DJI goggles, somatic control & Phantom 3
1137 2 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damo555
lvl.1
United States

Today I discovered that my recently purchased DJI goggles only provide a live view - they cannot control the gimbal or yaw through head movements as with the Mavic or Phantom 4. In the DJI manual they call this 'somatic control'. This is a deal-breaker for me as I bought them primarily for this 'somatic' capability. I'm going to take them back. Luckily I discovered this less than 30 days after I bought them. I'm very annoyed that this was not made abundantly clear when I was purchasing, both by the dealer AND the DJI website. Has anyone else had this experience?
2017-9-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

I can use DJI Goggles for Head Track on Mavic and P4 Pro Plus.
HEAD TRACKING [1]

Your head movements control both aircraft yaw and camera tilt in Head Tracking Flight mode as with remote controller sticks. All you need to do
is turn left or right to yaw left or right, and straighten your head to stop turning. In Head Tracking Gimbal mode only the gimbal will move without affecting yaw.

2017-9-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a comprehensive list in the Goggles Manual showing the aircraft that the goggles can control. The P3 is not amongst them.

So it looks as if your refund is your only option at present. But to be honest the biggest gain is just in having the FPV totally visible in all detail. And they would come into their own should you ever buy a compatible aircraft in the future.
2017-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules