there, like before, how about to reset everything and start fresh with you iOS?
2017-9-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Madwand I read the responses by our other DJI employees.   My question to you is now that you recieved the new controller back have you updated the firmware on the RC and the Spark?  What phone are you using.  I do not remember seeing that information.  Is the App current on it?  I have never seen that warning on my Spark and I have been flying it since before the introduction.  Have you tried another device?  One of the posts in your prior thread indicated the differences between Android and iOS.  
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

My question to you is now that you recieved the new controller back have you updated the firmware on the RC and the Spark?  
All firmware is up to date.

What phone are you using.  I do not remember seeing that information.  Is the App current on it?  
Android S7 Edge with current app as of 2 days ago.

I have never seen that warning on my Spark and I have been flying it since before the introduction.
Yet it exists.  And no one at DJI has a clue what I'm talking about when I tell them.

Have you tried another device?  
Apple Mini 4 with 2 day old app.  Same screen above shows.

One of the posts in your prior thread indicated the differences between Android and iOS.  
I'd need you to be more specific, I can't remember which you mean.   I had just bought the Mini for this drone and it (sport mode) never worked from the start of using it.

Really what I need is for someone from DJI to step up and take responsibility for the fact that I no longer have Multiple Flight Modes option and I know I had it before (and other people keep talking about it).  If I am getting an error that says I need to select it, then sure as hell, the fact that I don't have it is the problem.  Why will no one from DJI admit that is the problem?  8 hours with them on the phone and now they have replaced the RC saying it was defective and they still won't admit that no Multiple Flight Modes is the issue...
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-30 09:57
Your rude to everyone.

No one is more insufferable than he who lacks basic courtesy.”

No, only to people who don't listen and try to tell me things that they know I already know.  You spend 8 hours on the phone with DJI refusing to admit the problem, then wait a month for a swap (because they lost track of it) and then you  might have a clue why I don't need you telling me what you knew I already knew.  If you'll notice, Tahoe Ed made an effort to ask reasonable questions and read my prior messages.
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-9-30 10:07
How about switching back to a Android?
If it works there, like before, how about to reset everything and start fresh with you iOS?

I AM on android.  It doesn't work there, that's what this is all about.  My iOS was brand new and has the exact same menus, I couldn't start any fresher.
2017-9-30
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25791 ft
United States

Madwand Posted at 2017-9-30 12:02
I AM on android.  It doesn't work there, that's what this is all about.  My iOS was brand new and has the exact same menus, I couldn't start any fresher.

Hey man, i'm trying to play nice guy here.

I will put it to you why you are getting bad responses.

When typing on this forum and other forums even...especially with the redundancy of issues and devices... we must catalogue our situations and the things we've tried like a file organizer.

Situation 1)
Android/DJI Spark/No Multiple Flight Mode/Sport mode switch on

situation 2)
Apple Mini/DJI Spark/Multiple flight mode/etc...

(Those were not meant for your particular situation, just trying to represent how it can be tried)

When we type our problems in a paragraph, the person on the receiving end is putting it all together in their head (1, 2, 3, 4)...they're categorizing your different situations.  WHen we forget a detail, we must scroll back through the paragraph to find where left off....

its just difficult to communicate on here.  I guarantee you if you numerically order the different situations and how they differ...it will be a little easier.

Seriously, I really want you to have a good day and hope the best for you man!
2017-10-14
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Well, my point about the Multiple Flight Modes is that I had it as an option on my android phone when I got the drone in August.  Then when the Sport mode no longer worked, I also no longer had MFM on the menu.  They can say it is not on there all they like, but I did have it at one point when the sport mode was working, I saw it in the menu just as the picture in my other thread shows it.  I thought my first post on this thread was pretty clear, there's a picture showing that I have to "enable (something) in main control settings."  All they had to do was tell me what to enable.  Having other people such as hallmark007 ask me if I enabled Multiple Flight Modes confirmed to me that was the something that I needed to enable.  I give credit to DJI_Thor for realizing and confirming that the data they read was incorrect and I believe it was also he who had my case escalated after a month of DJI messing around.  I appreciate that.

Multiple Flight Modes in the menu before the problem.  A FACT.

2017-10-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

That's interesting!
You are on an android device?
Interesting, I saw this setting, on android, AFTER the big compulsory update the first time.
You lost it with this update. (?)

I checked just 5 min ago, my DJI Go4 is showing it.

But:
Looking on the last picture, you send:
That was taken with a not connected bird, right?
RTH-Altitude set to 0 is, if I remember DJI comments to that topic right, not possible.
Do you see the switch, if not connected to Spark, maybe?
Which could narrow the Spark ('s firmware?) as @fault?

Which version of DJI Go 4 is on your device?
Did you try to  de/reinstalling, already?

How about trying an older version, to confirm the problem or to see what ir is about
2017-10-14
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Android
No, I lost it at the end of August when i started this topic. DJI says you can't have that in your device.
No, you can't enter the flight menu without a drone connected (AFAIK).

2017-10-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-15 06:27
Android
No, I lost it at the end of August when i started this topic. DJI says you can't have that in your device.

'No, you can't enter the flight menu without a drone connected (AFAIK).'

Yep, but you can be IN the flight menue and disconnect the drone then.
Changing the batterie would do such thing.
And before its back on to RC, ......!

But anyway, I just got this after the update, the PAF remarks and the switch for MFM.
Before there was nothing.
And if I switch it to the left, Sportmode is not available.

How about checking with a Spark owner in your area or with the dealer, who sold it to you.
Or did you buy online?

2017-10-15
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Bought it from DJI.  They are "working" on it.
2017-10-15
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-15 06:27
Android

On iOS (which I understand you are NOT using), you can definitely be in the flight menus when you are not connected to the drone at all.  I do this quite frequently.  I did it again to double check right before posting this response.  The problem with this is that the menus and settings are not 100% correct for the aircraft until you actually connect to a drone.  So what you see while disconnected is NOT what you will see when you are connected to an aircraft.

Looking at your screenshot, I see 2 things that don't look like normal items I would expect to see when connected to a Spark.  First is your "Multiple Flight Modes" item you have been discussing.  The other is the 4th icon down on the left showing "HD".  This is not a normal icon in a Spark menu.  In the Spark menus, this would be an icon for WiFi connections.

I'm not a DJI technician, but in my humble opinion, what you are seeing on this screenshot is likely a red herring to your actual issue of not being able to get into Sport mode.

Unfortunately, I don't have any good advice regarding your actual problem, but I wish you the best of luck in trying to get it resolved.

2017-10-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-15 17:31
On iOS (which I understand you are NOT using), you can definitely be in the flight menus when you are not connected to the drone at all.  I do this quite frequently.  I did it again to double check right before posting this response.  The problem with this is that the menus and settings are not 100% correct for the aircraft until you actually connect to a drone.  So what you see while disconnected is NOT what you will see when you are connected to an aircraft.

Looking at your screenshot, I see 2 things that don't look like normal items I would expect to see when connected to a Spark.  First is your "Multiple Flight Modes" item you have been discussing.  The other is the 4th icon down on the left showing "HD".  This is not a normal icon in a Spark menu.  In the Spark menus, this would be an icon for WiFi connections.

Maybe I'm not getting the point here.
But on Android, HD shows "OTG-connection to RC"

4051.jpg

What I think, the screenshot is showing, that RC is/was not connected to the aircraft.
Because it is so black in background

Edit:
Actually: Is it a screenshot?
Or only a pic from a manual of other drones, maybe?

Edit 2:

Ok, got it.

It's from another forum, so not a screenshot from OP

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... light-modes.100241/
2017-10-15
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-10-15 17:53
Maybe I'm not getting the point here.
But on Android, HD shows "OTG-connection to RC"

My main point was that if you aren't connected, the menus aren't correct.  So what he was showing in the screenshot of post #24 is likely a red herring and not related to the actual issue of not being able to switch to Sports Mode.

SIDE DIVERSION:  I don't have an Android to look at.  Are you saying that on your Android, you see HD on the left and "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" when you are connected to the Spark?
2017-10-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Madwand, have you tried a OTG cable?

Sorry if you wrote that somewhere, but I do not know, if this EMFM shows up without.
Haven't connected via wifi for quite some time

How does this settings section looks @ pilots devices with a wifi connection  RC-Device?
2017-10-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-15 18:07
My main point was that if you aren't connected, the menus aren't correct.  So what he was showing in the screenshot of post #24 is likely a red herring and not related to the actual issue of not being able to switch to Sports Mode.

SIDE DIVERSION:  I don't have an Android to look at.  Are you saying that on your Android, you see HD on the left and "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" when you are connected to the Spark?

The pic I posted is a screenshot from yesterday.
Connected to the Spark
As I wrote, if connected with OTG there stands a HD.

And if I switch the green button to the left, Sports Mode is unavailable

(Sparks remote would only need the hardware switch PAF, methinks ;-)
2017-10-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

So my thoughts are:
OP needs to connect via OTG and a (different? I am on OP5) android device, to have the switching option.
And after he switched it back "ON", never touch that again, maybe even dont see that again, but fly happily ever after.

But can it be so simple?
2017-10-15
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

The picture showing MFM is not my picture, but was only posted to show that it is or has been an option, even though DJI says it is not and will not explain themselves.  I obviously can't have my own picture of it since I no longer have MFM.

The red picture I posted is mine with Spark connected, showing I do not have the MFM mode that DJI says I cannot have, but other people say I should.

I have used both Android and iOS with same results.

I have used OTG in the past, but for the purpose of this thread, why would I try something now that DJI does not authorize and will not comment on?  OTG should have no bearing on whether Sport mode works or not.

The first picture in this thread shows an error message that no one has ever seen and is what anyone reading this thread should be focusing on.  I'm not trying to be offensive here, but if you do not know what that error means, then you cannot know how to fix this problem. It's most likely a hardware problem anyway.
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules