Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video lag
6078 16 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I know I 'm hoping desperately that new fw and sw will help, but, at present my spark is U/S because video feed lags by up to 20 secs and is scrambled, on my motorola phone and samsung tablet. They probably aren't approved, but they used to be fine.
But any one have any idea why it's ok about 10 % of the time,especially for a minute or two after switching on?
2017-10-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I had that with my LG G4.
Permanent lag, but really long, up to 20-30 seconds only on one "difficult" location, a reservoir on the dam, lots of steal, also some other interferences possible.
Mostly it went direct black, on other locations. ;-)
2017-10-1
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

I was going to post about this.  I have a new Spark with RC, iPhone 7, everything is updated on the AC but I have not recently updated to new iPhone software because of issues Ive seen posted.  Video lags and skips, It makes me think I'm going to loose connection so I always immediately fly back when it occurs which is making flying less than enjoyable.  Anyone else having similar problems or have a fix?  Do I have anything to worry about with it lagging like I'm going out of range?  Im only about 500ft out when its occurring but after already losing one Spark I'm very cautious.  I worry if I push it when it starts lagging Its going to have a total disconnect like I recently had.  
2017-10-1
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine used to do this. Huge lag. Un flyable. Got a newer, faster phone. Did all the updates. Since then no problems.
2017-10-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Glad you're sorted! What phone might I ask?
2017-10-2
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try turning off video caching in the DJI Go4 app, and let the AC record to the on board  SD card
2017-10-2
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

lannes Posted at 2017-10-2 04:34
Try turning off video caching in the DJI Go4 app, any let the AC record to the on board  SD card

I wonder if that is gonna fix (or improve at least) our "always present" image transmission issues. I hope so.

I'll try and tell.

Thanks.
2017-10-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Iannes.
Thanks for info. Made much improvement, but lag builds up after a while.
SD prompt seems to control sd card on device , but not sure. Setting cache size makes no diff. Seems to default to 3 gig which is spare capacity on  tablet card. Perhaps card is too small?
All works fine on otg, but cable is a bit of a hassle.
I think you're right, problem is caching. Thanks very much , I 'll keep trying.

2017-10-2
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Captain
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

Nemroig Posted at 2017-10-2 04:57
I wonder if that is gonna fix (or improve at least) our "always present" image transmission issues. I hope so.

I'll try and tell.

Glad we are on the same page. Please do keep us posted on the results.... Anything that helps would be great as every fix i have been advised hasn't improved things so far and this video transmission issue seems to be affecting a lot more people suffering the same issues these days!! I can't get any further than about 50m without losing video, yesterday i was flying 12m away from me and had the weak video transmission, it actually made me laugh!!!
2017-10-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Well as I say OTG works well. But shouldn't have to resort to it.
Some setting changes seem to take a while or a re boot.
Thing is it was alright.
Tried 32G class 10 in device, no better. 8G class 10 normally in it with 7 Gig spare.
Only 16 Gig device with 3 Gig  available, so could be struggling.

Phone motorola moto g 3rd generation better but still laggy.
Again fine on OTG.
Hope to try 32 Gig device if I can find one.

2017-10-2
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

I think those image transmission issues are not related to the wifi between phone and RC (or are less related), although maybe using OTG and switching off the very all signals (bluetooth and wifi) could make it easier to get better image reception, I rather think that the problem exists between RC and AC. Maybe they don't find the good software for that hardware, or maybe that hardware is just not good enough for what it's supposed to do.

in the same way, I think that disabling video caching will not solve the problem since I assume that the only thing the phone does is to save (or not) the images that it previously receives from the AC, through the RC (and there we have the issues).

Anyway, I'll try it and tell the result.

Cheers
2017-10-2
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find that using the OTG cable fixes all the video lag and complete disconnects that I get with my Android devices.  I also don't find a need to shut off Wifi or Cell service on the tablet I am using with OTG.  
2017-10-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks for interest everyone.
Using OTG is better,but I should not ,indeed ought not have to use it as we all know by now.
  I've never had bluetooth on.
It could be between AC and RC, but surely everyone would
be suffering.
Let's all meet in Birmingham in a car park and we can all try everyone else's phones etc.(DJI to pay petrol)

2017-10-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

PS  There were none of those  stupid emos on my post when I clicked post!
2017-10-2
Use props
fans4bfd0d25
New

United States

I’m so freaking mad my DJI spark video was working just fine until I updated it to the new firmware now it’s acting crazy and the video feed back is slow and laggy DJI needs to fix this asap
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to reinstall the app, fly the drone in a place with less interference. Besides, you might need to switch the device to airplane mode and shut down the Bluetooth. If steps above don't help, I advise trying another device.
2017-10-8
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thankyou, but roblem completely fixed, on phone and tablet. Works perfectly, range now copletely acceptable and reliable, lag zero.
Using OTG.
My Spark is brilliant!
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules