Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Fly More Combo - shoulder strap or not?
1958 20 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

I bought my Mavic in a Fly More Combo about 7 weeks ago.   I can't find a shoulder strap to go with the bag - I can't recall ever seeing one.  I didn't actually use the bag - I bought a hard case instead.

I've contacted somone else who has a Fly More combo - and they can't find a shoulder strap either!

So my question is this - is there supposed to be a shoulder strap with the bag in the fly-more combo?   The bag is described as the "mavic shoulder bag" shown here with strap when sold seperatly:  https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-shoulder-bag  

Its difficult to see how a shoulder bag would not have a sholder strap.

2017-10-1
Use props
Lay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185449 ft
Finland

There is shoulder strap on mine.
2017-10-1
Use props
Time2Party
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

Mine also has a shoulder strap in the box.
2017-10-1
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Mine came with a strap, but of course it was not attached.  It came in a separate tightly-folded wad, as I recall.  I don't remember precisely where in the packaging it was.  It would have been easy to miss when you're trying to open 20 little white boxes and get everything set up.

Generic straps are just a couple bucks if you really want one.  I find that silly shoulder bag to be way too small to be useful without risking damage to the controller.  Someone at DJI needs to have their head placed into a toilet for that one.
2017-10-1
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

It should come with a strap and is probably the best way to carry it.  From memory my strap came wrapped and elsewhere so i had to fit it myself.
I love the fly more bag.  I can get everything in without losing portability.  It'll even drop into my day sack with real camera gear without issue.
I carry the mavic, remote, 3 batteries, the cables, spare SD cards, spare props, filter set, tablet holder in the bag itself with a small landing pad clipped off to a d-ring on the outside.  Its a good neat solution containing everything needed to fly.
2017-10-1
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2017-10-1 07:07
It should come with a strap and is probably the best way to carry it.  From memory my strap came wrapped and elsewhere so i had to fit it myself.
I love the fly more bag.  I can get everything in without losing portability.  It'll even drop into my day sack with real camera gear without issue.
I carry the mavic, remote, 3 batteries, the cables, spare SD cards, spare props, filter set, tablet holder in the bag itself with a small landing pad clipped off to a d-ring on the outside.  Its a good neat solution containing everything needed to fly.

How do you get all that crammed into the bag without having the controller sticks get completely mashed to one side?  I've tried getting everything in there several times and finally gave up in frustration.  Maybe I'll have to try again.

Someone should make a video on how to best pack your Mavic bag.
2017-10-1
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-1 07:19
How do you get all that crammed into the bag without having the controller sticks get completely mashed to one side?  I've tried getting everything in there several times and finally gave up in frustration.  Maybe I'll have to try again.

There are some after market Controller Stick Thumb Protective Clip available to protect the sticks when packing in the bag.   Also several youtube videos on how to pack the bag (but frankly I still felt the result was unsatisfactory):

2017-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I put the controller in so that the sticks are in the middle of the pocket, controller's back perpendicular to the front of the bag. It helps if you put the batteries in the side pockets last.
2017-10-1
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I just use one of the stick protectors to clip over them to hold rigid.  Needed one even without the bag as whatever i put the remote in the slightly pressure on them would cause them to move.

FWIW 1 battery in the mavic.  Mavic, remote and top bit of tablet holder fit into main compartment.  1 battery in the netting each side.  Spare props and cables in the zip mesh on top of the lid.  The front compartment has the other part of tablet holder and the filters.
2017-10-1
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got a hardcase which is like a small backpack that was made for Mavic...holds 3 batteries plus you can put another one in Mavic...I carry my filters, iPad, iPad screen shade, glasses, controller, cables and iPad holder...but back to the Pro bag...mine came with the strap but like the guys said above I had to look in the bag to find it..now I gotta figure out a good way to "easily" carry the goggles when backpacking...
2017-10-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RocketChap Posted at 2017-10-1 07:53
There are some after market Controller Stick Thumb Protective Clip available to protect the sticks when packing in the bag.   Also several youtube videos on how to pack the bag (but frankly I still felt the result was unsatisfactory):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUDrEcKVa0I

Whoa, that's a lot of packing video's
2017-10-1
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Lay Posted at 2017-10-1 05:34
There is shoulder strap on mine.

Mine also haves
2017-10-1
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

Like most everyone else here I got a shoulder strap with my Fly More Combo.
2017-10-2
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer
Australia

There was a shoulder strap with mine but l have never used it
2017-10-2
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Strap should come with the bag, came with mine too. Maybe shipper/seller missed placing it with the bag. I believe mine inside the bag.
2017-10-2
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Look in your boxes that the Combo kit came in.
Betcha it's in there some place...
2017-10-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

if u look at pictures 2 and 3 and 5 of the link u posted then u will see the strap in those images.
Mine came with a strap
did not use it at first - now i do all the time
2017-10-2
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-2 12:03
if u look at pictures 2 and 3 and 5 of the link u posted then u will see the strap in those images.
Mine came with a strap
did not use it at first - now i do all the time

Thanks.   The link I posted was the shoulder bag sold on its own - indeed showing a strap - that was what prompted my query.  My question was about the bag provided in the Mavic Fly More Combo - which I thought might not be supplied with a strap (erroneously or not) - particularly as someone else I contacted was missing a shoulder strap in their Fly More Combo.

It would seem clear from the responses that a shoulder strap should be included - thanks folks!
2017-10-2
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Mine came with a strap ...  but i carry everything in my hard case in my boot and only use the bag if i am going for a walk with the drone.
2017-10-3
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Mine, also, came with the strap! and attached!
2017-10-3
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

First you put two batteries down into the left side puch, in 69 position, then you pull that flap up ontop of them like its a blanket. Then once you have the gimbal dome installed, you slide the Mavic into the other side, dome first, and iward so it touches a battery. If you especially clever you kept the rubber dome cover and use it now so the dome doesn't get s scratch, not that it matters because you being very wise would never fly with it. The mavic of course has a battery on it. Next you slide the remote down ontop of the blanketed batteries, at a 45 degree angle clockwise, with the sticks on the low side. Since you left the props on, you don't need the bagged extras, but since you are a big show off, you slide them down around the rc. Your silly smart phone can now go in the ceiling pouch.
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules