iPhone 7 / IIOS11 and DJI GO 4 Problem
5172 28 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pocke
lvl.1
France

Hi,

I was happy because i get my new mavic pro 3 days ago...
I have a serious problem with the RC and my iPhone 7

Impossible to use the DJI GO 4 application with iPhone 7. I can't connect...
I've tried with another cable => NO OK
I've unistalled DJI GO 4 and reinstall it => NO OK
I've totally reset my iPhone and just install DJI GO 4 => NO OK

If i use a friend's iPhone 6, it WORKS immediatly!
So, I make firmware update of the RC and Mavic Pro, but still the same problem with my iPhone 7

What's wrong with my iPhone ?
I have the latest IOS 11 installed...

Thanks for your help, because i can't use it normally for the moment

2017-10-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are using the latest version of DJI Go 4 ? V4.1.12 came out about two days ago, using latest may or may not fix the problem with the i7 connecting to controller.
On the rare occasion I get a disconnected message (and this is historical, not just the latest software) then simply unplugging USB at one end and reinserting makes it work. Presumably it is re-establishing the USB connection.
2017-10-1
Use props
pocke
lvl.1
France

I've the latest version already...
I disconnect / reconnect USB 100 times, no effects!
2017-10-1
Use props
PY4CK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I have operated mine without a single issue.

Last night I upgraded to the latest patch for IOS 11 (IOS 11.1) and at the same time upgraded to the latest DJI GO 4 version 4.1.12. Started my flight as usual then at about 150 meters I noticed a weird thing. The recording indication was on but not indication of length of recorder. It seemed as though the screen was frozen.
Then I noticed that other indications were also the same way, such as distance etc. Out of blue a black-out on the screen. I hit RTH button and no problem the bird came back to its nest. Still flying, disconnected the IPHONE and put it back on but the same happened after a while. I landed. Shut everything off and reset (closed all my iPhone applications and literally restarted the phone) and off I went again for the flight. No difference, same problem. It seems that the screen is freezing and even alarms are not at this point working (proximity and beeps for recording).

I have an iPhone 7 +

The funny thing is that minutes before I had flown my Spark with the same iphone without a single issue.

I would reconsider go back to DJI Go app 4.1.11. It was working beautifully.
2017-10-1
Use props
pocke
lvl.1
France

I Tried today with a friend iPhone 7... Exactly the same iPhone i have, and it works !!! Why us mine not working???

GRRRRR!!!
2017-10-1
Use props
PY4CK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Just another info on my tests.

Again flew my SPARK perfectly well with the new version of DJI GO 4.

However with the Mavic it all started also well, but as soon as I hit the record button the the screen information as recording time, distance and sometimes return video freezes. I closed the application in flight and re-oponed it and it was ok again. Tapping recording one more time and the mess re-starts.

DJI do you have any clue ?

By the way, I erased the whole program this afternoon and re-installed it again. Same problem.

2017-10-1
Use props
pocke
lvl.1
France

PY4CK Posted at 2017-10-1 11:27
Just another info on my tests.

Again flew my SPARK perfectly well with the new version of DJI GO 4.

Please, this is my post
Make a new thread if you want to discuss about your case

thanks
2017-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

pocke Posted at 2017-10-1 10:51
I Tried today with a friend iPhone 7... Exactly the same iPhone i have, and it works !!! Why us mine not working???

GRRRRR!!!

Examine your iPhone's cable Lightening receptacle and check for debris/pocket lint -- we've seen some reports of such that probably prevented the cable from seating properly. Can you sync across a cable to iTunes using that phone?
2017-10-1
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pocke Posted at 2017-10-1 10:51

GRRRRR!!!

Do you and your friend have the same version of IOS ?
2017-10-1
Use props
pocke
lvl.1
France

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-1 11:55
Examine your iPhone's cable Lightening receptacle and check for debris/pocket lint -- we've seen some reports of such that probably prevented the cable from seating properly. Can you sync across a cable to iTunes using that phone?

Hi,

I’ve checked the dust’ nothing
Sync with iTunes workes fine too
2017-10-1
Use props
pocke
lvl.1
France

lannes Posted at 2017-10-1 11:59
Do you and your friend have the same version of IOS ?

Yes exctly the same IOS 11.0.0
2017-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Weirdness. You should probably update to 11.0.1, but I'm not sure that'll do anything. When you tried alternate cables, like the one that you use to sync with iTunes, did you unplug the side port on the RC? If you don't, the bottom port will be ignored.
2017-10-1
Use props
pocke
lvl.1
France

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-1 12:59
Weirdness. You should probably update to 11.0.1, but I'm not sure that'll do anything. When you tried alternate cables, like the one that you use to sync with iTunes, did you unplug the side port on the RC? If you don't, the bottom port will be ignored.

Yes, I unplegged this f*** cable
This problem make me crazy
2017-10-1
Use props
BernieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18737 ft
United States

Do you have any restrictions enabled in Settings->General->Restrictions?  FYI the current iOS is 11.0.1 (at least in the US).
2017-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

pocke Posted at 2017-10-1 13:04
Yes, I unplegged this f*** cable
This problem make me crazy

Is there an Apple store nearby you can take it in to for evaluation? They have all sorts of tech diagnostic tools they can run to try to suss out the problem. Since it's working fine with other phones it sure sounds like it's your phone's hardware rather than the Mavic -- I'm thinking a dead pin on your lightening connector.
2017-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

You could also try cleaning the lightening port: https://www.engadget.com/2014/07 ... -charging-problems/
2017-10-1
Use props
BernieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18737 ft
United States

Just a thought, is Dji go set to “Mavic Pro” on its  home screen?
2017-10-1
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

You should rollback to 10.3.3 for now. The ios 11 is too new and there are random problems with many software, even Apple bundled. Rollback and the problem will be gone. Wait for a couple of months then do the upgrade.
You should be hurry. Apple still let you downgrade but not so long.
2017-10-1
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Upon downgrading by restoring from encrypted backup you will get the DJI Go 4 the version at the time of backup. You have another chance to decide whether to upgrade the DJI Go or not.
2017-10-1
Use props
PY4CK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

pocke Posted at 2017-10-1 11:49
Please, this is my post
Make a new thread if you want to discuss about your case

Sorry mate, I was really under the impression we were experiencing similar connection problems after the upgrade.

I will leave you in peace with yours. Good luck.
Vraiement, j'ai cru que nous étions ensemble avec le même souci sur la nouvelle mis à jour, mais à juger par ton message, il me semble que non.

J'espère que quelq'un vienne en aide. Courage et bonne chance.

2017-10-1
Use props
pocke
lvl.1
France

BernieB Posted at 2017-10-1 14:07
Just a thought, is Dji go set to “Mavic Pro” on its  home screen?

Hi,

No no
2017-10-1
Use props
pocke
lvl.1
France

Hi all

For your info, i've upgraded my iPhone to IOS 11.1 Beta and now it works!

Very strange...
2017-10-3
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

pocke Posted at 2017-10-3 11:13
Hi all

For your info, i've upgraded my iPhone to IOS 11.1 Beta and now it works!

Did you ever try non-beta 11.01? That version works for me.
2017-10-3
Use props
RonMargan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160896 ft
Israel

just connect RC and drone to PC and reinstall firmware. happened to me, and it fixed it.
2017-10-3
Use props
curso88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7359 ft
Spain

Same problem in my  iPhone 7 Plus using IOs 11. I rollback to IOs 10.3.3 and no problem. IMHO si a DJI SDK for IOS bug combined with the RC firmware. I hope that DJI solve this problem
2017-10-4
Use props
BASE509
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2503 ft
United States

i have been having the same problem. i called dji, they said it was an issue with ios11.0.1  they said they were trying to fix as we speak. so use an older phone if you can for now until they fix issue
2017-10-4
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

any update
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Smith, I replied your own thread Here , please try what I suggested, see if it helps.
2017-11-2
Use props
501Studios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171519 ft
United States

I see a lot of issues when running the DJI Go app and iphone 7+. I'm having the same issue. I am flying an inspire 1 pro and only can use the dji go app, not dji go 4. This is a HUGE issue that i have been trying to figure out for some time. My question is to DJI. Are you going to fix this?  We spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on our equipment to only find out that your software isn't up to date and not working.  This has been like this for almost a year now WHY!?!?!?!?
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules