Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does anyone regret upgrading the Mavic Pro firmware?
12Next >
2798 43 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brado23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144003 ft
Australia

Hi,

I'm still running the 4.0.8 DJI Go software and am still on firmware 1.03.0600 on the Mavic Pro and Controller which are the versions before they introducted the dynamic flight zone updating, etc, as I was a bit skeptical when these updates came about about 4 or so months ago.

Now that they have been out for a while, does anyone regret doing the upgrade, or has your experience with the newer firmware versions been good?

Thanks,
Brad

2017-10-1
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am on the latest firmware and DJI GO 4 app and have had no problems. I am very happy with the updates and the new features that have been added.
2017-10-1
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

After all updates, i face many problems and now when my Mavic is back from service it came with .0900 I'll definitely Not upgrade it! Never again If everything is OK - do not touch it .
2017-10-1
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

well if you want the new features like flightmodes and beter image quality i suggest to update your MP.
Also your battery lifetime etc is important.
I haven't found any problems yet.

2017-10-1
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-1 22:33
well if you want the new features like flightmodes and beter image quality i suggest to update your MP.
Also your battery lifetime etc is important.
I haven't found any problems yet.

Better image quality?  I seek proof.
2017-10-1
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Since upgrade, weather has turned very windy keeping Mavic at home. Just two short test flights which were ok but turbulent. Hoping weather improves soon.
2017-10-1
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-1 23:00
Better image quality?  I seek proof.

Check youtube, there a few test on improved image quality. However sharpness  is still set to +1 in style settings.
2017-10-1
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer
Australia

I updated dji app,firmware & my phone to iso 11.0.1 all last night. I flew for about 1 hour in total today with no problems
2017-10-2
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer
Australia

Hi Brad where in Australia are you don’t see many people from Australia on Dji Forum
2017-10-2
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

I'm running the latest firmware without issues.
2017-10-2
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

I do not do updating. Still on .0800, a perfect version for me. Do not update DJI Go 4, do not want new feature. And do not update ios, still 10.3.3
2017-10-2
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's been times that I've regretted b/c of the sporadic glitches that come with the updates but overall pretty satisfied with most of what the upgrades offer.
2017-10-2
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

No regrets... last FW version, last App version and last iOS version...
2017-10-2
Use props
Oneshotblu
New
Flight distance : 89669 ft
Italy

Hello this is my experience with the last firmware...

I update the firmware yesterday morning using the DJI 4 app on my S8 +.

After the update completed successfully, I rebooted the remote and the drone.
Since then, I coult no connect the remote to my mobile anymore (I tried both USB.. same result).
I noticed also that the remote is not even charging the battery of the mobile, as it was doing before.

The remote can be connected to the PC but the connection is working only with one cable (and only one works, big diameter for 2A, maybe there is a "link" between the facts).
This cable I'm using is a micro usb, and even with adaptor (micro USB -> USB-C), it is not working on my S8 +.

I tried to revert to older firmware usign DJI Assistant app but nothing change.
The option to "restore factory settings" is giving me error everytime.
The ports seems totally dead when I plug my mobile in.

I even tried to push the .900 firmware to the remote and drone, using unofficial software.
The process completes (always and only using the famous big diameter cable), the remote still "talk" to the drone but the USB are dead.

When I say that the communication between remote and drone is ok I mean that I can turn on motors, move gimbal and take pictures... but no way to have the mobile connected.

I don't know what to do and as you can read here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-113684-1-1.html , other users suffer the same or similar problems with this firmware.

What do you suggest?

Is there a way to soft or hard reset the controller to factory default settings?

Thank you
2017-10-2
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Last two updates - all is well.  Flown about 20 sorties since last update.  No app disconnect.  Samsung S7 with phone display > mode > BASIC and display > Resolution > 1920 x 1080.  This reduces the load on the processor as well, as well as lower energy use.
2017-10-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All very latest firmware/software/iOS to date, using iPad Pro 9.7, with no problems at all noticed in three or four flights with Mavic over past day or two.
2017-10-2
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Never had issues when updating. And all new features are welcome...
2017-10-2
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

With my Phantom 3 when it was new, I updated the firmware by downloading it to an SD card and went that route.  It failed once, but succeeded on retry.  Still, that left me nervous about firmware upgrades.  With my Mavic (and iPhone 6)  I have updated firmware twice now by simply saying "Yes" on the DJI go app and letting the update happen over wifi between my iPhone and the Mavic.  No problems either time.
2017-10-2
Use props
itsjustme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

I don’t because I never upgraded past .400. I learned from my phantom 3 days. Don’t upgrade if nothing broken for you. While it’s tempting to upgrade for some minor features, probably  not worth the hidden limitations and unseen problems new updates bring.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

Gregbella Posted at 2017-10-2 02:34
Hi Brad where in Australia are you don’t see many people from Australia on Dji Forum

Gday mate from Brisbane
2017-10-3
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I have taken every firmware update since reciving my Mavic in January and have not had and major issues at all. I have also taken all the DJI app updates as well without issues.

I have always updated via the DJI app and have never needed to use the Assistant software for updates.
2017-10-3
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

I'm on the latest firmware on Mavic.  I have screen freezing or slow shutter speed.  It will take a few seconds to take a picture.  I haven't downgraded yet but is becoming an issue.  Thought it was just the first flight but happens on multiple flights and is not consistent.
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

fansaa3da6c4 Posted at 2017-10-3 07:14
I'm on the latest firmware on Mavic.  I have screen freezing or slow shutter speed.  It will take a few seconds to take a picture.  I haven't downgraded yet but is becoming an issue.  Thought it was just the first flight but happens on multiple flights and is not consistent.

Have you reinstalled the app to see if this issue is continuing? What type of mobile device are you using?
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Oneshotblu Posted at 2017-10-2 11:39

You will need to use the Assistant 2 software. Please try refreshing the firmware through the Assistant 2 Software. You can find this information on page 51: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.8.pdf
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

The best way to get the latest feature for your Mavic is through updating. If you use an Assistant 2 Software, you should not have any problems with updating.
2017-10-3
Use props
Oneshotblu
New
Italy

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 07:44
You will need to use the Assistant 2 software. Please try refreshing the firmware through the Assistant 2 Software. You can find this information on page 51: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170919/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.8.pdf

Dear Mark, I did it several times.. without success.

Is there a way to hard / soft reset the remote?

The factory reset command in Assistant 2 is not working.. and refreshing the update is not solving... I'm stuck.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Thank you

Filippo
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Oneshotblu Posted at 2017-10-3 08:00
Dear Mark, I did it several times.. without success.

Is there a way to hard / soft reset the remote?

Not sure if you tried this or not. Please try the following steps:

Turn off remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote, you will see the light blue led, then run the APP and try to upgrade it again.
2017-10-3
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 07:41
Have you reinstalled the app to see if this issue is continuing? What type of mobile device are you using?

Reinstall DJI Go 4  app and seems to fixed the slow response and freezing. Thanks!
2017-10-3
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

Mine won't fly with he DJI GO app, it won't connect. So YES to your question. Once I could fly my Mavic, seems like a long time ago. Now I can't.
2017-10-3
Use props
Oneshotblu
New
Italy

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 08:09
Not sure if you tried this or not. Please try the following steps:

Turn off remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote, you will see the light blue led, then run the APP and try to upgrade it again.

Dear, sorry but what do you mean for Camera setting dial? Isn't it just a wheel on Mavic?
Thank you
Regards
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Oneshotblu Posted at 2017-10-3 15:12
Dear, sorry but what do you mean for Camera setting dial? Isn't it just a wheel on Mavic?
Thank you
Regards

Please review this link on page 34. It is referred to as a Camera Settings dial: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.8.pdf
2017-10-4
Use props
baronerosso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1978228 ft
Italy

Updated FW without issuses.

During some update processes I experienced a temporary no video issue but all is solved with an IMU calibration
2017-10-4
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I´m on 01.03.0700 and have no plans to upgrade any time soon
2017-10-4
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-10-2 16:30
Never had issues when updating. And all new features are welcome...

That is exactly the way I see those FW updates.
2017-10-4
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Oneshotblu Posted at 2017-10-2 11:39

Search youtube for "Digdat0", lots of info on updates, and also how to up/downgrade to any revision of firmware you want.
Me? I am still on .400 and a happy camper....Mavic is happy, Go4 is happy, tablet is happy...
2017-10-4
Use props
Oneshotblu
New
Italy

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-4 07:07
Please review this link on page 34. It is referred to as a Camera Settings dial: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170919/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.8.pdf

Dear Mark,

I tried dial up and dial down, no results... I'm not sure to get you, sorry.

2017-10-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Oneshotblu Posted at 2017-10-4 11:50
Dear Mark,

I tried dial up and dial down, no results... I'm not sure to get you, sorry.

Thank you for the information. Please allow  a technician to take a look at your remote. You would start the process here: http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-10-4
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-10-3 15:01
Mine won't fly with he DJI GO app, it won't connect. So YES to your question. Once I could fly my Mavic, seems like a long time ago. Now I can't.

I had the same issue... downgrade iOS to 10.3.3 and Refresh the FW on the AC/RC using the Assitant 2 software as Mark has said. I found that iOS 11 changes the behavior of a few apps... DJI GO is one of them.
2017-10-4
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Ive always upgraded and so far only had 1 show stopping bug - the red band on portrait mode RAWs in i believe .700 which meant i couldn't use that firmware.  It was fixed within a week or so though by the next update.
Other than that, no issues.  It just works.
2017-10-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

After updating to .1000 I was so disappointed at the way dji has become an “all seeing eye” that I googled digdat and downgraded back to .700 and the used Charles to go back to dji go 4.0.8. This is were I’m staying till my drone passes away...
2017-10-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules