Isolated, wild island, with traces of naval history.
542 10 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Berserk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275814 ft
Norway

Dont know much about the wreck, i would belive it to be from the early 1900 or late 1800.
It look like a cargo ship of some kind, but could possibly be a passenger ship to.
The wreck is located on a small uninhabited island,
that again is between two bigger island in the remote coastal area in the middle of Norway.

I hope you will enjoy the video, and be free to comment!
2017-10-1
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

After some research i have found out that the ship could possible be the fishing vessel "Better luck" build in the UK in 1885.
In 1914 it was sold to Sweden, and later to  Norway and changed name to "Storli" and was used as a transport ship.
"Storli" was later lost and forgotten in the area where this wreck is located today, but it is not confirmed that its the same ship.
2017-10-2
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I mean no disrespect and hope you do not take any.  My feeling is that your video would have been better if you'd reduced it to half its length.  It was just a bit too long.  BUT, the beginning and the end were both great - so any cutting that I'd recommend would be simply from the middle.  That said, GREAT subject matter, good music, good flying.
2017-10-2
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-2 08:07
I mean no disrespect and hope you do not take any.  My feeling is that your video would have been better if you'd reduced it to half its length.  It was just a bit too long.  BUT, the beginning and the end were both great - so any cutting that I'd recommend would be simply from the middle.  That said, GREAT subject matter, good music, good flying.

No offence taken! I understand what you mean. The reason i wanted this length, is because i wanted the whole song to play out, and i wanted the long/slow clips that goes from the wreck and ends overlocking the landscapes and surroundings. I think it worked Ok, but thats my opinion
2017-10-2
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

OK, that makes good sense.  I too deal with music clips that are longer than my videos.  I use iMovie to edit my scenes, and it has one nice feature for dealing with that problem.  iMovie allows me to "fade out" a song at any point.  So I clip my music just a bit beyond the end of my video and then use that "fade out" to let the audio go quiet a few seconds after the final scene.  Anyway, good luck and good flying.  
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
I would make it shorter indeed OR make / add more footage from other angles, heights etc.
Maybe some from really high / low
2017-10-2
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-2 10:57
OK, that makes good sense.  I too deal with music clips that are longer than my videos.  I use iMovie to edit my scenes, and it has one nice feature for dealing with that problem.  iMovie allows me to "fade out" a song at any point.  So I clip my music just a bit beyond the end of my video and then use that "fade out" to let the audio go quiet a few seconds after the final scene.  Anyway, good luck and good flying.

I have the "fade out" tool also, but i am never happy about how it plays out, maybe i need some practise But thanks for the feedback! I will try to improve my work!
2017-10-2
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-2 10:59
Nice video!
I would make it shorter indeed OR make / add more footage from other angles, heights etc.
Maybe some from really high / low

Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate the advices.
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Berserk Posted at 2017-10-2 11:41
I have the "fade out" tool also, but i am never happy about how it plays out, maybe i need some practise But thanks for the feedback! I will try to improve my work!

Always hard to 'cut' to existing music.
If you stick to the 'verse' or 'chorus' endings a 'fade out' will usually work just fine.
As long as it feels natural it is ok.
And make sure you make transitions between cuts on the 1st beat only. (unless you want some other effect)
Works best.
At least to my ears.

2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Berserk Posted at 2017-10-2 11:51
Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate the advices.

Learning all the time
2017-10-2
Use props
Berserk
Second Officer
Norway

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-2 12:15
Always hard to 'cut' to existing music.
If you stick to the 'verse' or 'chorus' endings a 'fade out' will usually work just fine.
As long as it feels natural it is ok.

Thanks for the tips
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules