shaky video
919 4 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

I need some advice and/or help in determining what could be the video issue with my two flights yesterday with my Mavic Pro.
Both flights were under the same conditions.  Cloudless day, late afternoon, very little wind.
All previous flights so far (60-75 or so) have video quality that I'd consider excellent (no shaking, good focus, etc.)
For no reason I can think of, both of these flights yesterday  produced "shaky" or rather video that appeared to be "wavy".
There were no type of error messages during flight and everything was as it had been for many, many flights before, yet the video was very wavy.
here is a 10 second snip of the video.  I would very much appreciate any ideas or thoughts on what this might be and why it suddenly popped up after so many good flights.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Vk/view?usp=sharing
(might need to download to view)
2017-10-1
Use props
MMARKOE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710 ft
United States

That looks like a Jello effect. This occurs when you are shooting at a high shutter speed. Try shooting at a lower shutter speed and video a subject pointed at the horizon rather than strait down as you fly.
2017-10-1
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

I think I've figured it out.  The gimball mechanism appeared to be "above" the clamp which is attached to the frame (see attached).  I've gently moved the gimball assembly back below that small metal tab and will take a test flight later.  Odd though how the gimball assembly got above that metal tab... there has been no crashes or rough handling of the drone.  I hold it like a newborn.

Gimball image clamp

2017-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 2017-10-1 07:20
I think I've figured it out.  The gimball mechanism appeared to be "above" the clamp which is attached to the frame (see attached).  I've gently moved the gimball assembly back below that small metal tab and will take a test flight later.  Odd though how the gimball assembly got above that metal tab... there has been no crashes or rough handling of the drone.  I hold it like a newborn.

Gimball image clamp

Yup, that'll do it! Probably got jarred out out of place during some bumpy transport in the car. Glad you got it sorted.
2017-10-1
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

Test flight done and problem corrected.  I recall that the Mavic case (with Mavic in it) toppled over and fell about 1', so that is what must have done it.  The Mavic was tightly packed away but I didn't have my gimbal clip on, just the gimbal cover, since I was transporting it to a close mission site.
2017-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules